Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Phaneuf & Carlyle Show ZERO Leadership...Team is Jumping Overboard

I would LOVE to hear what Optimized has to say about his #1 Dman he brags on so much! There was Phanuef & Carlyle walking into the dressing room while Ranger is laying on the ice. Phaneuf's -1 was flattering...watching him public skating out there is a joke that I'm just not laughing at anymore. Listening to Carlyle throw Reimer under the bus is just weak leadership from a man out of touch. I actually didn't think Reimer played all that well last night, but he didn't play poorly either...his 'team' left him for dead Tues & Wed.

Carlyle & Dion+ fragile hearts and tainted leadership. They may be the coach and captain...but the team has abandoned ship. And someone please slap the person in the side of the head who comes on hear suggesting this will all just go away with Bernier and Bolland back. Bolland isn't likely coming back this year, and if he does, he'll be a shell of himself until next year (if he even returns fully 100%). This gets gets outplayed in pretty much every area imaginable every night...yet someone Bolland is the savior some Leafs nuts...I mean fans are putting their hope in....

Good news is that Carlyle won't be back next year, as they can't bring back a guy that the team tuned out months ago. The inspired hockey they played before the Olympics is a faded memory, and even when they managed to win they still got most of the games handed to them...it was the 1st line that carried them. Now in the stretch run they are a shell of a playoff-looking team, and will likely finish 9th or 10 in the east...and if they make the playoffs, does anyone here really think they can knock off Boston or Pitt in 1st round?

vCash
    Once i saw your name at the bottom of the main page i knew this thread was coming. I'd love to hear what you had to say between this thread and the last time you came here to post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Once i saw your name at the bottom of the main page i knew this thread was coming. I'd love to hear what you had to say between this thread and the last time you came here to post.
    Hahaha I thought the exact same thing. Solid rant and the Carlyle thing was discussed in the game thread and there are some mind scratching decisions we agreed upon. but unless passangershawn can provide some tangible evidence on the Phaneuf front this is just more unjustified hater talk after a loss..

vCash
    You post a rant thread everytime the Leafs lose like two in a row.

vCash
    One thing that does bother me about the Leafs is lack of emotion. I don't care if some people think this is dirty but I play a high level of sports myself and this is how I feel.

Outside of Gleason and Clarkson, there is no one on this team that shows like they care when one of their teammates goes down. You know what the saddest part is? Gleason hasn't even played a full season here and neither has Clarkson. I'm not saying... Kessel go lay guys out, or JVR go do something stupid.

What I am saying is if Paul Ranger gets absolutely drilled into the boards, I want the Leafs to go bananas. I want all 5 guys on the ice (except Kessel) mobbing someone and getting in their face. If one of our guys gets hit, as soon as the puck drops, I want our guys to take a run at Radko Gudas. I'm not saying a dirty hit... but take a ****ing run at the guy.

Play with some ****ing passion, play for your teammates and atleast pretend like you care. Drop your ****ing gloves for each other, not for glory. Stop being a bunch of ****ing ******* and play as a team.

#endrant

vCash
    Go ahead and count the number of days the Leafs have been outside a playoff spot this season. It'll be a nice and small number for you. You can just count this calender year if you want.

You saying that this is all on Carlyle+Phaneuf is more laughable than anything you seem to have a problem with. It's amazing how the Leafs win, and you are no where to be found but when the Leafs lose 2 games in a row, well here you are. This actually made me feel better after this loss, knowing you were just waiting for the Leafs to lose 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 just so you could post something like this.

Geez, at least mention Lupul or Clarkson. It's almost as if you hate Phaneuf or something , I don't know what Carlyle's contract is like but Dion is here for a LONG time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    One thing that does bother me about the Leafs is lack of emotion. I don't care if some people think this is dirty but I play a high level of sports myself and this is how I feel.

Outside of Gleason and Clarkson, there is no one on this team that shows like they care when one of their teammates goes down. You know what the saddest part is? Gleason hasn't even played a full season here and neither has Clarkson. I'm not saying... Kessel go lay guys out, or JVR go do something stupid.

What I am saying is if Paul Ranger gets absolutely drilled into the boards, I want the Leafs to go bananas. I want all 5 guys on the ice (except Kessel) mobbing someone and getting in their face. If one of our guys gets hit, as soon as the puck drops, I want our guys to take a run at Radko Gudas. I'm not saying a dirty hit... but take a ****ing run at the guy.

Play with some ****ing passion, play for your teammates and atleast pretend like you care. Drop your ****ing gloves for each other, not for glory. Stop being a bunch of ****ing ******* and play as a team.

#endrant
    This is a rant, step up your game PassengerShawn. He doesn't let his biased hate (dunno if he has any) show. He just let's the TEAM have it.

vCash
    WOW...I wish I had the confidence in this team that you guys do. If you can't see by now (my tune hasn't changed since original posts...nor did it change when they racked up some wins) that this team has leadership issues all over the pace...zero depth...zero confidence...and zero chance in the playoffs (if they make it), then it's not worth the conversation....it's just blind love and allegiance on your part.

Even when the Leafs were winning before the break, you could still see they were a one-trick pony. Shut down the 1st line and all is dried up. The defense was still giving up 2nd chance-after-2nd chance...they just got some crazy offense from that 1st line, and good goaltending when they needed it. So if they equates to seeing out of a full glass all the time, then more power to you...I'd like to think I'm a realist!

vCash
    I think it was a day or two that they were out of the playoffs and then they went on that 7 game winning streak leading to a great stretch.

vCash
    you're right...Lupul, JVR, Franson, Kulemin, Kessel and co. all show ZERO heart. at least Kessel & JVR can score, but I definitely wouldn't be on the front battle lines with that crew. Clarkson shows some heart from time-to-time, but he's so ineffective, I often forget he plays for the Leafs. At least we know Gleason is a warrior...if we had 2 more of those kind of guys on the team...

And don't get me started on Nonis...this guy had to see the writing on the wall, and yet chose to do nothing about it at the deadline. All this garbage about being offered junk...he was likely the one offering Bodie & McKegg for St. Louis! This team was a #3 or 4 Dman and solid 4th liner that could skate and legitimize playing the 4th line 8 minutes a game, away from being a tough team in the playoffs. Now....they still have ZERO identity and defensive presence/commitment after SEVENTY GAMES! Their leadership is in SERIOUS question, and yet here we are...dancing in the moonlight, pretending everything is gonna be okay..."buck up little campers, we'll get through this!"

vCash

Phaneuf & Carlyle Show ZERO Leadership...Team is Jumping Overboard

The Leafs' play this yr does make you wonder if Carlyle is the right guy for the job. The only thing keeping Carlyle away from the hot seat is the wins. Some how this team manages to win despite being out played and out shot.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Leafs have been out of a playoff spot 3 days since the new year.

Gimme a break PassengerShawn. Stop with the cop-outs.

"My tune hasn't changed"
    Well no ****, you show up in 2 threads all year (both you created) to bash 1 person repeatedly.

"I'm a realist"
    We're you a realist last year? Cuz this is the same team that made the playoffs.

You know how this is going to end. Not well for you, and regardless you will come here when the Leafs are on another tough stretch again and start another thread. Let's just all save our own time pretend this never happened. You hate Phaneuf (and Carlyle apparently), cool story... enjoy the next 7 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    This is a rant, step up your game PassengerShawn. He doesn't let his biased hate (dunno if he has any) show. He just let's the TEAM have it.
    Yes I let Carlyle and Phaneuf have it and singled them out. Attitude reflects leadership, and the Leafs have none...at least none from two of the people that are supposed to be displaying the bulk of it.

Phaneuf isn't a bad player...he's an uninspired and uninterested player most nights...and those are not the qualities of a leader. Same with Kessel...yes he can score...yes he can skate...but does he really put in much effort and determination when it counts?

vCash
    No one said the Leafs don't have issues. In fact, here, let me list you all the issues with the Leafs.

- 1st line scoring = only scoring we have.
    - Lupul and Naz have no chemistry whatsoever.
    - Clarkson has sucked with Lupul and Naz.
    - Holland doesn't play enough.
    - We have two young puckmoving defenseman that are soft.
    - I don't care how much he scores, Jake Gardiner has been extremely bad defensively.
    - In our top 4, Dion is a top pair guy, Gunnar is a legit #4. No one else belongs there. We lack a 2 and a 3.

Do you know why I remain optimistic? Because of two reasons.

1) We're mid-season, the trade deadline has passed. You can be worried, you can get tense and all that can happen because you care for this team, but the fact of the matter is, you can't do anything about it. Everything that needs to be addressed NOW will be addressed in the offseason.

2) The sky hasn't fallen yet. We're still in a decent spot, and we're sitting in a wild card spot. I think if this team goes on to lose two more games in a row, the sky is then falling.

The last point I want to state is last season. Remember in the Bruins series, we struggled mightily in game 1 and Randy switched up lines to get energy? I think the exact same thing can happen this season. We have the right pieces here, the biggest hole IMO is our 2nd line centre. Nazem Kadri has been invisible all season. I don't care what his point totals state. Same with Lupul. If we can get production out of that 2nd line, our season is right back on track.

vCash
    you're right...Lupul, JVR, Franson, Kulemin, Kessel and co. all show ZERO heart. at least Kessel & JVR can score, but I definitely wouldn't be on the front battle lines with that crew. Clarkson shows some heart from time-to-time, but he's so ineffective, I often forget he plays for the Leafs. At least we know Gleason is a warrior...if we had 2 more of those kind of guys on the team...

And don't get me started on Nonis...this guy had to see the writing on the wall, and yet chose to do nothing about it at the deadline. All this garbage about being offered junk...he was likely the one offering Bodie & McKegg for St. Louis! This team was a #3 or 4 Dman and solid 4th liner that could skate and legitimize playing the 4th line 8 minutes a game, away from being a tough team in the playoffs. Now....they still have ZERO identity and defensive presence/commitment after SEVENTY GAMES! Their leadership is in SERIOUS question, and yet here we are...dancing in the moonlight, pretending everything is gonna be okay..."buck up little campers, we'll get through this!"

Oh now this is getting good. So Bolland and Bernier coming back is a big joke in terms of their impact but this team was a #3 or #4 and a 4TH LINER away from being a tough team to play in the playoffs. Woah man, slow down, we don't have the assets for that. Let's get back the AHL goalie (Bernier) and AHL 4th liner (Bolland) back and then reassess.

I didn't know a team that has a core with "ZERO HEART" could have their heart grow three sizes by bringing in a #3 defenseman AND a 4th liner. **** those 4th liners, the stars never come here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast