Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCU Title Hopes

vCash

TCU Title Hopes

Alabama and Florida will be playing in the SEC Championship.

One of them will lose.

If the other slips up along the way, or Texas loses would TCU make the BCS National Championship game? Or do you think the voters will decide otherwise?

vCash
    No chance
    2 loss florida vs 2 loss texas
    Is more likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loki34 View Post
    No chance
    Is more likely.
    No way. I think Cinci might jump TCU though.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Well if Florida or Bama have a highly unlikely slip up game, then beats the other, you could see even more controversy.

vCash
    The best thing for college football would be if Florida loses to FIU and then beats Bama and gets in to the BCS championship over TCU, Boise, and Cincinatti.

I think that could possibly bring down the system. Especially if Cinci and TCU dont play either other and both win their BCS bowl game.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Let's be realistic here. TCU has no chance of going to the BCS Championship game. The are not a BCS team. It is really that simple. On top of that, Texas is not going to lose a ame unless it is their conference championship game, which would eliminate them from the BCS Championship game. Florida plays no one until the SEC Championship game. Alabama only has Auburn to get past to run the table before the SEC Championship game. Cincinnati is still undefeated, though they must go to Pitt to finish out their season. That is a lot of "if's". Any 1 loss BCS team get the nod over an undefeated non-BCS team. People think that the BCS Championship game is a "National" Champinship game. It is not.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-13-2009 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I would have to agree. TCU needs 3 of the unbeaten teams to lose out of Florida, Bama, Texas and Cinci.

vCash
    If TCU beats the amazing freaking awesome Utah Utes this Saturday, then yes.

But seriously, I think their better than Cincy. Will still take a lot for them to get in though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mser58 View Post
    Alabama and Florida will be playing in the SEC Championship.

One of them will lose.

If the other slips up along the way, or Texas loses would TCU make the BCS National Championship game? Or do you think the voters will decide otherwise?
    They had a guy on the radio today claiming that going by this computer system that a one-loss Alabama or Florida team winning the SEC championship would get in over TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by loki34 View Post
    No chance
    Is more likely.
    No way. This isn't a 2-loss LSU getting in over undefeated Hawaii that played nobody that season.

Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Yep Cincy would jump TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    If TCU beats the amazing freaking awesome Utah Utes this Saturday, then yes.

But seriously, I think their better than Cincy. Will still take a lot for them to get in though.
    I will have to see it to believe it.

vCash
    I think that what you have to understand is that the BCS is not going to snub one of it's own teams for a non-BCS team. Last year, an undefeated Boise State did not even get to a BCS bowl game. The same may hold true for this year. Speculation is running wild, but there is one article that is really going to make BCS Bowl reps cringe. TCU plays Utah this Staurday. Their 44,000 seat stadium is sold out. It is the first sell out in two years. That tells the BCS that TCU does not exactly pack the house when they play.

vCash
    I think that if there were a scenario where Boise or TCU could end up in the national title game against Alabama, Florida or Texas..the BCS should let them in and get destroyed in front of millions to end the damn discussions of the "little guy" getting a chance with the big boys..unless of course there's a playoff where its open season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I think that if there were a scenario where Boise or TCU could end up in the national title game against Alabama, Florida or Texas..the BCS should let them in and get destroyed in front of millions to end the damn discussions of the "little guy" getting a chance with the big boys..unless of course there's a playoff where its open season
    Probably. But keep in mind that Boise State beat Oklahoma and Utah beat Alabama in BCS bowl games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Probably. But keep in mind that Boise State beat Oklahoma and Utah beat Alabama in BCS bowl games.
    Yeah..I know..dammit.

vCash
    BCS Bowl games do not necessairily match the best teams. Remember, the only BCS game that requires a team to be ranked in a certain order is the championship game, which requires that the #1 BCS team plays the #2 BCS team, even if the #1 BCS team is not recognized as the #1 team in the nation. USC found this out the hard way in 2003.

The fact is that all the other BCS Bowls have a rather large option. They are tied into various conferences, but only the Rose Bowl is tied into two conferences. If a conference champion is playing in the championship game, the BCS Bowl that has the conference tie in with that conference is excused from that tie in. This means that if Texas goes to the big game, the Fiesta Bowl has two choices to make. All that is required is that the teams chosen are in the Top 12 of the BCS. That means if the Fiesta Bowl wants to choose #9 USC and #10 Iowa, they have that option. The only requirement other than the top 2 teams in the BCS playing in the big game is that the #3 and #4 teams must get a BCS Bowl game no matter what FBS conference they are in.

The Bottom line is that these BCS hosts are interested in one thing and one thing only. Making money. Do you really think that Boise State fans will spend nearly as much money as USC fans would in Glendale AZ? This is why many people do not think that BOTH TCU and Boise State will be in a BCS Bowl game.

vCash
    This might sound weird but if at the end of the year Boise and TCU are undefeated, they should play each other to see who gets the non-automatic bid rather than just leave it up to the computers I think

Soon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast