Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I liked the signing because all I knew about the guy was his 7 inning shutout against us w/ the Mariners.

Every game it seems like thats the guy we got.
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I did not think much of the deal, but I did not go crazy either. Patience is something I learned to have as a Met fan.
    No one did. But what I find amusing is how many fans are still clinging to his past instead of allowing the fact that he might be the real deal.

While he was in the midst of reeling off these 6 in a row, how many people posted that we really can't count on Dickey because nothing in his career history indicates that he will be reliable?

When a pitcher radically changes course by learning a knuckleball, attention must be paid when he begins to achieve consistent success, even after a few years of mediocrity.

He's the real deal.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    This thread will mark the end of Dickey's run of success with the Mets. Mark my words.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No one did. But what I find amusing is how many fans are still clinging to his past instead of allowing the fact that he might be the real deal.

While he was in the midst of reeling off these 6 in a row, how many people posted that we really can't count on Dickey because nothing in his career history indicates that he will be reliable?

When a pitcher radically changes course by learning a knuckleball, attention must be paid when he begins to achieve consistent success, even after a few years of mediocrity.

He's the real deal.
    The thing is that is not like this is the 1st year of him throwing the Knckleball, its his 4th year but this is the 1st year he is having this kind of success so lets not get to crazy happy either.

I seen this movie before, and I just like to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbsmets View Post
    I would never hammer any depth move. Sometimes you catch lightning in a bottle.
    I wasn't hammering the depth move, I was hammering the fact that I was over Omar not going after a guy to be in the starting rotation for the Mets, not the Bisons.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

He's the real deal.
    Sign me up for church!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The thing is that is not like this is the 1st year of him throwing the Knckleball, its his 4th year but this is the 1st year he is having this kind of success so lets not get to crazy happy either.

I seen this movie before, and I just like to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    Takes a while to master the knuckleball. Makes perfect sense that he's having more success with it now than he had in prior years. It's a learn-as-you-go concept.

I'd be more inclined to agree with the flash-in-the-pan scenario had these last 7 games not been a continuation of what he did in Buffalo prior to being called up.

Clearly he's got something.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Sign me up for church!!!
    Welcome Brother Stoic!

vCash
    What I love about Dickey's knuckleball is how hard he throws it.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    What I love about Dickey's knuckleball is how hard he throws it.
    It's what makes him unique.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Wang is having a hard time out there, it seems like the Phillies are having an easy time laying off his balls. Wang took a line drive earlier off Howard's long wooden bat, and now he is telling the medical staff that he is feeling some throbbing sensations. It might be time to take Wang out before anything happens that might be regrettable in the future. Simply put, the Phillies have been beating Wang tonight since the first inning, and they have no intention to stop the beating. Fortunately, the Mets do have a more difficult to beat Dicky, because he is softer than Wang. Dicky should be providing the Phillies with a different style of balls. Dicky will be using his soft balls to confuse the Phillies after they encountered Wang's hard balls.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    lets make a pledge to always keep this thread alive.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    dickeys post game remarks were awesome ... he wanted to go back out for the 9th but he said "if keeping frankie sharp helps us win ball games then im all for that"

awesome. professional through and through thus far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    This thread will mark the end of Dickey's run of success with the Mets. Mark my words.
    SJ, people have been predicting the Downfall of Dickey for weeks now. Those naysayers, they know not what they say!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joe! View Post
    dickeys post game remarks were awesome ... he wanted to go back out for the 9th but he said "if keeping frankie sharp helps us win ball games then im all for that"

awesome. professional through and through thus far.
    How can you not love this guy!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast