Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    vCash
    Personally I think Will bynum or even 55 yr old chucky atkins can be a decent PG for the time being until we get a young gun to come in.

We all gotta realize Stuckey is NOT a PG. Him switching from the 2 to 1 or 1 to 2 everynight is a HUGE reason why we suck so bad right now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    I forget you only read for a literal interpretation, sorry honest mistake. What I was saying was on an injury plagued team with more new players then carryovers it is normal for a PG to struggle until he gets consistency for a period of time. CP3 was a bad example I understand but it was an extreme example to make a point. Think Andre Miller who took time to adjust to a new team.
    ?
    and what about last year after iverson left...they had a consistent lineup..with sheed, mcdyess, hamilton, prince and still the same result.
    so dont blame it on consistency.

not having a consistent lineup doesnt explain how stuckey missed a open 2 footer and the end of the game today that would've brought us up by 4 pts instead of being down by 4..
    and those out of control passes he made
    Last edited by shyfly24; 01-27-2010 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    Wow blame the guy with 11 assists and 1 turnover for the loss, I will admit 7/20 shooting needs to be improved or get 2 more assists and shoot a couple less times but the guy is playing 38 minutes when he should be closer to 30 but without Bynum and Atkins being injured and not expected to even play he has to carry more minutes. Tonight he was a PG and even you have to admit his posterization was nice.

Not to mention he was pretty solid in playing his first full season without a serious injury and adjusting from a low lever college team to the NBA which takes point guards 3 years to do. The fact you cannot admit Stuckey has a high ceiling and will be an impact player when he has been putting up good assist numbers lately with low turnovers then you are stubborn and are just a hater drinking that haterade or are still bitter we traded Billups to allow a player that is similar to him to develop.
    Last edited by streetballa; 01-27-2010 at 11:51 PM.

vCash
    Wow blame the guy with 11 assists and 1 turnover for the loss, I will admit 7/20 shooting needs to be improved or get 2 more assists and shoot a couple less times but the guy is playing 38 minutes when he should be closer to 30 but without Bynum and Atkins being injured and not expected to even play he has to carry more minutes. Tonight he was a PG and even you have to admit his posterization was nice.

Not to mention he was pretty solid in playing his first full season without a serious injury and adjusting from a low lever college team to the NBA which takes point guards 3 years to do. The fact you cannot admit Stuckey has a high ceiling and will be an impact player when he has been putting up good assist numbers lately with low turnovers then you are stubborn and are just a hater drinking that haterade or are still bitter we traded Billups to allow a player that is similar to him to develop.
    when did i blame him for the loss?
    i just said we would've been up by 4 if he made that open 2 footer

that 7/20 shooting wasn't just it..it was how he missed them...he was missing wide open shots close to the rim
    im not saying stuckey is the worst player in the league...he is a decent sg and could be a good player..all im saying is hes not a good pg...thats it.

dunk was kinda surprising..didnt expect that

good assist numbers lately?
    so what if he had 11 assist...hes not consistent with it...hamilton has had good assist numbers lately and 10 assist yest..so what..are we gonna make him a pg?

stuckey similar to billups? ahah
    so stuckey can hit 3s?
    he can post players up?
    he knows how to run a team?
    he knows when to not shoot?
    he knows to pass to the open man instead of a player being double teamed
    he knows that him taking a million shots is not gonna win us games?
    yeah real similar.

im stubborn and drink haterade?
    ahah...bro just stop

vCash
    Billups did not develop overnight or in a few years. So if we had Billups in his 3rd year our PG would only get us 3.8 assists and 13.9 points. Billups did not average over 5 assists til his 6th season. Never has averaged over 4 rebounds for a season. Other then this season has only averaged 18+ points one time. Not to mention did not shoot over 40% until his 5th season. So at this point in his career I put Stuckey ahead of Billups after his 5th season only places Billups is better is 3pt shooting and possibly free throw shooting. Stuckey overall is actually a better fg% guy already though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Stuckeys ceiling is higher at PG IMO. He averages 4.5 APG, getting a guy that averages around 6 APG will not change this team.
    it won't change?

well when billups was here our TEAM was in the top 10 in assist...and ever since stuckey took over we are DEAD LAST in assist
    right behind the nets.

so i guess what i'm saying is true

vCash
    Billups did not develop overnight or in a few years. So if we had Billups in his 3rd year our PG would only get us 3.8 assists and 13.9 points. Billups did not average over 5 assists til his 6th season. Never has averaged over 4 rebounds for a season. Other then this season has only averaged 18+ points one time. Not to mention did not shoot over 40% until his 5th season. So at this point in his career I put Stuckey ahead of Billups after his 5th season only places Billups is better is 3pt shooting and possibly free throw shooting. Stuckey overall is actually a better fg% guy already though.
    you keep thinking our team is gonna be good with stuckey at the point.

for a player with so much hype as a pg...its sad that our team is ranked last in assist and now has to rely on a 31 year old shooting guard to make plays for our team.

stuckey def lead by example yesterday with his amazing stat line
    Last edited by shyfly24; 01-30-2010 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmario View Post
    All of your points are correct except for the Prince for Gay. Rudy Gay is a rising superstar on a team that was expected to win 25 games and they are very good this year. Rudy Gay even outshines OJ mayo on that team. I love the Pistons but we have not had a superstar in a long time. The 03-04 Pistons will not happen again in this era with Lebron/Wade/Kobe. We need some firepower, we have none. If the argument is we need a center, there is only a few real centers in the whole league and most of their teams suck. We need to move stuckey to the 2 permanet. Find a true point guard, and get a player that can score 25 a game Like Gay. We say we are trying to be an up and down team yet we rank last or close to in every offensive category. We have long term deals with players that aren't known for defense. We need to speed things up and a Player like Gay would be perfect. It's just my opinion though.
    ya i still think our major holes on this team is pg and center..not sf
    jerebko and daye is good enough to fill the void at sf if prince leaves

9. 01-30-2010, 06:22 PM

10. 01-30-2010, 08:01 PM

11. 01-30-2010, 08:09 PM

12. 01-31-2010, 03:50 PM

13. 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM

14. 01-31-2010, 04:14 PM

15. 01-31-2010, 04:46 PM

vCash
    lmfaooooooo

this is where it all started, my very 1st stuckey thread. i thank this thread, cause it made me who i am today

thanks to all the supporters

vCash
    LOLLLL
    2010 mike is in this thread

And its so funny reading some of the posts written back 2 years ago and how I was right about everything

vCash
    Love this thread. Wish I was around when this thread was made.

vCash
    Stuckey blows. Please don't bump old threads though.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930