Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    vCash
    We'd all love to get Gay.

Does anybody remember a couple years back when Josh Smith's last contract expired, and Atlanta couldn't decide if they wanted to lock him up or wait for another team to make an offer they could counter? We were mentioned as a potential partner for a sign and trade, and most Pistons fans (including myself) didn't like the idea. Granted, Smith's shot selection was terrible at the time, and he had a reputation for being immature and difficult to coach. But he was so young! And look where he's at now.

From now on, any time we get a chance to sign, or trade for, a budding star under the age of 25, I will be all for it without question.

EDIT:

and hes a shooting guard who now is being asked to make plays for his team when his whole career he was used to other guys "billups" making plays for him
    You really don't even watch the games, do you?
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Dr. Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    on espn.com it says they both have 2.5

and chauncey avg like 8 assist a game
    stucky is avg 4.4

hamilton now the last 7 or so games is avg around 7.5 assists a game and 4.6 on the season

I want to respond to this in a fashion that would make you understand why Stuckey is more valuable to the team than Rip, and regardless of stats is also still playing point guard, but it would take far too long.

vCash
    i dont watch games?
    look at the past 10 games
    and see who has lead our team in assists

i never said rip was more valuable to our team...i just said i think its sad when a shooting guard is avg more assist then our starting pg.

and apparently you dont understand what im trying to say.
    this whole forum is all about how i dont think stuckey is a PG...he is better suited for a shooting guard.
    hes a sg playing the pg position....he doesnt know how to run a team and our record reflects that.

check the record when stuckey was the starting shooting guard as opposed to him being our starting pg.
    we were over .500
    this type of team needs a pass first pg not a shoot first one.

vCash
    Rip also leads the team in TO's. I never said Stuckey is a true PG, he has played great at SG but Stuckeys ceiling is higher at PG IMO. He averages 4.5 APG, getting a guy that averages around 6 APG will not change this team.

vCash
    Stuckey is a SG point blank. PG's are born not made...

vCash
    Stuckey is not a true PG or SG right now he is more towards SG because he has not had enough time playing with a consistent lineup to lead a team at PG. I think if we had CP3 on our team this season he would be struggling a little bit because of the injuries and having to adjust to different lineups on a regular basis (ok maybe not but you get my point). Also Pistons usually play team basketball and everyone gets a decent amount of assists when the offense is flowing. Only thing I see that everyone needs to do on the Pistons is keep their eyes open for JJ the guy makes perfect cuts to the rim and could get an easy ally-oop but they never see him until it is too late.

vCash
    one point i want to make is that not every offense is the typical pg runs every play. the pistons often run different kinds of line ups and types of offenses. we are now pretty much a 3 guard two forward team. the whole point of this is not to be so predictable. the stones have always been very predictable. stuckey actually is probably one of the best pg for this. he just needs to learn some about what exactly his role is. it dosent matter who gets the most assist if we win (in yes, i do know we are not winning lately). pretty much what i am saying is. stuckey has had so many different offenses to learn since he was drafted. this is his first year in this one. also anybody would struggle with all the injuries we have had. we have guys playing injured because we are so short handed. this is just my observation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    Stuckey is not a true PG or SG right now he is more towards SG because he has not had enough time playing with a consistent lineup to lead a team at PG. I think if we had CP3 on our team this season he would be struggling a little bit because of the injuries and having to adjust to different lineups on a regular basis (ok maybe not but you get my point). Also Pistons usually play team basketball and everyone gets a decent amount of assists when the offense is flowing. Only thing I see that everyone needs to do on the Pistons is keep their eyes open for JJ the guy makes perfect cuts to the rim and could get an easy ally-oop but they never see him until it is too late.
    it don't matter if he hasnt had a consistent lineup...he hasnt shown flashes of being a great PG in this league...maybe sg

and chris paul is going to struggle?
    are you kidding me...you know how many injuries hes had on that team..from peja..chandler..mo pete..posey..etc...and he still posted amazing numbers.
    even with all that said..he still was tops in the league in assist....he knows how to find players at the right times no matter who they are and get them points.
    thats what pg's do
    Last edited by shyfly24; 01-25-2010 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Mo View Post
    one point i want to make is that not every offense is the typical pg runs every play. the pistons often run different kinds of line ups and types of offenses. we are now pretty much a 3 guard two forward team. the whole point of this is not to be so predictable. the stones have always been very predictable. stuckey actually is probably one of the best pg for this. he just needs to learn some about what exactly his role is. it dosent matter who gets the most assist if we win (in yes, i do know we are not winning lately). pretty much what i am saying is. stuckey has had so many different offenses to learn since he was drafted. this is his first year in this one. also anybody would struggle with all the injuries we have had. we have guys playing injured because we are so short handed. this is just my observation.
    that is true...pg dont run every play..but they do run most of them.

this who "not being predictable" is obviously not working by our record and not even that...its how we lose to teams that arent even good.

we go on 5 game winning streaks with a pass first pg (atkins) and go on 13 game losing streaks with a shoot first pg (stuckey)
    you do the math.

the last game against portland..coach didnt even trust stuckey enough to run the last play...he made tayshaun do it...and then he turned the ball over.
    if it was billups..that would've never happened

vCash
    Shyfly, when Atkins was at starting PG and they won 5 straight he was averaging only 3.8APG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Rip also leads the team in TO's. I never said Stuckey is a true PG, he has played great at SG but Stuckeys ceiling is higher at PG IMO. He averages 4.5 APG, getting a guy that averages around 6 APG will not change this team.
    man look at rips passes compared to stuckeys.
    rip actually trys to look for the open man...stuckey passes just to pass.
    there was a game during the 13 game losing streak where stuck gave the ball to a guy who was getting double teamed
    Last edited by shyfly24; 01-25-2010 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    but hes not looking for his offense first.
    he looked to pass the ball..there was ball movement..
    the offense just flowed with him
    with stuckey...we just stand around and watch players drive to the hole and miss...like we did with iverson

and that should show how good our team could be...we were actually good with a guy like chucky..imagine if we had bynum or someone else in there
    Last edited by shyfly24; 01-25-2010 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    that is true...pg dont run every play..but they do run most of them.

this who "not being predictable" is obviously not working by our record and not even that...its how we lose to teams that arent even good.

we go on 5 game winning streaks with a pass first pg (atkins) and go on 13 game losing streaks with a shoot first pg (stuckey)
    you do the math.

the last game against portland..coach didnt even trust stuckey enough to run the last play...he made tayshaun do it...and then he turned the ball over.
    if it was billups..that would've never happened
    believe me when i say, "i hate the losing just as much as the next guy". i just dont think it's stuckey's fault that we are losing like we are. are problem is we do not have anyone who can post. and before anyone says c ville, charlie is the best in the league at getting past his man. just cant post for ****. and yes i said "best". he is the best PF at getting to the rim. i just woner where we would be if we where healthy. im just sick of this whole stuckey sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Mo View Post
    believe me when i say, "i hate the losing just as much as the next guy". i just dont think it's stuckey's fault that we are losing like we are. are problem is we do not have anyone who can post. and before anyone says c ville, charlie is the best in the league at getting past his man. just cant post for ****. and yes i said "best". he is the best PF at getting to the rim. i just woner where we would be if we where healthy. im just sick of this whole stuckey sucks.
    +1

Also it is hard to get used to a team when you have not played with most of the lineup ever before, there are 5 carryovers from last season, Jonas, Wilcox, Big Ben, Atkins, Daye, Villanueva and Gordon are new teammates for Stuckey and they have not all played enough games together to get used to each others tendencies which is a major reason for Stuckey to struggle. He has yet to have a 5 game stretch of a healthy lineup to get used to his new teammates. He still leads the team with points, assists and steals. Get over the debate about Stuckey, he has potential but should we build a team around him probably not but Pistons do not build a team around anyone, they put pieces together.

vCash
    it don't matter if he hasnt had a consistent lineup...he hasnt shown flashes of being a great PG in this league...maybe sg

and chris paul is going to struggle?
    are you kidding me...you know how many injuries hes had on that team..from peja..chandler..mo pete..posey..etc...and he still posted amazing numbers.
    even with all that said..he still was tops in the league in assist....he knows how to find players at the right times no matter who they are and get them points.
    thats what pg's do
    I forget you only read for a literal interpretation, sorry honest mistake. What I was saying was on an injury plagued team with more new players then carryovers it is normal for a PG to struggle until he gets consistency for a period of time. CP3 was a bad example I understand but it was an extreme example to make a point. Think Andre Miller who took time to adjust to a new team.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast