Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Actually, I don't give myself enough credit. I posted this after his first start on May 25th:

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    A month ago, I was no fan of R.A. Dickey. I don't like the knuckleball, never did. Very hard to control, hard to predict, also hard to catch. Games get very long and tedious involving knuckleballers.

Then I saw RA pitch in Buffalo on an SNY game. What I saw opened my eyes. He isn't your typical knuckleballer. He throws his floater harder than most. Very remiscent of Joe Niekro, the less famous brother but a very good pitcher in his own right.

RA began with the Mets where he left off with the Bisons, throwing strikes, getting batters out, giving quality innings. I'm sold.

Then there's the matter of Takahashi, a career stater in Japan who was a very good middle inning reliever for us this season. Pitching against the Yankees Friday night, he showed he can be equally effective as a starter. The only difference is he pitched more innings and will need 4 days off between appearances.

If their starters can go deeper into games, it will have a domino effect on the bullpen. Nieve should be able to get his magic back and maybe, just maybe, Feliciano's arm won't fall off sometime in August.

With Niese (how's the hammy doing?) as a fifth starter and Jason Bay finally heating up, we just might win some games this summer.

At any rate, we need to keep Dickey and Tak in the rotation.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Yes, I mocked the signing as did many people in here. Truth be told, i never heard of him. Like everyone else, I saw his numbers and laughed.

After his first two appearances with the Mets, I changed my tune and posted a thread saying it looks like our pitching staff is shaping up with Dickey and Taka leading the way. Many laughed at me but I stood by him. No one's laughing anymore.

What's your excuse?
    I don't need an excuse. I never mocked the signing. I never once said Omar is an idiot. I did mock his name. I did post the Dicken's Cider link. That was funny, and if I recall you almost "peed your pants" when you hit the link.

I did like your thread about how the pitching staff was shaping up.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Yes, I mocked the signing as did many people in here. Truth be told, i never heard of him. Like everyone else, I saw his numbers and laughed.

After his first two appearances with the Mets, I changed my tune and posted a thread saying it looks like our pitching staff is shaping up with Dickey and Taka leading the way. Many laughed at me but I stood by him. No one's laughing anymore.

What's your excuse?
    Yes, there is no more laughter after the Dickey's and Taka's most recent performances, and with many more like them not only will they not be laughing, they will be in tears.

( Yes, I AM proud of the way I just twisted that)
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Actually, I don't give myself enough credit. I posted this after his first start on May 25th:
    Yes, Wonderous One.

Only problem right now Nieve has given up eight HR's in something like 33 innings or so. Tak is very hittable, but hopefully he will work out the kinks before blowing more leads and games.

I like Parnell's maturity.

Still uncertain long term on Elmer. He's only had short stints of success. That's why he has bounced around.

But, I do love the way Dickey is pitching!!!
    We Need More Players Like Keith!!!!!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Ya know Magoo, if you want to get me for killing Omar, I'm guilty. Wrong. Dead wrong. I was one of his biggest detractors last year and he proved me wrong. No two ways about it. Omar made me look like a fool.

But damned, as wrong as I was about Omar that's as right as I was about Dickey. I don't mind admitting when I"m wrong but I'll be damned if I'm gonna allow someone to tell me I was wrong when I wasn't.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I don't need an excuse. I never mocked the signing. I never once said Omar is an idiot. I did mock his name. I did post the Dicken's Cider link. That was funny, and if I recall you almost "peed your pants" when you hit the link.

I did like your thread about how the pitching staff was shaping up.
    The Dicken's Cider link was a good one.

vCash
    this is mostly motivated by the fact that i want to keep this thread alive, but the guy outpitched Strasburg on national TV. think about that for a second.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    I like that this thread is being kept alive, and since it is, I add this new rule:

Whenever the name of Dickey is mentioned, in or out of the Church of Dickey, all posters shall drop to one knee and make the sign of the cross.

Amen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    this is mostly motivated by the fact that i want to keep this thread alive, but the guy outpitched Strasburg on national TV. think about that for a second.
    Just looking at this thread again. When I was listening to the game on WFAN, I thought to myself, when both Stras and Dickey had 3 k's, how awesome would it be if Dickey had more k's that Strausburg today? On national TV nonetheless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Dickey has a 137 tRA+ so far into the season.

May I please just exclaim, " What the **** ?! "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Dickey has a 137 tRA+ so far into the season.

May I please just exclaim, " What the **** ?! "

Hustla, will you be joining our congregation?

vCash
    I'm a Dickey convert. Can't say I was thrilled when he was signed and less thrilled when he was called up. But he has done enough to prove me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
    I'm a Dickey convert. Can't say I was thrilled when he was signed and less thrilled when he was called up. But he has done enough to prove me wrong.
    saywhat, will you be joining our congregation?

vCash
    Looking back at this thread is unbelievably entertaining. Way to go R.A. You proved us all really really wrong.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hustla23 View Post
    this is the mets answer to j.a. Happ. Let's hope r.a. Is the better of the two people who are called by their initials.

R.a. > j.a

let's go mets !
    lmao,

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast