Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vito don tito View Post
    I still argue with Volunteer fans that Charles Woodson was the better player in college and his gamebreaking plays won him the Heisman. Many people are going to choose Peyton over Charles.

    Woodson won a National Championship.
    Manning won a Super Bowl.

    As much as I urk @ Green Bay, maybe it can be finished in the Super Bowl this year.

    I'd still rather have Charles Woodson over Peyton Manning and I'd take it any day of the week. Yes, Manning is a dominating QB, the position is in his blood, but could he beat Vandy? Ryan Leaf was JUST as GOOD....remember.

    You can't compare Woodson to anybody. If you want to say Terry Fair, I will laugh at you. The nice, retired, Terry Fair.

    Toss Up.
    Who would you rather have, for you, your team and your community, Charles Woodson or Peyton Manning?
    You'd rather take a CB over a sure fire Hall of Famer Quarterback? Your nuts
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    526
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton Manning is a girly man......

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,722
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by x the game x View Post
    brady has 3 rings and manning has 1,so how is manning better then brady?manning has had harrisson and wayne along with good rb's brady won with troy brown and the season he got good recievers broke records.give brady 2 great recievers his whole career and manning would shy in comparison.
    Based on your AWFUL argument, Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino. Rings don't mean you're a better quarterback. You're completely missing the fact that the Pats had much better defenses and the greatest coach of this era during that time. You're also taking into account that a LOT of things have to fall into place for you to win a Super Bowl. A lot of it is luck and a lot of it is out of a single player's control. The only thing a quarterback can control is what he does when he's on the field and Manning is a better QB, end of discussion.

    Any one who doesnt think peyton is overrated needs to get off espn's dick and watch some football to formulate there own opinions rather then what espn tells them.
    I watch a lot of football and (as a Titans fan) I have seen a lot of Peyton. He is better and it has nothing to do with the fact that I watch Sportscenter. My opinion is not biased based on media coverage. If it were, I would think Favre was the greatest athlete in the history of the sport. IMO, Favre barely cracks the top 10 QBs of all time...

    the entire defense around ray?are you serious?do you watch sports?whats the one constant in baltimore?ray lewis.the supporting cast and coaches come and go yet we are always a top defensive team because of ray lewis.a game changing mlb such as ray lewis is much more valuable to a team then a qb like peyton.i seem to remember a certain playoff against the ravens where manning couldnt score a td but ray was dominating him.
    Yes... I'm sure guys like Ed Reed, Samari Rolle, Chris McAllister, Rod Woodson, Sam Adams, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware andAdalius Thomas had NOTHING to do with Lewis' success? Obviously YOU don't watch many football games or you'd know that Baltimore has had tons of elite defensive players over the past decade other than Ray Lewis.

    You claim that you watch a lot of football, but your arguments are easily defeated by obvious points that you would know if you had followed football over the past decade. Perhaps you know less than you let on?


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,221
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by x the game x View Post
    brady has 3 rings and manning has 1,so how is manning better then brady?manning has had harrisson and wayne along with good rb's brady won with troy brown and the season he got good recievers broke records.give brady 2 great recievers his whole career and manning would shy in comparison.


    Any one who doesnt think peyton is overrated needs to get off espn's dick and watch some football to formulate there own opinions rather then what espn tells them.


    the entire defense around ray?are you serious?do you watch sports?whats the one constant in baltimore?ray lewis.the supporting cast and coaches come and go yet we are always a top defensive team because of ray lewis.a game changing mlb such as ray lewis is much more valuable to a team then a qb like peyton.i seem to remember a certain playoff against the ravens where manning couldnt score a td but ray was dominating him.
    Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB of all time is overrated? LOL! You tried really hard to get that in before the new year and you succeeded: Funniest thing I've heard in 2009!

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Based on your AWFUL argument, Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino. Rings don't mean you're a better quarterback. You're completely missing the fact that the Pats had much better defenses and the greatest coach of this era during that time. You're also taking into account that a LOT of things have to fall into place for you to win a Super Bowl. A lot of it is luck and a lot of it is out of a single player's control. The only thing a quarterback can control is what he does when he's on the field and Manning is a better QB, end of discussion.


    I watch a lot of football and (as a Titans fan) I have seen a lot of Peyton. He is better and it has nothing to do with the fact that I watch Sportscenter. My opinion is not biased based on media coverage. If it were, I would think Favre was the greatest athlete in the history of the sport. IMO, Favre barely cracks the top 10 QBs of all time...


    Yes... I'm sure guys like Ed Reed, Samari Rolle, Chris McAllister, Rod Woodson, Sam Adams, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware andAdalius Thomas had NOTHING to do with Lewis' success? Obviously YOU don't watch many football games or you'd know that Baltimore has had tons of elite defensive players over the past decade other than Ray Lewis.

    You claim that you watch a lot of football, but your arguments are easily defeated by obvious points that you would know if you had followed football over the past decade. Perhaps you know less than you let on?


    yeah its alot to do with luck when you win one ring(cough peyton cough) but when you win 3 its a different story.brady has the rings and arguably the best season ever for a qb so how is manning better?


    yet how many of your elite ravens have left and ray has stayed and they have continued to be an elite defense?obviously the only constant has been ray and hes pretty much been the best d-coordinator in football for over 10 years now

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaji View Post
    Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB of all time is overrated? LOL! You tried really hard to get that in before the new year and you succeeded: Funniest thing I've heard in 2009!



    what do you base him being the best off of?is it choking in the offs?then yes hes right up there with mcnabb and jim kelly as the greatest qb of all time.



    is it rings?cause he has as many as trent dilfer and brad johnson so he must be equal to them based off your logic.



    is it stats?cause 4806 50 8 trumps anything manning will ever do

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,722
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by x the game x View Post
    yeah its alot to do with luck when you win one ring(cough peyton cough) but when you win 3 its a different story.brady has the rings and arguably the best season ever for a qb so how is manning better?
    And yet that "greatest season ever for a QB" ended with a loss in the Super Bowl. So, I don't see how that helps your argument. And Belicheck and that defense had every bit as much to do with those Super Bowls as Brady did. You can't say Brady was the only reason...

    yet how many of your elite ravens have left and ray has stayed and they have continued to be an elite defense?obviously the only constant has been ray and hes pretty much been the best d-coordinator in football for over 10 years now
    Just because a player leaves or stays doesn't make him any more or less amazing. It makes him loyal. And McAllister and Ed Reed (who is in your own sig.....lol) both spent quite a while in Baltimore. Bottom line... the Ravens have always had great players on defense, Ray is hardly the only one.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •