Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 213
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    I guess Jerry believes in milestones only when it is someone elses milestone. Dickey should have been allowed to come out for the 9th.

    '

    His pitch count comments are also hypocritical.
    The thing with Dickey for the 9th had more to do with KRod getting a chance to pitch than Dickey's pitch count. KRod at the time hadn't worked in a few games so he wanted KRod to get a chance to work...

    That was the reason behind it

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    Posts
    13,391
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    The thing with Dickey for the 9th had more to do with KRod getting a chance to pitch than Dickey's pitch count. KRod at the time hadn't worked in a few games so he wanted KRod to get a chance to work...

    That was the reason behind it
    Just because you have a reason does not make it a good decision, he had reasons for Jacobs and GMJ getting the nods out of ST as well.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,272
    vCash
    1500
    Technically it is a good enough reason because you do not want KRod coming out there with dead arm in a crucial save situation. You have to keep the pen fresh so they don't get bombed like Nieve has been getting lately.

    Getting your CP work so he does not get dead arm is more important than a personal stat for Mr. Dickey

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    I guess Jerry believes in milestones only when it is someone elses milestone. Dickey should have been allowed to come out for the 9th.

    '

    His pitch count comments are also hypocritical.
    His comments are totally hypocritical, but not because of pulling Dickey. From the day he and Warthen took over, they both said they wouldn't use pitch counts and wanted their starters going deeper into games. Yet how many times did Santana get the hook with 100-110 pitches after going 7 or 8 innings.

    Jerry has cost Johan about 7-10 wins by doing this in two years as his Manager.

    Pulling Dickey, however was the right move to get KRod some work. A journeyman getting a shutout is not the same kind of milestone as someone pitching a no hitter. I'm okay with what Jerry did this time, but he and rosy cheeks are still hypocrites and habitual liars.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    Posts
    13,391
    vCash
    1500
    I have to respectfully disagree with you two. KRod can get work any day, I think milestones like the one Dickey had a chance to achieve are very important for role players.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    KRod hadn't pitched in 4 or 5 days, so the decision was made before game time that he was going to pitch that day. A complete game shutout would have felt good, but really has no historical impact like a no hitter. Taking Dickey out had nothing to do with pitch counts.

    Jerry has made a lot of bone headed managerial moves in the last two years. This just wasn't one of them.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    I guess Jerry believes in milestones only when it is someone elses milestone. Dickey should have been allowed to come out for the 9th.

    '

    His pitch count comments are also hypocritical.
    Magoo put it best: Manuel has made many boneheaded moves in his tenure as manager. This wasn't one of them.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Magoo put it best: Manuel has made many boneheaded moves in his tenure as manager. This wasn't one of them.
    Wow...you and I on the same page. Feels like it's been years since that happened.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Wow...you and I on the same page. Feels like it's been years since that happened.
    I know.

    What the heck has happened to you lately???
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I know.

    What the heck has happened to you lately???
    Me? What has happened to you?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Me? What has happened to you?
    LOL, moi?????? You're pointing a finger at a Bishop?

    Have you no shame, sir?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    LOL, moi?????? You're pointing a finger at a Bishop?

    Have you no shame, sir?
    A Bishop who crucified his savior (yeah, where has that happened before) 6 months ago...hmm...King takes Bishop.

    Check, and mate, sir.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    A Bishop who crucified his savior (yeah, where has that happened before) 6 months ago...hmm...King takes Bishop.

    Check, and mate, sir.
    Oh, that is soooo unfair when I was the first one in here to annoint him as a savior to begin with.

    You play a rigged game.

    King you say?

    Here King, Here King! Good boy!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Oh, that is soooo unfair when I was the first one in here to annoint him as a savior to begin with.

    You play a rigged game.

    King you say?

    Here King, Here King! Good boy!
    You only annointed him when he pleased you. You crucified him (and Omar) when he was signed.

    Oh, and do you have beggin strips?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    You only announted him when he pleased you. You crucified him (and Omar) when he was signed.

    Oh, and do you have beggin strips?
    Yes, I mocked the signing as did many people in here. Truth be told, i never heard of him. Like everyone else, I saw his numbers and laughed.

    After his first two appearances with the Mets, I changed my tune and posted a thread saying it looks like our pitching staff is shaping up with Dickey and Taka leading the way. Many laughed at me but I stood by him. No one's laughing anymore.

    What's your excuse?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •