Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question Just the Messenger

If you guys draft a Big with you all's lottery pick, would anybody consider this..

NYK: Mcgee/Filler

Wiz: Fields/TD/Bill Walker/2011 Draft pick

Fields would give you guys a talented, high BBIQ, compliments Crawford, inexpensive, and still developing SG/SF to play next to Wall for years+wouldn't have to overpay to bring back the chucker known as Nick Young. TD is a very quick, good defender, sharp shooting, and inexpensive pg that could play behind or with Wall. Bill Walker is a young, athletic, streaky shooting, and inexpensive SG/SF that would give the squad depth on the wing. This isn't a draft full of "sure-fire" franchise guys, but I feel it will be deep with rotation guys that can really help a team. You all could tell us who yall want with our 17th pick. Thoughts?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    If you guys draft a Big with you all's lottery pick, would anybody consider this..

Fields would give you guys a talented, high BBIQ, compliments Crawford, inexpensive, and still developing SG/SF to play next to Wall for years+wouldn't have to overpay to bring back the chucker known as Nick Young. TD is a very quick, good defender, sharp shooting, and inexpensive pg that could play behind or with Wall. Bill Walker is a young, athletic, streaky shooting, and inexpensive SG/SF that would give the squad depth on the wing. This isn't a draft full of "sure-fire" franchise guys, but I feel it will be deep with rotation guys that can really help a team. You all could tell us who yall want with our 17th pick. Thoughts?
    no...

vCash

Talent wise it's a great deal because Fields is an up and coming star in the league and he has a lot more upside than Young in my opinion and he is already more polished than Jordan Crawford. Douglas is an interesting prospect and another first round pick is always nice as well. I really like McGee, but this trade offer would be too much to pass up on. with 3 first round picks we could move up (if needed) in the draft to take Williams or Kanter. We could also trade our picks for next years selections when the draft will be a lot deeper at positions of need. Imagine going into the 2012 offseason with Wall, Fields, Crawford and Walker at the guard spots with multiple first round picks in the 2012 draft and LOTS of free salary room to chase the big name free agents available in 2012. We could end up with an amazing lineup!

vCash
    If Nick Young doesnt resign bring in Shanon Brown and Matt Barnes from
    Trade: Andray Blatche and and 2nd rd pick for Kevin Love

Pg:John Wall/Jimmer Fredette
    Sg:Jordan Crawford/Shanon Brown
    Sf:Tracy McGrady/Matt Barnes
    Pf:Kevin Love/Trevor Booker
    C:NeNe Hilario/Draft

or
    Trade Back if we dont get first overall pick and 2ndrd pick 2011 : trade to Utah for Derrick Favors

Pg:John Wall/Jimmer Freddete
    Sg:Jordan Crawford/Nick Young
    Sferrick Favors/
    C:?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportssuperfan View Post

or
    Trade Back if we dont get first overall pick and 2ndrd pick 2011 : trade to Utah for Derrick Favors

Sferrick Favors/
    You're a funny guy! I'm not even gonna waste my time with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportssuperfan View Post

or

Sferrick Favors/
    I dont even think that would work in 2k...

vCash

Hell no!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TChef02 View Post
    Talent wise it's a great deal because Fields is an up and coming star in the league and he has a lot more upside than Young in my opinion and he is already more polished than Jordan Crawford. Douglas is an interesting prospect and another first round pick is always nice as well. I really like McGee, but this trade offer would be too much to pass up on. with 3 first round picks we could move up (if needed) in the draft to take Williams or Kanter. We could also trade our picks for next years selections when the draft will be a lot deeper at positions of need. Imagine going into the 2012 offseason with Wall, Fields, Crawford and Walker at the guard spots with multiple first round picks in the 2012 draft and LOTS of free salary room to chase the big name free agents available in 2012. We could end up with an amazing lineup!
    Did you see the entire second half of the season!?! Landry completely disappeared! Jordan Crawford stepped up and had a great stretch run. They can keep Landry Fields.Wall, Crawford and McGee are what Washington is building around. Pass on this trade.

vCash
    Does anyone know if we can trade Nick Young since we have restricted rights on him? If so, would anyone bite or just wait until free agency?

Also, if we drafted Kanter, where would McGee fit in? Does he fit in anyway as a starter? He has limitations. Could we deal him in a draft day move-up with our 2nd 1st rounder or 2nd round pick? Blatche could also be used for that. Maybe Young too?
    I'd love to get Kanter and either or both of the Morris twins. Just sayin. Appreciate feedback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    Does anyone know if we can trade Nick Young since we have restricted rights on him? If so, would anyone bite or just wait until free agency?

Also, if we drafted Kanter, where would McGee fit in? Does he fit in anyway as a starter? He has limitations. Could we deal him in a draft day move-up with our 2nd 1st rounder or 2nd round pick? Blatche could also be used for that. Maybe Young too?
    I'd love to get Kanter and either or both of the Morris twins. Just sayin. Appreciate feedback.
    Wiz already have two first round picks (lottery and 18th pick from Atlanta). If they trade Nick Young it would have to be a sign and trade but depending on how much money he's looking for will determine if he's back or not. As for McGee his value went up when he finished the season 2nd in blocked shots. So I don't see him going anywhere. If they can find someone to take Blatche and get a draft pick in return I'm all for it. But that seems highly unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven-Lunatic View Post
    Wiz already have two first round picks (lottery and 18th pick from Atlanta). If they trade Nick Young it would have to be a sign and trade but depending on how much money he's looking for will determine if he's back or not. As for McGee his value went up when he finished the season 2nd in blocked shots. So I don't see him going anywhere. If they can find someone to take Blatche and get a draft pick in return I'm all for it. But that seems highly unlikely.
    Yes, I'm aware we have two 1st rounders and mentioned this in my post.

Why would it be highly unlikely for a team to want Blatche? The guy can score on the interior and has hops and is young. I could see a western conference team use him to their benefit.

And you mention we should keep McGee but how would he fit in if we got Kanter? We have two first round PF's from last year...do you bury both of them on the bench further stunting their development? I really don't see a lot of room for a center that doesn't create any offense and really doesn't play strong defense and instead looks for blocks first and is out of position all the time. Just my take on his play.

vCash
    Yes, I'm aware we have two 1st rounders and mentioned this in my post.

Why would it be highly unlikely for a team to want Blatche? The guy can score on the interior and has hops and is young. I could see a western conference team use him to their benefit.

And you mention we should keep McGee but how would he fit in if we got Kanter? We have two first round PF's from last year...do you bury both of them on the bench further stunting their development? I really don't see a lot of room for a center that doesn't create any offense and really doesn't play strong defense and instead looks for blocks first and is out of position all the time. Just my take on his play.
    I say it's highly unlikely for a team to want Blatche because the guy is as soft as twinkie filling and only plays well in April when the Wiz are not in playoff contention. Plus he's not a team first kind of guy and not worth a 1st round pick. I know your all for Kanter but if you watched McGee at the end of the year his rebounding as well as his shot blocking and offense all improved. I've done some reading on Kanter and found that he has played in less games than Daniel Orton at Kentucky. So how do you figure he can come in and have an impact? I'm not sold on his durability and or if he's a legit NBA center. I'd rather stick with McGee another year.

vCash
    I say it's highly unlikely for a team to want Blatche because the guy is as soft as twinkie filling and only plays well in April when the Wiz are not in playoff contention. Plus he's not a team first kind of guy and not worth a 1st round pick. I know your all for Kanter but if you watched McGee at the end of the year his rebounding as well as his shot blocking and offense all improved. I've done some reading on Kanter and found that he has played in less games than Daniel Orton at Kentucky. So how do you figure he can come in and have an impact? I'm not sold on his durability and or if he's a legit NBA center. I'd rather stick with McGee another year.
    First of all, I never said Blatche's value was of a first rounder. Others here are. What I would do is package him with either our 2nd rounder or our 2nd 1st rounder to move up.
    I'm not sold on Mcgee as a complete player. You can be , but not me. As for playing less games than someone as a defining of his potential, that's a fail. Kanter will be a top 3 pick for a reason. You might want to read more about him as he actually didn't play in Kentucky at all but in a pro league overseas. I nor no one else said he'd be an impact. You put more words in my mouth than an Obama press conference. Speak for yourself!!!!!!!! Or at least re-read my statements. You're all over the place and just dead wrong in paraphrasing my comments.
    We'll agree to disagree on McGee. I'd trade him and move up with another of our picks and get some quality players.
    BTW, who would you take with our first pick? Lottery selection takes place on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Jet Formation; 05-15-2011 at 10:25 AM.

vCash
    First of all, I never said Blatche's value was of a first rounder. Others here are. What I would do is package him with either our 2nd rounder or our 2nd 1st rounder to move up.
    I'm not sold on Mcgee as a complete player. You can be , but not me. As for playing less games than someone as a defining of his potential, that's a fail. Kanter will be a top 3 pick for a reason. You might want to read more about him as he actually didn't play in Kentucky at all but in a pro league overseas. I nor no one else said he'd be an impact. You put more words in my mouth than an Obama press conference. Speak for yourself!!!!!!!! Or at least re-read my statements. You're all over the place and just dead wrong in paraphrasing my comments.
    We'll agree to disagree on McGee. I'd trade him and move up with another of our picks and get some quality players.
    BTW, who would you take with our first pick? Lottery selection takes place on Tuesday.
    First of all, you need to calm down. Everything on here is opinion based and it seems you are taking this a little too serious. Second, if you read any of Leonsis' blogs or attended any of the season ticket holder gatherings (as I have) you would know that the Wizards have said from day one that they are not trading 1st rd. picks. So Blatche and a 2nd is more likely. That was the only point I was trying to make. So save all your Obama downers for yourself or someone else(Epic Fail by the way). And congrats for taking a simple opinion and taking it where it did not have to or need to go . As far as Kanter goes, I may have mistaken him for another player but the fact that he's a European player makes me want to stay way from him even more. The guy is undersized for the center position so why go with another undersized guy when the Wiz need size and toughness in the paint. On top of that the guy didn't play a game last year and he sounds like he more of a shooter than a in the paint guy(Chad Ford ESPN). Right now this team lacks a legit SF and I think that is the direction they will go with in either the draft or free agency. As for who I think should be picked in the 1st....we it depends on what pick the Wiz get. If it's the top pick or the second pick, I would take Derrick Williams. Any other pick I would try for Kawhi Leonard. But again that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Raven-Lunatic; 05-15-2011 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    First of all, you need to calm down. Everything on here is opinion based and it seems you are taking this a little too serious. Second, if you read any of Leonsis' blogs or attended any of the season ticket holder gatherings (as I have) you would know that the Wizards have said from day one that they are not trading 1st rd. picks. So Blatche and a 2nd is more likely. That was the only point I was trying to make. So save all your Obama downers for yourself or someone else(Epic Fail by the way). And congrats for taking a simple opinion and taking it where it did not have to or need to go . As far as Kanter goes, I may have mistaken him for another player but the fact that he's a European player makes me want to stay way from him even more. The guy is undersized for the center position so why go with another undersized guy when the Wiz need size and toughness in the paint. On top of that the guy didn't play a game last year and he sounds like he more of a shooter than a in the paint guy(Chad Ford ESPN). Right now this team lacks a legit SF and I think that is the direction they will go with in either the draft or free agency. As for who I think should be picked in the 1st....we it depends on what pick the Wiz get. If it's the top pick or the second pick, I would take Derrick Williams. Any other pick I would try for Kawhi Leonard. But again that's just my opinion.
    You need to learn more about Kanter as you nor Chad Ford seem to know what he's about. See below:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/enes-kanter

I understand Leonis' statement different than you. Moving up doesn't mean losing a pick.

Kahwi Leonard is a potential pick in the teens and could be there at #18 where we select again unless we move up. I don't think you want him with the 3rd overall pick. Go to nbadraft.net and brush up on your prospects like Obama would.
    Last edited by Jet Formation; 05-15-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast