Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Did the Lions make the correct pick?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Matt Stafford

72 72.00%
  • No, Mark Sanchez

10 10.00%
  • No, Jason Smith

5 5.00%
  • No, Other

13 13.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrackar View Post
    Did you just make this up????................... When Braylon dropped that wide open probly 70 yd TD, sanchez ran and gave him a hug, and patted him on the pack. I read a lot of jet ****, so if you have any evidence actually supporting your claim, please share...... Sanchez since the day we drafted has been a class act and said all the right things, the only time the media got on him, was when he read from a sheet of paper, did the GQ (before the season started), and lost games.
    and ate the hot dog lol

vCash
    Did you just make this up????................... When Braylon dropped that wide open probly 70 yd TD, sanchez ran and gave him a hug, and patted him on the back. I read a lot of jet ****, so if you have any evidence actually supporting your claim, please share...... Sanchez since the day we drafted has been a class act and said all the right things, the only time the media got on him, was when he read from a sheet of paper, did the GQ (before the season started), and lost games.
    i saw it in a game week 5 or 6

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    Stafford was the right pick at #1 BUT at #20 I still feel they should have taken Michael Oher... Pass up a potential LT or a very good RT option for a TE? Pettigrew is going to be a good TE probably but Oher would've been a legit LT for them I think.
    we couldn’t draft a OT because we had and still do have to much invested in the OT position

Backus had 3 years left and Cherilus had 5 years at the time

so we wont be going there this year either.. i do think we will go G hope fully Mike Iupati.. that really are bigger problem in the last 8 years we have had 15 or 16(losing track) LG

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Stanford has been very solid. I hope he doesnt end up being a bust. Im sick and tired of seeing the Lions get their ***** whipped all the damn time

vCash
    I think Stafford will prove to be the right choice.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    he was the best qb coming out of college and they rotated culpepper and stanton the prior year going 0-16...yes they made the right pick. What else could they have done? It is senseless to use hindsight in situations like this, because it is so easy to say for example that they year Tom Brady was drafted every team made the wrong pick.

As for the Stafford V. Sanchez debate I think it is silly to begin with becasue they are rookie but how do those stats possibly tell who the better QB is?

Stafford has 2 more td's and 3 more pics in less games.

Sanchez has a better QB rating

Stafford has been sacked only 2 more times for those that think his oline is so much worse than the Jets, and they are both equally as mobile.

one was the 1st pick and went to a team with no expectations, one was the 5th pick and had higher expectations than any qb coming in the last few years.

was it the right pick?

Bottom line...it is too early to tell and even if you wanted to use stats they dont lean towards one player being at all better than the other

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    he was the best qb coming out of college and they rotated culpepper and stanton the prior year going 0-16...yes they made the right pick. What else could they have done? It is senseless to use hindsight in situations like this, because it is so easy to say for example that they year Tom Brady was drafted every team made the wrong pick.

As for the Stafford V. Sanchez debate I think it is silly to begin with becasue they are rookie but how do those stats possibly tell who the better QB is?

Stafford has 2 more td's and 3 more pics in less games.

Sanchez has a better QB rating

Stafford has been sacked only 2 more times for those that think his oline is so much worse than the Jets, and they are both equally as mobile.

one was the 1st pick and went to a team with no expectations, one was the 5th pick and had higher expectations than any qb coming in the last few years.

was it the right pick?

Bottom line...it is too early to tell and even if you wanted to use stats they dont lean towards one player being at all better than the other
    Well put
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Only time will tell. Neither has made a huge implact right away on their teams.

vCash
    ^yes, Stafford has,he has got us 2 wins

vCash
    i'll get back to you in 5 years.......
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I voted "yes" but how in the world can we guess their production in the 4-5 years in the NFL?

You can always ask Merill Hodge?

vCash
    Did you just make this up????................... When Braylon dropped that wide open probly 70 yd TD, sanchez ran and gave him a hug, and patted him on the back. I read a lot of jet ****, so if you have any evidence actually supporting your claim, please share...... Sanchez since the day we drafted has been a class act and said all the right things, the only time the media got on him, was when he read from a sheet of paper, did the GQ (before the season started), and lost games.
    That ball was underthrown. You're supposed to lead the guy and hit him in the hands as his arms are outstretched. Hitting him in the head/face, means he underthrew him by a couple of feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaji View Post
    That ball was underthrown. You're supposed to lead the guy and hit him in the hands as his arms are outstretched. Hitting him in the head/face, means he underthrew him by a couple of feet.
    Are you serious? Mediocre receivers can adjust to the ball.

Anyways I still think Sanchez will be a bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaji View Post
    hes an nfl Wr balls dont have to be place in his hands, there was no1 within 10 yds of him, it wasnt a hard thrown ball, so he had time, and majority of WR wouldve caught it....Its not the point, it was just an example because the guy said sanchez cries when his Wr's drop balls, when i cant think of one time hes said anything bad about his teammates.......Thats also not really the point of the thread, Stafford was projected higher so he shouldve gone first, dont get why lions fans need to bash sanchez just to make them feel better about there pick....Who will be the better Qb? Time will tell.....

vCash
    Stafford was the correct pick

Stafford > Sanchez

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast