Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2010 Oscar Nominees

Best Picture: “Avatar,” “The Blind Side,” “District 9,” “An Education,” “The Hurt Locker,” “Inglourious Basterds,” “Precious: Based on the Novel ’Push’ by Sapphire,” “A Serious Man,” “Up,” “Up in the Air.”

Actor: Jeff Bridges, “Crazy Heart”; George Clooney, “Up in the Air”; Colin Firth, “A Single Man”; Morgan Freeman, “Invictus”; Jeremy Renner, “The Hurt Locker.”

Actress: Sandra Bullock, “The Blind Side”; Helen Mirren, “The Last Station”; Carey Mulligan, “An Education”; Gabourey Sidibe, “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”; Meryl Streep, “Julie & Julia.”

Supporting Actor: Matt Damon, “Invictus”; Woody Harrelson, “The Messenger”; Christopher Plummer, “The Last Station”; Stanley Tucci, “The Lovely Bones”; Christoph Waltz, “Inglourious Basterds.”

Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz, “Nine”; Vera Farmiga, “Up in the Air”; Maggie Gyllenhaal, “Crazy Heart”; Anna Kendrick, “Up in the Air”; Mo’Nique, “Precious: Based on the Novel ’Push’ by Sapphire.”

Directing: James Cameron, “Avatar”; Kathryn Bigelow, “The Hurt Locker”; Quentin Tarantino, “Inglourious Basterds”; Lee Daniels, “Precious: Based on the Novel ’Push’ by Sapphire”; Jason Reitman, “Up in the Air.”

Foreign Language Film: “Ajami,” Israel; “El Secreto de Sus Ojos,” Argentina; “The Milk of Sorrow,” Peru; “Un Prophete,” France; “The White Ribbon,” Germany.

Adapted Screenplay: Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell, “District 9”; Nick Hornby, “An Education”; Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Tony Roche, “In the Loop”; Geoffrey Fletcher, “Precious: Based on the Novel ’Push’ by Sapphire”; Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, “Up in the Air.”

Original Screenplay: Mark Boal, “The Hurt Locker”; Quentin Tarantino, “Inglourious Basterds”; Alessandro Camon and Oren Moverman, “The Messenger”; Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, “A Serious Man”; Bob Peterson, Pete Docter, Tom McCarthy, “Up.”

Animated Feature Film: “Coraline”; “Fantastic Mr. Fox”; “The Princess and the Frog”; “The Secret of Kells”; “Up.”Art Direction: “Avatar,” “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,” “Nine,” “Sherlock Holmes,” “The Young Victoria.”

Cinematography: “Avatar,” “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” “The Hurt Locker,” “Inglourious Basterds,” “The White Ribbon.”

Sound Mixing: “Avatar,” “The Hurt Locker,” “Inglourious Basterds,” “Star Trek,” “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.”

Sound Editing: “Avatar,” “The Hurt Locker,” “Inglourious Basterds,” “Star Trek,” “Up.”

Original Score: “Avatar,” James Horner; “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” Alexandre Desplat; “The Hurt Locker,” Marco Beltrami and Buck Sanders; “Sherlock Holmes,” Hans Zimmer; “Up,” Michael Giacchino.

Original Song: “Almost There” from “The Princess and the Frog,” Randy Newman; “Down in New Orleans” from “The Princess and the Frog,” Randy Newman; “Loin de Paname” from “Paris 36,” Reinhardt Wagner and Frank Thomas; “Take It All” from “Nine,” Maury Yeston; “The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)” from “Crazy Heart,” Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett.

Costume: “Bright Star,” “Coco Before Chanel,” “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,” “Nine,” “The Young Victoria.”

Documentary Feature: “Burma VJ,” “The Cove,” “Food, Inc.” “The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers,” “Which Way Home.”

Documentary (short subject): “China’s Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province,” “The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner,” “The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant,” “Music by Prudence,” “Rabbit a la Berlin.”

Film Editing: “Avatar,” “District 9,” “The Hurt Locker,” “Inglourious Basterds,” “Precious: Based on the Novel ’Push’ by Sapphire.”

Makeup: “Il Divo,” “Star Trek,” “The Young Victoria.”

Animated Short Film: “French Roast,” “Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty,” “The Lady and the Reaper (La Dama y la Muerte),” “Logorama,” “A Matter of Loaf and Death.”

Live Action Short Film: “The Door,” “Instead of Abracadabra,” “Kavi,” “Miracle Fish,” “The New Tenants.”

Visual Effects: “Avatar,” “District 9,” “Star Trek.”
    I forgot they were going with 10 movies for BP. I am surprised to see District 9 in there.

I think Avatar is going to win everything it is nominated for. I just hope it doesn't win BP.
    I'm In.

vCash
    District 9 was my favorite movie of the year, so I LOVE the fact that is there.

vCash
    I don't have a problem with it being there, I just thought the last half was lame. They went from a solid 8 in my book to a 6 based on the excessive action of the last half.
    I'm In.

vCash
    You know what the single most awesome thing about these nominations is? Up, what is basically a children's movie, is nominated for Best Picture, Original Screenplay, Sound Editing, and Original Score. An animated kids movie has been nominated for two very big Oscars. So awesome.

And despite the fact that I really liked a number of the movies nominated for Best Picture, and while I don't remotely expect it to win, I will happily stand up and cheer if it does. I think it would be so cool to see that happen.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I don't have a problem with it being there, I just thought the last half was lame. They went from a solid 8 in my book to a 6 based on the excessive action of the last half.
    I in the other hand thought it was fantastic and gave the movie kind of a heart.

....but am really upset that Viggo Mortenssen did not get nominated for ''The Road''.

vCash
    IT was be sick if UP won but its clearly the underdog at the oscars.

vCash
    If only they did it last year, TDK and Wall-E would both be nominated for best picture Oscars... sad.

Predictions

BP - Avatar
    BD - James Cameron
    BActor - Jeff Bridges
    BActress - Sandra Bullock
    BSActor - Christoph Waltz
    BSActress - Mo'Nique

vCash
    If ****ing Avatar wins Best Picture, that will be one of the worst Oscar votes ever.

Other than that and Christoph Waltz winning Best Supporting Actor, I have no strong feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDrive View Post
    If only they did it last year, TDK and Wall-E would both be nominated for best picture Oscars... sad.

Predictions

BP - Avatar
    BD - James Cameron
    BActor - Jeff Bridges
    BActress - Sandra Bullock
    BSActor - Christoph Waltz
    BSActress - Mo'Nique
    I can't believe Mo'Nique could be an oscar winner. I remember when she was just a bad stand up comic

vCash
    I would like to Sandra Bullock win Best Actress. I haven't seen any of the other nominations for that category so I won't say she deserves it, but it seems like her entire career she chosen bad movies and she's been considered a bad actress. I didn't expect much from The Blind Side but I was blown away.

Haven't seen An Education, Precious, or Up but here's how I'd rank the rest for BP

1. Up in the Air
    2. Inglourious Basterds
    3. The Hurt Locker
    4. A Serious Man
    5. The Blind Side/District 9
    7. Avatar

I'll be rooting for Up in the Air in all its nominated categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    The 10 BP nomination thing is just a bad idea. Sure it allows for movies like Up and District 9 to get recognized in a way that they normally wouldn't be able to, but they have NO chance of winning. So what's the point?

Whit or whit-out you. Whit or whit-ooooooooout you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    If ****ing Avatar wins Best Picture, that will be one of the worst Oscar votes ever.

Other than that and Christoph Waltz winning Best Supporting Actor, I have no strong feelings.
    Dances With Wolves beat freaking Goodfellas...Not much else compares to that. Well, some other snubs in the earlier days, but still.

What I wouldn't give to see Kathryn Bigelow defeat her ex for best director. Not going to happen, but would still be great.

Best Picture thoughts:
    -The Blide Side: Enjoyed it, was sappy, but should not win this award.
    -District 9: One of the more overrated movies recently. Was pretty good.
    -An Education: Haven't seen it.
    -The Hurt Locker: Loved it.
    -Inglourious Basterds: Loved it, but probably doesn't have a chance to win.
    -Precious: Heard it was great, can't wait to see it.
    -A Serious Man: Should be great based on the Coen's being a part of this movie. I've got to see it soon.
    -Up: Loved it.
    -Up In The Air: Loved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstckman View Post
    The 10 BP nomination thing is just a bad idea. Sure it allows for movies like Up and District 9 to get recognized in a way that they normally wouldn't be able to, but they have NO chance of winning. So what's the point?
    Recognition?

vCash
    It would be kind of funny If Bullock won best actress in the same year she started in probably one of the worst movies of all time.

vCash
    I'll copy Tragedy.

-Avatar: **** this movie. It's going to win and I hate it.
    -The Blide Side: Average movie. Shouldn't be here though.
    -District 9: I really enjoyed this. It won't win and it probably shouldn't.
    -An Education: Haven't seen it.
    -The Hurt Locker: Loved it. This or Up In The Air are my hopefuls.
    -Inglourious Basterds: Didn't love it as much as everyone else, but it deserves the nomination.
    -Precious: I really don't seem interested in this film for some reason.
    -A Serious Man: Haven't seen it.
    -Up: Loved it. Won't win, of course.. But it was one of the best animations ever.
    -Up In The Air: Loved it. This or The Hurt Locker.. If not, I really don't care.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast