Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    In all seriousness I totally understand this move.

Why should the Mets get hung up on getting themselves a Wang when a Dickey is readily had?
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    You are now officially my hero

vCash
    I could see Tricky Dickey as a nickname for the Mets knuckleballer, R.A. Dickey.

Or, in line with this thread, ... put the letter "U" in front of his first two initials.

vCash
    Championship! Lock it up

BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Wang is having a hard time out there, it seems like the Phillies are having an easy time laying off his balls. Wang took a line drive earlier off Howard's long wooden bat, and now he is telling the medical staff that he is feeling some throbbing sensations. It might be time to take Wang out before anything happens that might be regrettable in the future. Simply put, the Phillies have been beating Wang tonight since the first inning, and they have no intention to stop the beating. Fortunately, the Mets do have a more difficult to beat Dicky, because he is softer than Wang. Dicky should be providing the Phillies with a different style of balls. Dicky will be using his soft balls to confuse the Phillies after they encountered Wang's hard balls.
    LOL, you'd better start laying off those issues of Penthouse Forum dude!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I remember back in 2008 when Dickey shut down the Mets for 7 innings, when he was with the Mariners. Good times...

I imagine season ticket sales are going through the roof...now that we have a knuckleballer!

...maybe not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    I could see Tricky Dickey as a nickname for the Mets knuckleballer, R.A. Dickey.

Or, in line with this thread, ... put the letter "U" in front of his first two initials.
    U.R.A. Dickey!

vCash
    this thread never gets old.

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/1...ler-dickey/rss
    A person familiar with the negotiations told the Associated Press that the New York Mets have agreed to a minor league contract with knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.

advertisement

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the deal was not yet complete.

Dickey would get a $600,000, one-year contract if added to the major league roster and have the chance to earn $150,000 more in performance bonuses.
    Because we should never let this thread die.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The problem is not only are they stocking their major league team with with crap but they're also filling out their minor leagues with players with no upside.

What is the point?
    Oh the of little faith, and you supposed to be the leader of the Church of Dickey.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/1...ler-dickey/rss

Because we should never let this thread die.
    Oh I made sure of that.

vCash
    lol sick is ruthless tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I remember back in 2008 when Dickey shut down the Mets for 7 innings, when he was with the Mariners. Good times...

I imagine season ticket sales are going through the roof...now that we have a knuckleballer!

...maybe not
    Yeah I think Minaya remembered that too, and signed him based solely on that performance.
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Oh the of little faith, and you supposed to be the leader of the Church of Dickey.

Oh I made sure of that.
    Preach on Sick.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's a shame we got Dickey just as we lost Putz. How much you wanna bet next year we sign someone named Cox?
    rumor was the mets almost drafted one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joe! View Post
    lol sick is ruthless tonight
    haha

...but really the Mets are holding their Dickey in their hand and doing damage with it.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast