Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    How many members will have their faith tested when Dickey loses is first game?

But knowing how shrewd the pastor is, he'll ask you to dig deeper for the Sunday collection.
    Nope, no Sunday collection in this Church my good man. As for the loyalty of the faith of some of our members, I too have pondered that question.

That said:

The C of D does not believe Robert Alan is the Resurrection of Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson, Charles "Old Hoss" Radbourne, or even Robin Roberts.

The C of D does believe that Robert Alan will be a reliable pitcher throughout the year, at least as reliable as anyone they could trade for, and someone to count on in the year(s) ahead. This is not to say that the C of D wants the Mets to eschew all efforts to obtain another starting pitcher. To the contrary, another starting pitcher will enable the Mets to place Takahashi, a very good friend of the C of D, in the bullpen to deepen the entire pitching staff.

That my friend would be Heaven on Earth.

But Robert Alan must remain in the rotation.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 06-24-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You can't claim luck when the guy spend a couple of years trying to sign him. Obviously Minaya saw potential in him that he wanted to take a chance on him as he has with numerous other rethread guys. Is no longer luck when you have a habit of doing this type of thing.
    This isn't like other times because those guys have past history's of success.

Fernando Tatis
    Jose Valentine

Just to name a couple. He came out of college and lost velocity every year on his fastball and was no loner a serviceable pitcher and spent 12 years figuring it out. There was no try out with us or nothing positive to base his judgment off of to make this a "potential" signing like his other hidden gems. I would give it to you if this guy had any good season before us.The man was drafted in 1996 and has played in over 30 games 3 times. I am not hating on anyone or trying to knock anything about the signing, but to tell me there was some talent involved in signing this guy is complete BS. He was signed to fill a roster spot and was not in anyway shape or form thought of to be making starts for the major league team and be this good.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You can't claim luck when the guy spend a couple of years trying to sign him. Obviously Minaya saw potential in him that he wanted to take a chance on him as he has with numerous other rethread guys. Is no longer luck when you have a habit of doing this type of thing.
    Minaya does not keep retreads around that do not perform so if he signed him when he first wanted he could have already been DFA'ed and performing for someone else.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    What's the genesis of all this anyway? If Minaya wanted to sign Dickey years ago when he had zero to no value, what was the holdup?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    What's the genesis of all this anyway? If Minaya wanted to sign Dickey years ago when he had zero to no value, what was the holdup?
    Dickey knew he had a congregation waiting and that he wasn't yet ready to lead them.

I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    Dickey knew he had a congregation waiting and that he wasn't yet ready to lead them.
    A congregation that still lacks at least one member my lost son.

vCash
    A congregation that still lacks at least one member my lost son.
    Like Jeremiah Johnson, alone in the wilderness seems to be my path.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    Like Jeremiah Johnson, alone in the wilderness seems to be my path.
    May you find peace in your journey my son. But please know that you are always welcome in the C of D should your path ever lead to our Church.

vCash
    Who woulda thunk it, RA Dicky SAVING our season!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    This isn't like other times because those guys have past history's of success.

Fernando Tatis
    Jose Valentine

Just to name a couple. He came out of college and lost velocity every year on his fastball and was no loner a serviceable pitcher and spent 12 years figuring it out. There was no try out with us or nothing positive to base his judgment off of to make this a "potential" signing like his other hidden gems. I would give it to you if this guy had any good season before us.The man was drafted in 1996 and has played in over 30 games 3 times. I am not hating on anyone or trying to knock anything about the signing, but to tell me there was some talent involved in signing this guy is complete BS. He was signed to fill a roster spot and was not in anyway shape or form thought of to be making starts for the major league team and be this good.
    He was signed as a Knuckleball pitcher. To add depth in the case that they needed a pitcher. And guess what, they needed that depth, as most teams do every year.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    "Hey PSD posters....tell me how my ***** tastes!" - R.A. Dickey

Hahaha

vCash
    "Hey PSD posters....tell me how my ***** tastes!" - R.A. Dickey

Hahaha

vCash
    Nope, no Sunday collection in this Church my good man. As for the loyalty of the faith of some of our members, I too have pondered that question.

That said:

The C of D does not believe Robert Alan is the Resurrection of Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson, Charles "Old Hoss" Radbourne, or even Robin Roberts.

The C of D does believe that Robert Alan will be a reliable pitcher throughout the year, at least as reliable as anyone they could trade for, and someone to count on in the year(s) ahead. This is not to say that the C of D wants the Mets to eschew all efforts to obtain another starting pitcher. To the contrary, another starting pitcher will enable the Mets to place Takahashi, a very good friend of the C of D, in the bullpen to deepen the entire pitching staff.

That my friend would be Heaven on Earth.

But Robert Alan must remain in the rotation.
    You would think you would name the great knuckleball pitchers of the past as opposed to "just" great pitchers. Like, Hoyt Wilheim, The Niekro Brothers and Charlie Hough. As a convert, you truly haven't embraced the history and belief of a knuckleballer.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    May you find peace in your journey my son. But please know that you are always welcome in the C of D should your path ever lead to our Church.
    Well, New Jersey born Johnson did venture out of the wilderness eventually, so who knows.

vCash
    Like I keep saying, if you guys truly believe that RA is a flash in the pan, that's fine. But at least embrace the fact that he has won us 6 games so far, and has solidified the rotation. You don't have to believe that he will keep this up, but what he's done so far will be very important down the road this season. Those 6 wins may mean the playoffs or going home. And he isn't stopping at 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast