Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaw View Post
    Geez, it's like PSD Angel fans just ***** n moan all day. I'm a DIEHARD Angel's fan but I, like so many other PSD followers, can't stand all the whineyness and negativity. It gets old. Every thread is "wahhhhh wahhh"..."Why didn't we get so and so, and the Yankees or Redsox did". Any true Angel fan would know how far this team has come. We used to be one of the worst teams in the league for soooo many years. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward.
    While we lost a handful of key players on this team, it wasn't too much of a shock....it just hurt. We all knew this was Lackeys last year as a Halo. He didn't seem to be all too happy here, and you could just see him bolting out of here at first sight of a big contract with a contender. Figgy has been a "fill-in" at 3rd, among so many other places. I'm sure he just wanted a place where he knows he is going to be at a certain position and won't be looking over his shoulder at the "next" prospect (Wood) with a power bat and prototypical 3rd baseman physical features. Oliver has been great for us, but the addition of Rodney would make sense considering he can close when Fuentes looks shaky. And lastly, losing Vladdy would suck because of how huge has been for us but he is in the last years of his career. It's time to get younger and stock up again.
    Now, trading away a ton of players for a player like Halladay would not have made sense at all. You lose your starting SS, a solid pro pitcher and a handful of prospects to get arguably the best pitcher in the game but weaken your team overall. Not a smart trade. WE CANNOT COMPETE WITH THE REDSOX AND YANKEES WHEN IT COMES TO A BIDDING WAR ON FREE AGENTS. I know that we have been spoiled recently with getting guys like Vladdy and Torii, but we can't do that every year! Be realistic and support this team like real fans should! You won't be happy with everything, but that is why you and I are not GM's. People on here *****ed about just getting Abreu and missing out on last years big signings, but look where we got this year....over the Red Sox postseason curse and to the ALCS. We got beat by a team that BOUGHT a championship. We are Angel fans! Support this team as long as they are putting a winning product and exciting team out there!
    ha, you and I need to create a support group for all the people irritated with negativity and *****ing on this site.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GardenGrove View Post
    What scares me about your sig is that there is a more likely chance than not that nothing on that list will be crossed off and in fact, more things will need to be added to it to make the team as good as it was last year..
    ehh, I think #1 has a strong likelihood of happening. I could also see #4 happening (ray. #2 at this point probably has no shot in the world at happening, and number three could happen, but since we won't get Holliday or Bay I don't see us trading one of our remaining power hitters for a pitcher. I'm actually kind of thinking we're going to re-acquire Jon Garland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter48MVP View Post
    You forgot about D.J. Carrasco. Season 5-1 3.76 ERA 93.1IP(lead the league as a reliever) 62SO better than Calero, Nelson, Weathers, Eyre, and Beimel.
    Carrasco has said he wants to start instead of being a reliever. I'd be surprised if he gets a starting job, but still...
    Last edited by GA16Angels; 12-23-2009 at 03:41 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaw View Post
    Support this team as long as they are putting a winning product and exciting team out there!
    Sorry, but... you're wrong.

    I'm not a blind supporter. If this team makes moves I disagree with, I'm going to say so. If the front office passes up on free agents and lets players walk that I think they should've gone after, I'm going to say so. If Scoscia makes a lineup move or playing time decision I disagree with, I'm going to say so. It's because I'm a fan of this team that I say this stuff, and saying it doesn't make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else that will happily accept whatever they put on the field because we've "come a long way." I want this team to spend money and improve because I want this team to win, plain and simple. We can cry all we want about East Coast teams spending money and "buying" championships, but if we want to be a team that regularly contends like they do, then we also have to spend money. Sticking to some ideology about not "buying" a championship may be noble, but at the end of the day it leaves us at home watching the World Series with every other team that didn't make the playoffs. Noble is great. Winning is better.

    And as far as this whole "we've come a long way" stuff goes... who cares? This team sucked for a long time, but it's not been that same team since 2002, and there's no reason to look more than eight years back and be happy with this team simply making the playoffs now when we didn't before. Plain and simple, it's not the same team. So there's no reason to act like it's a team that has really improved from where it used to be, and be happy with only that. We're not the Reds or Royals or O's or Pirates. Simply making the playoffs isn't an accomplishment for this team anymore. You can't fall back on the "we've come a long way" thing anymore when we've made the playoffs 5 our of the last 6 seasons. We're past that now.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,801
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^

    couldnt have sad it better myself
    __________________________________._________

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    University of Utah
    Posts
    19,734
    vCash
    1500
    Wow I learned a lot about the history of the Angels in this thread lol. All in all, I just hope we get someone to replace Oliver thats decent at relieving.



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Downey, CA
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Sorry, but... you're wrong.

    I'm not a blind supporter. If this team makes moves I disagree with, I'm going to say so. If the front office passes up on free agents and lets players walk that I think they should've gone after, I'm going to say so. If Scoscia makes a lineup move or playing time decision I disagree with, I'm going to say so. It's because I'm a fan of this team that I say this stuff, and saying it doesn't make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else that will happily accept whatever they put on the field because we've "come a long way." I want this team to spend money and improve because I want this team to win, plain and simple. We can cry all we want about East Coast teams spending money and "buying" championships, but if we want to be a team that regularly contends like they do, then we also have to spend money. Sticking to some ideology about not "buying" a championship may be noble, but at the end of the day it leaves us at home watching the World Series with every other team that didn't make the playoffs. Noble is great. Winning is better.

    And as far as this whole "we've come a long way" stuff goes... who cares? This team sucked for a long time, but it's not been that same team since 2002, and there's no reason to look more than eight years back and be happy with this team simply making the playoffs now when we didn't before. Plain and simple, it's not the same team. So there's no reason to act like it's a team that has really improved from where it used to be, and be happy with only that. We're not the Reds or Royals or O's or Pirates. Simply making the playoffs isn't an accomplishment for this team anymore. You can't fall back on the "we've come a long way" thing anymore when we've made the playoffs 5 our of the last 6 seasons. We're past that now.


    I totally agree with your point of view! Very well said! The front office needs to make a move period. No more excuses Tony! If you competitors are improving then you need to. Plain and simple Tony if the Mariners and Ranger are taking your players you need to make a bold statement.
    The team has failed to acquire the following players, Miguel Caberra/Mark Texeria/Roy Halladay and failed to resign Chone Figgins and John Lakcey when given a chance to sign them to longer term contacts.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx08 View Post
    The team has failed to acquire the following players, Miguel Caberra/Mark Texeria/Roy Halladay and failed to resign Chone Figgins and John Lakcey when given a chance to sign them to longer term contacts.
    You could also add Carlos Beltran, AJ Burnett, and CC Sabathia to that list.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    1500
    Were we interested in Burnett last year?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,331
    vCash
    1500
    Sign Rodney and Valverde. We can use the help especially after the bullpen broke down in the playoffs.

    In a lot of ways, we'll look a little better out of the gate from last year as far as starting pitchers go. We didn't have Lackey for the first 6 weeks (or Santana for that matter) and now we have Kazmir in his place. However, our 5th starter will stink again, and we're lacking our ace, once again.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    1500
    The Angels have agreed to terms with Fernando Rodney, according to ESPNDeportes.com's Enrique Rojas (Jorge Arangure of ESPN passes on the translated news via Twitter). Rodney will sign a two-year deal worth $11MM.
    --mlbt_r

    overpaid much?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,801
    vCash
    1500
    Pitcher 1: IP 74.1 H 56 ER 20 ERA 2.42 K 90 BB 33 WHIP 1.20 BAA .209 (2 years 12M)

    Pitcher 2: IP 75.2 H 70 ER 37 ERA 4.40 K 61 BB 41 WHIP 1.47 BAA .249 (2 years 11M)

    Pitcher 3: IP 73.0 H 61 ER 22 ERA 2.71 K 65 BB 22 WHIP 1.14 BAA .237 (1 year 3M)


    which pitcher do you want?


    signing Rodney is good, but we signed him for way do much money, we could have had a better pitcher for 1M more, or for 3M less, Rodney does not improve what our bullpen was last year because hes not as good as Oliver, and we need to improve our bullpen from what it was last year because it wasnt good last year.
    __________________________________._________

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montclair, CA
    Posts
    2,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    --mlbt_r

    overpaid much?
    I just was going to post this as well. The Angels overpaid this guy who had a 4.40 ERA last season. With Matsui signing for 6.5MM and I'm guessing the Angels are paying Fernando Rodney 5.5MM for the upcoming season that equals 12MM. 12MM is what Autro Merano wanted to spend this season so I guess the Angels are done signing free agents. Or if the Angels trade Gary Matthews Jr and Juan Rivera that would free up some space to at least sign Jermaine Dye or maybe Johnny Damon.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montclair, CA
    Posts
    2,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Were we interested in Burnett last year?
    No, the Angels didn't have any interested in AJ Burnett. Mostly because they were more focus on Mark Teixeira and it would have made John Lackey mad that he was paying him that much money if Lackey was earning 9MM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    University of Utah
    Posts
    19,734
    vCash
    1500
    Welcome to the Halos I guess Rodney. Gotta step up your game to meet the contract though.



  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    18,641
    vCash
    1500
    Well i hope he's our closer and Fuentes is our lefty specialist.

    So it's gonna be Shields, Bulger, Jepsen, Fuentes, and Rodney?

    This means Palmer's our #5 unless we get a FA starter or we trade for one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •