• Nnamdi Asomugha

32 72.73%
  • Darell Revis

12 27.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    1. How is Revis overhyped?

2. When was the last time ya'll made the playoffs?

3. When QBs do throw Aso's way they have success. You dont believe me, just look it up
    I personally do not think that Revis is overhyped. He is a very good defensive back, but that being said, I do think that Nnamdi is a better overall corner. He can shut down in the coverage and he is GREAT at run support, especially for a corner back. QBs really do not throw is way either, just from watching the games I know this, and I understand you not watching the games, your a Jets fan, you watch all their games, so that's all good. When he has gotten beat, a lot of it has to do with the safeties not covering over top and getting to their point way late, which isn't really his fault. Also, I think Nnamdi is exceptional, especially for the defense he has to play in with not too much zone and a lot of man to man (having to be on an island EVERY play). That being said, I do not know the Jets defensive scheme, so I can't compare them at this aspect of the game.
    Last time we were in the playoffs, we hammered your Pennington Cinderella team 30-10. Yeah it's been a while since we've been there, but at least we've done some things since Super Bowl III in 1969
    Last edited by QRaiderFan4life; 12-21-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

AgrĂ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QRaiderFan4life View Post
    I personally do not think that Revis is overhyped. He is a very good defensive back, but that being said, I do think that Nnamdi is a better overall corner. He can shut down in the coverage and he is GREAT at run support, especially for a corner back. QBs really do not throw is way either, just from watching the games I know this, and I understand you not watching the games, your a Jets fan, you watch all their games, so that's all good. When he has gotten beat, a lot of it has to do with the safeties not covering over top and getting to their point way late, which isn't really his fault. Also, I think Nnamdi is exceptional, especially for the defense he has to play in with not too much zone and a lot of man to man (having to be on an island EVERY play). That being said, I do not know the Jets defensive scheme, so I can't compare them at this aspect of the game.
    Last time we were in the playoffs, we hammered your Pennington Cinderella team 30-10. Yeah it's been a while since we've been there, but at least we've done some things since Super Bowl III in 1969
    I think we can both agree that was light years ago lol, and yea that has been a long time, but we're not comparing teams, its the corners. I made that statement at the guy who said we choked on the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    I think we can both agree that was light years ago lol, and yea that has been a long time, but we're not comparing teams, its the corners. I made that statement at the guy who said we choked on the playoffs.
    Alrighty fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

vCash
    Nnamdi hands down is the best putting revis is the same sentence is disrespect revis is good but not in the same place as aso like my other raider brother stated manning and wayne will burn your secondary!!!

vCash
    Nnamdi Hands down!

vCash
    Teams have only thrown to nnamdi's side 26 times in 14 games. The broncos didnt throw it to aso's side and he still had 2 tackles in the backfield. Here is what McDaniel had to say about nnamdi:
    Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall is fresh from catching an NFL-record 21 passes against the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday. As a result, Asomugha likely will go wherever Marshall lines up this Sunday.

"It wouldn't surprise me," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "He's probably at the top of his field. So, if that's what they choose to do, then that's fine, and we'll see how that goes."

Asomugha typically sticks to the right side of the field, though he has moved around from time to time this season.

"He's a great player, and any time you got a great player you want to try to allow him to be comfortable and play his game," McDaniels said. "There's only been 26 passes thrown at him in 13 games, which is a tribute to what everyone thinks of him."

vCash
    Nnamdi was introduced to Archie manning as the best CB in the league by his son Peyton Manning

vCash
    Revis in my mind is the second best overall CB in the league. Bailey and Asante Samuel don't even come close. Bailey got beat late in the stretch, he got beat by our rookie. Samuel gives up a lot of big plays. Imagine Asomugha and Revis on the same team.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders#1 Scout View Post
    Teams have only thrown to nnamdi's side 26 times in 14 games. The broncos didnt throw it to aso's side and he still had 2 tackles in the backfield. Here is what McDaniel had to say about nnamdi:
    Yup you're right, Aso has allowed 21 catches on those attempts.. Revis has been thrown at 91 times and has only allowed 35 catches.. People have thrown at Revis a lot more, but with MUCH less success..

They're both great CB's, i'm a Jets fan so i think Revis is the best.. There's compelling arguments for both of them..

The QB rating for balls thrown in Revis' direction is an NFL best 30.9, while Revis only allows 38.5% of balls his way to be caught.. He has allowed 2 tds and has 19+ passes defensed (depending on where you get your stats)

I don't think you can say either player is hands down better, its very close.. All i know is Revis will be a probowl starter and a 1st team all-pro this year.

vCash
    Aso. No question. Why? Have you seen any Raiders games? I've seen Jets games, and i notice alot of zone. Safety help, and alot of pressure on the QB via blitz. .

Now, Raider games, if you guys don't know, are played how AL wants them to be played. Just like the old days. ONLY man coverage, safeties covering backs and TE's, and only a sprinkle of blitzes. Nothing else. Our CB's have SO much responsibility it's not even funny. Nnamdi and Johnson never get saftey help on top, if they're dealing with a receiver thats faster than them, well, good luck because that won't change anything. Do you wonder why Hall failed here? Because when man coverage is played, all flaws are out in the open for everyone to see.

Let me make this simple. If Nnamdi were on the Jets, he would BE God. These threads would never have to exist, there would be no question about it even to the most arguementative fan.

Now lets reverse it. If Revis would be on the Raiders, yea, he wouldnt be an epic failure like Hall, BUT, there's no doubt that he wouldnt be having ANYWHERE as good a yr as he's having with the Jets. He would just be another CB whose side is passed to more than Aso's, because Aso is the most feared CB in the league.

vCash
    Nnamdi Awesome-ugha!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    [QUOTE=MVMarauder;11761282]Nnamdi was introduced to Archie manning as the best CB in the league by his son Peyton Manning[/QUOTE]

ENOUGH SAID!!!

i saw that, if Peyton Manning thinks it, thats good enough for me.

vCash

vCash
    Revis is a beast, but Nnamdi is just something else. imagine how good Revis will be in a few years....
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Aso. No question. Why? Have you seen any Raiders games? I've seen Jets games, and i notice alot of zone. Safety help, and alot of pressure on the QB via blitz. .

Now, Raider games, if you guys don't know, are played how AL wants them to be played. Just like the old days. ONLY man coverage, safeties covering backs and TE's, and only a sprinkle of blitzes. Nothing else. Our CB's have SO much responsibility it's not even funny. Nnamdi and Johnson never get saftey help on top, if they're dealing with a receiver thats faster than them, well, good luck because that won't change anything. Do you wonder why Hall failed here? Because when man coverage is played, all flaws are out in the open for everyone to see.

Let me make this simple. If Nnamdi were on the Jets, he would BE God. These threads would never have to exist, there would be no question about it even to the most arguementative fan.

Now lets reverse it. If Revis would be on the Raiders, yea, he wouldnt be an epic failure like Hall, BUT, there's no doubt that he wouldnt be having ANYWHERE as good a yr as he's having with the Jets. He would just be another CB whose side is passed to more than Aso's, because Aso is the most feared CB in the league.
    Very well put, i totally agree with this post. Revis has a better overall defense around him, also these are two different defensive schemes. Nnamdi is on another level compared to CB's in the league. But i would argue that agaisnt the Texans last year in Oakland they had a safety over the top to gaurd Andre which most teams do since the Texans dont really have a good WR core, all the emphasis is put on Andre to produce. And Jets fans dont be ashamed i would kill to have Revis on the Texans hes just 2nd overall in the league in front of another great CB Woodson from the packers.

I’m high up in the satellite, crawlin’ like a baby
    Maneuverin’ thro the traffic like I’m Tracy McGrady
    Still choppin’ on ‘em buttons, I’m struttin’ and lookin’ fresh
    Switch hittin’ like Berkman, this is ballin’ at its best

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast