Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Starlin Castro

vCash

Starlin Castro

What do you guys think of him? We Cubs fans are very high on him but we've been wrong on our guys in the past .. very wrong in fact. So I was curious as to what fans of other teams think of him.

vCash
    he obviously has talent and a guy his age and size hitting an oppo should is impressive.

however don't draw big expectations off a game. my guess is that he'll be a keeper.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!

vCash
    Stud.

He's another of those guys who just continues to get better at a rapid pace. I was very impressed with him last year in the FSL, but was still a bit surprised when he started to get ranked in the top 30 overall. I thought he was good, but not quite that good yet. But apparently, he had been even more impressive in AA and then the AFL. He was already better even than what I had seen.

Seeing him now in MLB, it's pretty impressive him much progress he has made in that short period of time. The guy is going to be a good one. No doubt.

vCash
    Castro scares me a little as a Cards fan, but even despite his numbers thus far, I'm a little worried that he's up to soon. That's a tough adjustment for a 20 year old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkWild View Post
    Castro scares me a little as a Cards fan, but even despite his numbers thus far, I'm a little worried that he's up to soon. That's a tough adjustment for a 20 year old.
    Elvis Andrus came up at 20 and look at him now. Hitting just a shade under .300, an OBP of about .415 and everybody knows about his defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Elvis Andrus came up at 20 and look at him now. Hitting just a shade under .300, an OBP of about .415 and everybody knows about his defense.
    And even with that OBP he's still just OPS'ing .758.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Yep, although with Castro it might be the other way around. IMO Castro's bat is a lot more mature than his D

Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    And even with that OBP he's still just OPS'ing .758.
    A 415 OBP with outstanding defense is still really, really, valuable
    Thanks JO-MO