Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2009/2010 Hurricanes Discussion

With the season not going so well and the rumors that we are trying to trade some of our players with expiring older contracts I'm making this one thread dedicated to updates and for your thoughts about them..

First off we have traded for Jiri Tlusty in exchange for the rights to Philppe Paradis, who was our 1st round pick this year.

Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has acquired forward Jiri Tlusty (YIH-ree T’LOO-stee) from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for the rights to center Philippe Paradis (fihl-EEP PAIR-a-dee). Tlusty will report to Carolina’s American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Albany River Rats.

“This trade gives us an opportunity to pick up a young, skilled forward who is further along in his development, albeit still in the development phase,” said Rutherford. “We feel that Jiri has a chance to be with the Hurricanes sooner than Philippe, who is a good, but still very young prospect.”

Tlusty, 21, is in his third full professional season in North America after being drafted by Toronto in the first round, 13th overall, of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The Slany, Czech Republic, native has played in 74 career NHL regular-season games with the Maple Leafs, scoring 10 goals and earning 10 assists (20 points). In 105 career AHL regular-season games with the Toronto Marlies, Tlusty (6’0”, 209 lbs.) has scored 43 goals and earned 60 assists (103 points), including eight goals and seven assists (15 points) in 19 games this season. Tlusty’s career statistics are below.
    Looks like we are trying to get young players that will be able to make an impact fairly soon.

vCash
    How the hell have the Canes turned into a big pile of crap after winning the Cup a few seasons ago? They fast tracked to a weak squad. What can we look forward to next season?

vCash
    Looks like rebuilding for you guys...

vCash
    Yeah, I think a big part of it is Cam Ward being out, and our D playing horribly.

vCash
    I hate Ovechkin

vCash
    Hey hey, Tlusty gets a nice goal in his debut with us. Way to go.

vCash
    Is our coach on the Hot seat

vCash
    ^^I think so.

vCash
    playoff playoff you want to talk to me about playoff

vCash
    Congrats on Staal being named captain. Good news for you guys an looks like the organization is ready to fully rebuild around him.

vCash
    I dont think they will be able to trade for a lot of talent. Forwards who are free agents next year: Matt Cullen, Ray Whitney (old but good), Scott Walker (useless) and Stephan Yelle (worthless)

Defensemen - Joe Corvo (descent), Aaron Ward, Niclas Wallin, and goaltender Manny Legace

Honesty, if you traded all of these players to 1 team, you might get a 3rd round pick for ALL of them...Corvo is descent and Whitney might have a year or two left in him, but thats really it

Brind'Amour has scored 4 goals this year...After making Staal the captain, Rod is expendable, but who the hell would want him? 7th round pick maybe...Age has caught up with him the last 2 years...

The Canes are in deep trouble, they dont have many young players on this team. They are going to have to rebuild in the draft and maybe free agency. I dont see them being competitive for about 3 years if they truly rebuild
    Last edited by Pensx3; 01-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, I imagine we can get some prospects or low draft picks for some of the guys. It will take a few years for the rebuilding to be complete, but atleast now we can look forward to the draft.

vCash
    i think if you guys trade staal you can get someone real good

vCash
    Our GM, Jim Rutherford, he said that he plans on building the team around Staal and Cam Ward. But yeah, we could get somebody good for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby10 View Post
    i think if you guys trade staal you can get someone real good
    Have you been in every forum in the past two days? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast