Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Did the Lions make the correct pick?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Matt Stafford

72 72.00%
  • No, Mark Sanchez

10 10.00%
  • No, Jason Smith

5 5.00%
  • No, Other

13 13.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    Stafford was the right pick at #1 BUT at #20 I still feel they should have taken Michael Oher... Pass up a potential LT or a very good RT option for a TE? Pettigrew is going to be a good TE probably but Oher would've been a legit LT for them I think.
    This is exactly what i was going to write. I was reading through the forum to make sure no one else said it. haha. Lions should've taken Oher in a heartbeat. When he was available, i thought it was a no brainer. Guess it wasn't.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 23 | Yards: 351 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 15.3

vCash
    Yes, Stafford was the correct pick. If anything he has displayed some nice toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    They should've drafted Aaron Curry.
    Hasn't Curry been a dissapointment?
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    As far as quarterbacks go, they made the right choice with Stafford. However, I believe that it is better to build a football team from the lines outward, so I think that drafting a Michael Oher or a good defensive player might have been the right choice. By the time that Stafford would be reaching his prime, there is the possibility that he will have lost a lot of confidence from a couple of years playing with a mediocre line and defense.

The Jets team seemed close enough to being complete that a quarterback in the first round made more sense. At the beginning of the season they were projected to have a great defense, great offensive line, and pretty good receivers and runningbacks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345