Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Heisman Debate....Manning vs Woodson

I still argue with Volunteer fans that Charles Woodson was the better player in college and his gamebreaking plays won him the Heisman. Many people are going to choose Peyton over Charles.

Woodson won a National Championship.
    Manning won a Super Bowl.

As much as I urk @ Green Bay, maybe it can be finished in the Super Bowl this year.

I'd still rather have Charles Woodson over Peyton Manning and I'd take it any day of the week. Yes, Manning is a dominating QB, the position is in his blood, but could he beat Vandy? Ryan Leaf was JUST as GOOD....remember.

You can't compare Woodson to anybody. If you want to say Terry Fair, I will laugh at you. The nice, retired, Terry Fair.

Toss Up.
    Who would you rather have, for you, your team and your community, Charles Woodson or Peyton Manning?

vCash
    As a Detroit "tv screen yeller," I have to go with Woodson, as Stafford is sitting pretty in the dugout.

If we didn't have Stafford in Detroit, I'd still go with Woodson. How long can one depend on Mannings "duck feet."

vCash
    In college, give me Woodson. In the NFL (which is where it really counts IMO), give me Manning. I don't have the stats to support it, but I'm fairly certain that great QB's have more to do with victories and SB championships than great DB's, by and large.

vCash
    in college woodson was in a league of his own,he was a great cb and an amazing return man.in the pro's thats a tough call,peyton is peyton(overrated in my mind) and has largely benefitted from great coaching and a great supporting cast where as woodson got stuck with al davis.tough call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x the game x View Post
    in college woodson was in a league of his own,he was a great cb and an amazing return man.in the pro's thats a tough call,peyton is peyton(overrated in my mind) and has largely benefitted from great coaching and a great supporting cast where as woodson got stuck with al davis.tough call
    I think Peyton Manning is amazing but the part where I agree with you that he is overrated is how easily announcers say Manning is the best QB in the NFL, I think Brady and Brees are right there with Manning and that there really isn't a clear cut "best" QB. As for the forum I gotta go with Woodson in college,he was a beast, and Manning didn't win enough in college.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    College- Woodson
    Pros- Peyton

vCash
    Peyton and it isn't close. Woodson is one of the best corners in the game today. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer and arguably this season's defensive player of the year.

But you can't compare the value of any other position in the NFL to the value of a good QB. It's the single most important position of any sport. Woodson messes up on a play and his free safety could save him or maybe the quarterback could overthrow the receiver or the receiver could drop the pass. A million things could happen and even if he did make a mistake no one would mention that play a week or two from now.

If MANNING makes a big mistake, he'd never live it down. For years, he was the guy who couldn't beat the Patriots and couldn't win in the playoffs. He was a regular season warrior, like A-Rod or Wilt Chamberlain. But the bottom line is that he's the greatest quarterback of this generation, and will likely break most NFL passing records before it's all said and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Peyton and it isn't close. Woodson is one of the best corners in the game today. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer and arguably this season's defensive player of the year.

But you can't compare the value of any other position in the NFL to the value of a good QB. It's the single most important position of any sport. Woodson messes up on a play and his free safety could save him or maybe the quarterback could overthrow the receiver or the receiver could drop the pass. A million things could happen and even if he did make a mistake no one would mention that play a week or two from now.

If MANNING makes a big mistake, he'd never live it down. For years, he was the guy who couldn't beat the Patriots and couldn't win in the playoffs. He was a regular season warrior, like A-Rod or Wilt Chamberlain. But the bottom line is that he's the greatest quarterback of this generation, and will likely break most NFL passing records before it's all said and done.
    dude i think he was talking about just college, not NFL... If so I'd take Woodson EASILY... He was the most dominating player in college and also a game-breaker at punt returner.. He was just absolutely amazing at his position in college
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

yes you can.ray lewis in his prime was more valuable to the ravens then a qb.

vCash
    I like how the Pats fan and the Ravens fan call Peyton overrated. Dont be such homers that you hate on who will arguably be the best QB of all time when he retires.

In the NFL, Woodson disappered for years in Oakland and dont even give me the crap he played for a poor team cuz the Raiders made it to the SB in 2002. Peyton is easily the better NFL player.

And as for Ray Lewis in his prime it was the entire defense around him. If you had Ray Lewis in his prime on the Detroit Lions defense this year the Lions would still be garbage. Put Peyton behind center with Calvin Johnson Im pretty sure they would have won a few more games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    I like how the Pats fan and the Ravens fan call Peyton overrated. Dont be such homers that you hate on who will arguably be the best QB of all time when he retires.

In the NFL, Woodson disappered for years in Oakland and dont even give me the crap he played for a poor team cuz the Raiders made it to the SB in 2002. Peyton is easily the better NFL player.

And as for Ray Lewis in his prime it was the entire defense around him. If you had Ray Lewis in his prime on the Detroit Lions defense this year the Lions would still be garbage. Put Peyton behind center with Calvin Johnson Im pretty sure they would have won a few more games.

brady has 3 rings and manning has 1,so how is manning better then brady?manning has had harrisson and wayne along with good rb's brady won with troy brown and the season he got good recievers broke records.give brady 2 great recievers his whole career and manning would shy in comparison.

Any one who doesnt think peyton is overrated needs to get off espn's dick and watch some football to formulate there own opinions rather then what espn tells them.

the entire defense around ray?are you serious?do you watch sports?whats the one constant in baltimore?ray lewis.the supporting cast and coaches come and go yet we are always a top defensive team because of ray lewis.a game changing mlb such as ray lewis is much more valuable to a team then a qb like peyton.i seem to remember a certain playoff against the ravens where manning couldnt score a td but ray was dominating him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikantsass View Post
    College- Woodson
    Pros- Peyton
    Agreed. Although it wouldn't be so bad if you switched em (unless we were playing the Gators in college ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

vCash
    The 9ers have the best MLB in football now..our QB situation has been crap since we let Garcia go because of T-hOe..QB is the most premium position in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x the game x View Post
    brady has 3 rings and manning has 1,so how is manning better then brady?manning has had harrisson and wayne along with good rb's brady won with troy brown and the season he got good recievers broke records.give brady 2 great recievers his whole career and manning would shy in comparison.

Any one who doesnt think peyton is overrated needs to get off espn's dick and watch some football to formulate there own opinions rather then what espn tells them.

the entire defense around ray?are you serious?do you watch sports?whats the one constant in baltimore?ray lewis.the supporting cast and coaches come and go yet we are always a top defensive team because of ray lewis.a game changing mlb such as ray lewis is much more valuable to a team then a qb like peyton.i seem to remember a certain playoff against the ravens where manning couldnt score a td but ray was dominating him.
    Tom Brady still has good receivers this year so whats the problem now? And Im pretty sure Peyton Manning has taken his team to the playoffs for like 7 or 8 consecutive seasons now..... cant say the same for Ray Lewis.

So you take your MLB and Ill take the great QB, ok Homer Simpson?

vCash
    And do you remember the score of that playoff game too? Im thinking it was something like 15-6? All field goals? See, what Peyton did was drive down the field enough for his kicker to kick 5 field goals while whatever crappy QB that was behind center for the Ravens could only drive down far enough for your kicker to kick 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast