Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

If you win you're in.

Hitchcock had a sitdown meeting with Mason and Garon before Monday nights game in which he let them know that there is no longer a number 1 and number 2 goalie. They are now playing as equals and "If you win, you're in."

Basically if you win a game, you start gain next game, if not, then your out. Well, Garon lost Monday night, so I expect to see Mason back between the pipes tomorrow night at the Stars.

vCash
    In theory i like it, but i think there should be exceptions.

If Mason gives up 1 goal today, but the team loses then i still think he should get the next start. The goalies shouldn't be benched if the offense doesn't get it done.

This is what i would do for now. If you give up 0, 1, or 2 goals then you get the next start regardless of who wins.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    I agree that it sounds great, and I also agree that there should be exceptions.

One exception i think should be considered is if you won last time then you are in.

Say Goalie #1 lost at the previous game. However, history shows that Goalie #1 has done really well against the next team, then i think he should play. It is called coaching. For some reason Hitchcock isnt doing much of it these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigL View Post
    I agree that it sounds great, and I also agree that there should be exceptions.

One exception i think should be considered is if you won last time then you are in.

Say Goalie #1 lost at the previous game. However, history shows that Goalie #1 has done really well against the next team, then i think he should play. It is called coaching. For some reason Hitchcock isnt doing much of it these days.
    Honestly, i don't even know if goaltending is the biggest problem anymore.

Can't score for **** right now.

vCash
    One thing is for sure...Steve Mason will be playing next game. Looked phenomenal tonight.

vCash
    I know the Jackets lost tonight, but Mason better get his third straight start.

He has given up 1 goal in 2 games and there is no need to bench a guy who might finally be starting to get his confidence up.

vCash
    mason is playing great and you guys are having your best season in a while. olympic break will only make u better and get u that playoff spot