Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What is wrong with Steve Mason?

Being from NJ, i only get to see Blue Jackets games from time to time.

Last year, Mason was incredible. Obviously he is young and has all of the skills to be great, but is there a reason behind his extremely slow start?

Is the defense to blame, or is it just bad goal tending?
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    I personally think he has just gotten a big head. He needs to be pulled for a few games and forced to earn his spot. A bit of an attitude adjustment.

But on the other hand, the other teams have learned his weaknesses. Long story short he needs to step it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigL View Post
    I personally think he has just gotten a big head. He needs to be pulled for a few games and forced to earn his spot. A bit of an attitude adjustment.

But on the other hand, the other teams have learned his weaknesses. Long story short he needs to step it up.
    Well, he has seen the bench a lot this year thanks to some solid play by Garon.

Hopefully he figures it out. So young and talented.

Welcome to the site. Big Jackets fan?

vCash
    Huge Jackets fan.

After the discraceful display that Mason just had against the Avs, I am convinced that he needs to sit it out.

Giving up 4 goals in the first 8 minutes c'mon! One of those was right off the faceoff on a one-on-one break. The whole team looked like crap tonight, but Mason really took the cake.

What happened to the Mason we had last season?

vCash
    Huge Jackets fan.

After the discraceful display that Mason just had against the Avs, I am convinced that he needs to sit it out.

Giving up 4 goals in the first 8 minutes c'mon! One of those was right off the faceoff on a one-on-one break. The whole team looked like crap tonight, but Mason really took the cake.

What happened to the Mason we had last season?
    I wish i knew...

What i do know is that last season wasn't a fluke. A 20 year old doesn't come into the league and post 10 shutouts in only 60 games on accident. He has all the ability in the world, just need to figure out how to get it out of him. I just hope whatever the problem is, he figures it out...fast.

I'm just starting to post in the NHL forums, so hopefully i see you around. I know this isn't the most active forum, but maybe we can get it going.

vCash
    I completely agree that it wasnt a fluke, but it just can't go on like this. Mason is one of my favorite players, and i would hate to see him leave the Jackets just because he is in a slump. He's just gotta pull it together.

I would love to see it get going, i love talking blue Jackets. There never can be enough blue jackets forums

vCash
    I completely agree that it wasnt a fluke, but it just can't go on like this. Mason is one of my favorite players, and i would hate to see him leave the Jackets just because he is in a slump. He's just gotta pull it together.

I would love to see it get going, i love talking blue Jackets. There never can be enough blue jackets forums
    I can't imagine him leaving the Jackets. The kid is 21 years old. I think it will take a lot more then a bad 1/3 of a season to give up on the future.

Yeah that would be great. Its going to need your help. You seem very knowledgeable. I wish i could see them play more, the only times are do is when they play the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders.

vCash
    I agree that it would be a bit drastic. I really doubt that they will axe him. Unless he doesnt get it turned around. A more realistic thought would be perhaps sending him to Syracuse until he is ready to play with the big dogs.

So far i have'nt missed a game this season. I plan on being here a while. I am just now branching into the forum scene.

vCash
    I agree that it would be a bit drastic. I really doubt that they will axe him. Unless he doesnt get it turned around. A more realistic thought would be perhaps sending him to Syracuse until he is ready to play with the big dogs.

So far i have'nt missed a game this season. I plan on being here a while. I am just now branching into the forum scene.
    I agree, that would be the smarter decision.

Sounds good. Forums are great to talk sports when you have nothing better to do late at night.

vCash
    Well they are going to let Garon start tonight and start whoever is playing well...Maybe this will light some fire under his *** and will inspire him to get his starting job back..Fleury struggled early in his career, franchise goalies take a bit to fully develop..

I think he will rebound,

good luck Jackets fans, my dad went to OSU so I have been to a couple blue jackets games, too bad we are in different conferences...