Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

"Unreviewable" plays in the NFL

I personally hate the cowboys but they got absolutey screwed on that call where romo fumbled and felix jones recovered, upon replay was clearly down, and then fumbled, but the boys couldnt challenge the ruling on the field. Completely changed the landscape of the game.....does anyone else think its ridiculous that certain plays are "non-reviewable?" What is the point in having these certain types of plays be unchallengeable? I think its so stupid that certain plays can be reviewed and others can't. It happens on some of the most important calls, too, such as down by contact.
    Last edited by jojoe1188; 11-15-2009 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    because the play is over.

heres an example: lets say a guy is ruled down but he really wasn't. if the players all stop except the guy with the ball because the refs said it was over, its not fair to say "oh he scored" because everyone else stopped on account of the refs
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Ehh...it didn't really matter anyway. You can challenge a fumble, but you can't challenge the recovery, and the recovery was challenged. That's just how it is, and it should probably stay that way (some fumble recoveries could be really complicated, and replay slows the game down enough as it is).
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    because the play is over.

heres an example: lets say a guy is ruled down but he really wasn't. if the players all stop except the guy with the ball because the refs said it was over, its not fair to say "oh he scored" because everyone else stopped on account of the refs
    No, the play was not over. CMIII picked it up and ran with it after Felix had control of the ball and was down.

vCash
    o well..not like they were doing anything with the ball anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoe1188 View Post
    does anyone else think its ridiculous that certain plays are "non-reviewable?" What is the point in having these certain types of plays be unchallengeable? I think its so stupid that certain plays can be reviewed and others can't.
    Yes I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by jojoe1188 View Post
    It happens on some of the most important calls, too, such as down by contact.
    or plays that were ruled not a fumble but the replay clearly shows a Fumble but it can't be challenged cuz no clear recovery, when everyone in the damn stadium could see a guy jump on it and come out of the pile with it, just the refs didn't...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    No, the play was not over. CMIII picked it up and ran with it after Felix had control of the ball and was down.
    i'm not talking specific plays, just a generality. if the refs come in whistles a-blazing and the defenders stop cause they hear the refs say its over, you cant go back and say "well the play shouldnt have been over, so we'll give him X amount of yardage". you can't blame the defense for stopping when the refs say to stop, even if the refs are wrong.

also i didnt see the play, but the way you just described it makes it seem like felix had the ball and was down, thus ending the play before CMIII ran with it
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    i'm not talking specific plays, just a generality. if the refs come in whistles a-blazing and the defenders stop cause they hear the refs say its over, you cant go back and say "well the play shouldnt have been over, so we'll give him X amount of yardage". you can't blame the defense for stopping when the refs say to stop, even if the refs are wrong.

also i didnt see the play, but the way you just described it makes it seem like felix had the ball and was down, thus ending the play before CMIII ran with it
    He did have the ball on the ground and had it ripped away from him. I'll try to repaint the scenario, romo did fumble the ball there is no question about that, woodson came unblocked on a blitz and drilled romo before he was in a throwing motion, that's where the fumble came in. Felix Jones then dove on the ball, clearly had possession ON THE GROUND and then a green bay packer came over while he was still on the ground and ripped the ball away from him and the packers eventually recovered. Phillips rightfully challenged the call, about 15 minutes later AND a commercial break goes by and the refs come over to phillips and tell him the play is "unreviewable". That's how it went down, I guess they wanted green bay to win that badly (even though dallas played like **** yesterday).

vCash
    It was a bad call. The refs had it in for the Cowboys....but that is not why we lost...

Greenbay played like a team making a last stand, got to give the Packers credit.

NFC East Champs

Philadelphia Eagles = Zero Rings and Wishing

vCash
    bullshtt call PERIOD!! Something does need to be done about that,YES WE WERE getting beat and im not taking nothin away fron that but we were only down by 10 with plenty of time. THEM SCORING ON THAT "FUMBLED DRIVE" MAD IT A 3 POSSESION GAME. But everyone can clearly see that we recovered it and they wrestled it away after we were already down, thats crazy!!

America has voted and the DALLAS COWBOYS are STILL AMERICA'S TEAM!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unec View Post
    bullshtt call PERIOD!! Something does need to be done about that,YES WE WERE getting beat and im not taking nothin away fron that but we were only down by 10 with plenty of time. THEM SCORING ON THAT "FUMBLED DRIVE" MAD IT A 3 POSSESION GAME. But everyone can clearly see that we recovered it and they wrestled it away after we were already down, thats crazy!!
    Crayton clearly didn't catch that ball on 4th and 10. The refs missed that, how about we call it even?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yelnik View Post
    Crayton clearly didn't catch that ball on 4th and 10. The refs missed that, how about we call it even?

NFC East Champs

Philadelphia Eagles = Zero Rings and Wishing

vCash
    maybe if your coach didnt run out of challenges you could have looked at it in the booth. At least good coaching could have allowed a review of the play.

im not saying bad calls were the reason the packers won, they played great while the cowboys failed at life, but that fumble call took away any chance the cowboys had at a comeback.
    although im sure tony romo throwing an interception in the endzone had something to do with not coming back either. fail. gaa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yelnik View Post
    How about we don't call it even. Your clueless ****ing coach threw the Challenge Flag on that play, where he had already used both his challenges, and even THEN the refs ****ed that call up to.

Rule 15 Section 9( I believe those numbers are right) If a team throws a challenge flag with no timeouts left, or no challenges left(Like Green Bays situation) then it is a 15 yard delay of game penalty. Nice missed call there too refs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    How about we don't call it even. Your clueless ****ing coach threw the Challenge Flag on that play, where he had already used both his challenges, and even THEN the refs ****ed that call up to.

Rule 15 Section 9( I believe those numbers are right) If a team throws a challenge flag with no timeouts left, or no challenges left(Like Green Bays situation) then it is a 15 yard delay of game penalty. Nice missed call there too refs.
    Green Bay still had a timeout did they not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast