Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    dickey is onlu arbitration eligable so if we want to keep him it won't be hard. he's 35, but doesn't have much major league service time.
    THE APRIL 8TH CONCERT AT THE CRAZY DONKEY COMPLETLEY SOLD OUT. AN EXTREMELY SUCCESFUL FUNDRAISER FOR SPINAL AWARENESS I TRULY THANK ANYONE WHO DONATED OR EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM THE EVENT http://asyouwishphoto.smugmug.com/Ev...107_3vuWw-A-LB

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uapeople View Post
    dickey is onlu arbitration eligable so if we want to keep him it won't be hard. he's 35, but doesn't have much major league service time.
    Yup! He's been lights out....Sign him.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbsmets View Post
    Funny that the Pope of the Church of Dickey hammered Omar for the signing.

Amuses me to no end.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me.
    I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now I see.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    It's hilarious to read the early posts on here that were bashing the Mets and Omar for signing Dickey and now look! Just goes to show you never know! I say we lock him up cheap for 2-3 years.

vCash
    I know he has been more then amazing for us, but this is in no way a case where Omar Minaya saw anything in this guy. We can also can assume there was no chance he thought he would be pitching in the rotation this year. This was just to will a roster spot and we happened to get lucky as hell he has performed this well for us. No past history of being good and he spent 12 years trying to figure it out. I don't think we need to be handing out any special awards for being lucky as hell.

With that said I am more then thank full that we found a hidden gem in the FA market and turned that into 6 wins.

vCash
    The unsuspected ace. Ghost of Rick Reed.

vCash
    I think we should sign Hideki Irabu too see if we can srike gold with him

Last year he had a 5-3 record in 10 starts, with an ERA of 3.58. In 65 innings he struck out 66 batters while walking just 19.

That's are new set up men!!!!

vCash
    I say bring back Chuck McElroy....

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I know he has been more then amazing for us, but this is in no way a case where Omar Minaya saw anything in this guy. We can also can assume there was no chance he thought he would be pitching in the rotation this year. This was just to will a roster spot and we happened to get lucky as hell he has performed this well for us. No past history of being good and he spent 12 years trying to figure it out. I don't think we need to be handing out any special awards for being lucky as hell.

With that said I am more then thank full that we found a hidden gem in the FA market and turned that into 6 wins.
    You can't claim luck when the guy spend a couple of years trying to sign him. Obviously Minaya saw potential in him that he wanted to take a chance on him as he has with numerous other rethread guys. Is no longer luck when you have a habit of doing this type of thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You can't claim luck when the guy spend a couple of years trying to sign him. Obviously Minaya saw potential in him that he wanted to take a chance on him as he has with numerous other rethread guys. Is no longer luck when you have a habit of doing this type of thing.
    This is true. Every year he seems to find a diamond in the rough. Last year it was Omir, 2008 it was Tatis, 2006 Jose Valentine..

This might be his best trait as a GM.
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    It's hilarious to read the early posts on here that were bashing the Mets and Omar for signing Dickey and now look! Just goes to show you never know! I say we lock him up cheap for 2-3 years.
    Gideon, are you considering joining the fold?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    RA is not a free agent, he is technically locked up in the form of the arbitration process.

vCash
    How many members will have their faith tested when Dickey loses is first game?

But knowing how shrewd the pastor is, he'll ask you to dig deeper for the Sunday collection.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Not me.

I'm in with Dickey for the long haul.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post

But knowing how shrewd the pastor is, he'll ask you to dig deeper for the Sunday collection.
    Give me a hallelujah!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast