Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    2,132
    vCash
    1500

    Joshua Cribbs Vs Devin Hester

    What Cribbs has accomplished is nothing short of amazing. and browns fans i believe we have been in the same boat where the only good thing about our teams was our special teams and dynamic returners. I'm a little jelous that Cribbs is within 1 TD away from tying Hester for KR/PR combined. You guys are smart to keep Cribbs as a special teams player.

    I think Hester has made strides at becoming a solid wr, regardless of what others feel but i don't think it was worth sacraficing his returning skills because he was more than solid at returning, I felt he was the best ever at the rate he was going in 06, 07. What do you all think about Hester in comparison with Cribbs and what the Bears are doing with hester now?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFm4g1G03Q

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWwABanmkYc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQYuX2GhwE

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq1Wjg34LQg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukq_gLFQxZQ

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imuBjsZRT00

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQAZCipp4I
    Last edited by xxxplicit69; 12-21-2009 at 06:28 AM.
    Here's a to our starting SG. Way to go Thibs, what a great decision to go with him over TMac.... By the way, how much you want to bet he missed this shot?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,674
    vCash
    1500
    I'd say for a shortened period of time, Devin Hester was the scariest and most electrifying Returner...

    Consider in 2006-2007 he returned an incredible 11 Kick and Punt Returns back for TDs!

    However for longevity and consistency Cribbs is probably a safer pick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    727
    vCash
    1500
    Everytime I see Cribbs I ask the same question....

    When is he a free agent ????

    Come to New England Joshua!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    273
    vCash
    1500
    Well if you compare their 2 greatest seasons, it's Hester no doubt. Dude changed the special team plans. Single handedly won the Bears 2 or 3 games just based on his returns.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Give me Devin Hester.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,436
    vCash
    1500
    You also may forget Devin Hester has a missed field goal returned for a TD. The opening kickoff of the Super Bowl for a touchdown added to his resume.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HesterTrain View Post
    You also may forget Devin Hester has a missed field goal returned for a TD. The opening kickoff of the Super Bowl for a touchdown added to his resume.
    And that is the first ever... Also, at one point, didn't Hester have the longest play in history under his belt?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    2,269
    vCash
    0
    Hester is a lot like Dante Hall. Great return man that is handicapped by people not kicking to him with below average talent at WR. Cribbs is the better talent, and is a freak of nature when he has the ball in his hands. Even the way he ran the wildcat against the Steelers it seemed as though every time he touched the ball he was a step or two from taking it the distance. I'd like to see him lineup more at WR though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Hester is a lot like Dante Hall. Great return man that is handicapped by people not kicking to him with below average talent at WR. Cribbs is the better talent, and is a freak of nature when he has the ball in his hands. Even the way he ran the wildcat against the Steelers it seemed as though every time he touched the ball he was a step or two from taking it the distance. I'd like to see him lineup more at WR though.
    I actually liked Dante Hall at WR, he was just never utilised properly. As for Hester, he was originally a Cornerback, and 4th string one at that, which is why he was so great at returning because the Bears built around that and it was all Hester had to focus on. But due to the Bears lack of a playmaker and Hester's ability to score from anywhere on the field, why not give him a shot at WR? sure it hasn't worked, but Hester doesn't exactly have a good supporting cast.

    The Bears need to work on their O-Line and get a True #1 Wr so that Hester can shine - much like Ted Ginn in Miami.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Hester is a lot like Dante Hall. Great return man that is handicapped by people not kicking to him with below average talent at WR. Cribbs is the better talent, and is a freak of nature when he has the ball in his hands. Even the way he ran the wildcat against the Steelers it seemed as though every time he touched the ball he was a step or two from taking it the distance. I'd like to see him lineup more at WR though.
    Hester has already done much more offensively in a season than both cribbs and hall ever have.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    2,132
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I actually liked Dante Hall at WR, he was just never utilised properly. As for Hester, he was originally a Cornerback, and 4th string one at that, which is why he was so great at returning because the Bears built around that and it was all Hester had to focus on. But due to the Bears lack of a playmaker and Hester's ability to score from anywhere on the field, why not give him a shot at WR? sure it hasn't worked, but Hester doesn't exactly have a good supporting cast.

    The Bears need to work on their O-Line and get a True #1 Wr so that Hester can shine - much like Ted Ginn in Miami.
    great insight, i really respect this post.

    hey why was my thread moved, it wasnt a negative thread......
    Here's a to our starting SG. Way to go Thibs, what a great decision to go with him over TMac.... By the way, how much you want to bet he missed this shot?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,287
    vCash
    1500
    Hester would have been better/

    The End is Coming.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxplicit69 View Post
    great insight, i really respect this post.

    hey why was my thread moved, it wasnt a negative thread......
    It was moved because its a comparison thread.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York/Florida
    Posts
    28,161
    vCash
    1500
    Cribbs is good no doubt but I'll take Hester
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    5,357
    vCash
    1500
    For some reason Hester doesn't return kickoffs anymore. WTF are the Bears thinking??? But I choose Hester because hes not only faster but I believe he holds some ret. records.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •