Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joe! View Post
    dickeys post game remarks were awesome ... he wanted to go back out for the 9th but he said "if keeping frankie sharp helps us win ball games then im all for that"

awesome. professional through and through thus far.
    Dude, this is going to sound lame, but I'm unless Dickey absolutely bombs I'm gonna be bummed when he's no longer a Met. He's such a nice guy. Very intelligent as well. He seems like such a down to earth person.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    I love the way he says "because."

What kind of accent is that ?

He pronounces it like " bikawz "

vCash
    hahahah this thread is awesome so many haters from when he signed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    Dude, this is going to sound lame, but I'm unless Dickey absolutely bombs I'm gonna be bummed when he's no longer a Met. He's such a nice guy. Very intelligent as well. He seems like such a down to earth person.
    dude, when ur due to get 800k and have to settle for 75k and you go from fireballing to knuckle balling ... you get a slap of humility. stuff like that makes people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I love the way he says "because."

What kind of accent is that ?

He pronounces it like " bikawz "
    i think he's a good ol' boy from tennessee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championmets View Post
    hahahah this thread is awesome so many haters from when he signed
    You can hardly blame the haters, one of whom is now the Bishop of the C of D. Dicky's record was so mediocre over the last 4 or 5 years that even now when he's 6-0 in seven starts, people still refuse to believe that he is actually any good.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    afraid to jinx it, but might be the signing of the century
    THE APRIL 8TH CONCERT AT THE CRAZY DONKEY COMPLETLEY SOLD OUT. AN EXTREMELY SUCCESFUL FUNDRAISER FOR SPINAL AWARENESS I TRULY THANK ANYONE WHO DONATED OR EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM THE EVENT http://asyouwishphoto.smugmug.com/Ev...107_3vuWw-A-LB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uapeople View Post
    Could very well be the signing of the century. But then again, the century is only nine years old.

All kidding aside, the good fortune the Mets have had with Dickey is just history repeating itself from 15 years ago when they signed a journeyman righthander named Rick Reed.

I wonder how long it took him to win over fans?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uapeople View Post
    LMFAO WAT ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You can hardly blame the haters, one of whom is now the Bishop of the C of D. Dicky's record was so mediocre over the last 4 or 5 years that even now when he's 6-0 in seven starts, people still refuse to believe that he is actually any good.
    I was watching it on ESPN cuz i was too lazy to get on the comp and do it..

they showed an outing of him w/ the Rangers throwing his knuckleball against the Tigers. His movement was in slowmotion, and his ball was around 68. That game they hit 6 (I believe) homeruns off of him.

They also interviewed him and he was talking about how he has changed his approach. Pretty good stuff.
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    I didn't hate on the signing and I didn't make fun of his name, but his WHIP has concerned me. Tonight he was marvelous, and he is lowering the WHIP which has been my concern. Bravo Mr Dickey, bravo.

That said...

I cannot believe he was not allowed to start the 9th with a shutout going. Where's the reward? Such a great night allowed to finish on such a sour note.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    LMFAO WAT ?
    minor league deal and he's 6-0. thats quite a signing
    THE APRIL 8TH CONCERT AT THE CRAZY DONKEY COMPLETLEY SOLD OUT. AN EXTREMELY SUCCESFUL FUNDRAISER FOR SPINAL AWARENESS I TRULY THANK ANYONE WHO DONATED OR EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM THE EVENT http://asyouwishphoto.smugmug.com/Ev...107_3vuWw-A-LB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    I didn't hate on the signing and I didn't make fun of his name, but his WHIP has concerned me. Tonight he was marvelous, and he is lowering the WHIP which has been my concern. Bravo Mr Dickey, bravo.

That said...

I cannot believe he was not allowed to start the 9th with a shutout going. Where's the reward? Such a great night allowed to finish on such a sour note.
    Disagree. Frankie needed the work. The complete game would have been a nice personal achievement but the team has to come first.

Now, regarding those Bravos....

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Disagree. Frankie needed the work. The complete game would have been a nice personal achievement but the team has to come first.

Now, regarding those Bravos....
    What was wrong with last night? This was a complete game shut out, you just don't give those opps away.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    What was wrong with last night? This was a complete game shut out, you just don't give those opps away.
    Excuse me if I decide not to kill Jerry for thinking ahead.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast