Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hgtiger32 View Post
    Kampman is a great DE in a 4-3 defense. However, even before his injury it was clear that Kampman's future in GB was in jepordy. So as a Packers fan I was wondering if your team would be willing to trade for Kampman?

Some possible teams that could be interested in Kampman: Vikings, Rams, Eagles? just some ideas

Would you give up a 2nd round pick?

Thoughts...
    I dont think he starts over Edwards (underrated) and obviously not Allen.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    They won't franchise him, I think he'll be out half of next year, no way GB pays him top five money to rehab and no way anyone would trade for a player to rehab...

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Here's a deal that me and hughest4 worked out in the NFL Mock Offseason last year. I think its a pretty good deal for both teams:

Panthers Send:
    Julius Peppers

Packers Send:
    Aaron Kampman
    James Jones
    3rd Round Pick
    First off Ted Thompson would never agree to this. Why? Because he would be giving up a beloved draft pick and not get one back. Second, that is just too much for Pepper IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JDink24 View Post
    Why the ******* would you waste your franchise tag on someone then trade him? Plus you wouldn’t get hardly anything for him because everyone in the league knows your trying to trade him so his value plummets.
    Well...because its been done before. See Corey Williams, Matt Cassell, etc. Teams have until the middle of February to decide to franchise players. I would think this would be ample time to check on Kampy's progression through rehab and help determine if he will be franchised or not.

The problem is that if a new CBA is agreed upon, that will take a huge chunk out of Green Bay's salary cap and guys like Johnny Jolly and NIck Collins will be owed extensions.

Let me ask you this: how does a players value plummet because of being franchised? So what if everyone knows you're trying to trade the player. If they know that, chances are the value rises if there are enough competitors. The only thing that hurts Kampman's value in this situation is the injury. If he had stayed healthy his value wouldnt have "plummeted" at all.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Shawn Andrews and Reggie Brown for Kampmen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDink24 View Post
    Why the ******* would you waste your franchise tag on someone then trade him? Plus you wouldn’t get hardly anything for him because everyone in the league knows your trying to trade him so his value plummets.
    its not a watse. he the big free agent the packers have. if they didn't use on him, they might no use it at all. and anything you get back i better than nothing.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    If im the packers, im more worried about getting nick collins and bigby signed before the giants show them the pay day.

GIANTS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Here's a deal that me and hughest4 worked out in the NFL Mock Offseason last year. I think its a pretty good deal for both teams:

Panthers Send:
    Julius Peppers

Packers Send:
    Aaron Kampman
    James Jones
    3rd Round Pick
    I forgot about the Mock Offseason.

My 3-4 defense was pretty legit. Too bad .Sean had some unreal team.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    3rd

"I will do anything to win" - Al Davis

vCash
    If the Pats switch to a 4-3 I would love to get Kampman but I doubt it happens
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Aside from the fact that he is a FA, I would give up nothing considering Miami has Randy Starks, Phillip Merling, Kendall Langford and Jason Taylor.

JT is a better 4-3 DE than Kampman and he is also a better 3-4 OLB than Kampman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The12thManOnD View Post
    If im the packers, im more worried about getting nick collins and bigby signed before the giants show them the pay day.
    be my guest, hell fit in nicely there with aaron rouse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1265LombardiAve View Post
    be my guest, hell fit in nicely there with aaron rouse
    Loool. I got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12