Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pac 10 Bowl Probabilities

The probability of Pac 10 teams playing in Bowls.

In: Oregon: A lock for the Rose Bowl unless the wheels come completely off the wagon. No realistic hope of going to the NC game.

USC: There is still hope for the Torjans to get into a BCS game if they win out, like they normally do in November. In the world of the BCS, money talks, and we USC grads have a lot of that. If not, the Holiday Bowl will be their likely bowl game against Okie State or OU.

Cal: The Bears are in, and could finish with a 9-2 record. If USC goes BCS Bowling, Cal goes to San Diego. If not, the Sun Bowl is where they land.

Probables:

Oregon State: With 5 wins and games against both Washinton teams left, Oregon State is in. The Sun Bowl is probably the best they can hope for.

Arizona: This weeks win over Wazzu puts the 'Cats in. Las Vegas may be looking nice, but they play the brunt of their schedule after this week.

Maybes:

UCLA: Suprised? Don't be. UCLA has played the tough part of their schedule and now gets Washington and Arizona State at home, sandwiching a trip to Pullman. That could bring 3 wins, and bowl eligability, before finishing the year at USC.

Arizona State: A tough road for ASU awaits them. They must win two out of their last 4 against USC, at Oregon and UCLA, and against Arizona. Highly unlikely.

Stanford: Everyone figures Stanford to be in a bowl game, but the Cards have only 5 wins. They close the schedule against Oregon, at USC, Cal and Notre Dame. Where is the 6th win?

Washington: Yes, mathematically Washington is still alive, but can only afford one more loss. That means winning two out of three games at UCLA, at Oregon State, and vs Cal, along with a win against Pac 10 whipping boy Wazzu.

Out: Washington State. A one win season to back up a two win season looms.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The probability of Pac 10 teams playing in Bowls.

In: Oregon: A lock for the Rose Bowl unless the wheels come completely off the wagon. No realistic hope of going to the NC game.

USC: There is still hope for the Torjans to get into a BCS game if they win out, like they normally do in November. In the world of the BCS, money talks, and we USC grads have a lot of that. If not, the Holiday Bowl will be their likely bowl game against Okie State or OU.

Cal: The Bears are in, and could finish with a 9-2 record. If USC goes BCS Bowling, Cal goes to San Diego. If not, the Sun Bowl is where they land.

Probables:

Oregon State: With 5 wins and games against both Washinton teams left, Oregon State is in. The Sun Bowl is probably the best they can hope for.

Arizona: This weeks win over Wazzu puts the 'Cats in. Las Vegas may be looking nice, but they play the brunt of their schedule after this week.

Maybes:

UCLA: Suprised? Don't be. UCLA has played the tough part of their schedule and now gets Washington and Arizona State at home, sandwiching a trip to Pullman. That could bring 3 wins, and bowl eligability, before finishing the year at USC.

Arizona State: A tough road for ASU awaits them. They must win two out of their last 4 against USC, at Oregon and UCLA, and against Arizona. Highly unlikely.

Stanford: Everyone figures Stanford to be in a bowl game, but the Cards have only 5 wins. They close the schedule against Oregon, at USC, Cal and Notre Dame. Where is the 6th win?

Washington: Yes, mathematically Washington is still alive, but can only afford one more loss. That means winning two out of three games at UCLA, at Oregon State, and vs Cal, along with a win against Pac 10 whipping boy Wazzu.

Out: Washington State. A one win season to back up a two win season looms.
    There are 12 games in a season these days. It's possible Cal could go 10-2, but they still have to play Arizona and Stanford so there is a good chance they might lose another game or 2.

I think Stanford can steal a win against Cal and/or Notre Dame.

I don't see Arizona State reaching eligibility...Washington won't...UCLA could, but the way they've played since the Tennessee game, I wouldn't count on it.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I think Stanford can steal a win against Cal and/or Notre Dame.

I don't see Arizona State reaching eligibility...Washington won't...UCLA could, but the way they've played since the Tennessee game, I wouldn't count on it.

Just my .02
    I hope to god Stanford can upset Oregon.....i can wish
    ^^^Props to MJ-BULLS for the userbar!

Sig bet with IvyPickin87(Also an Avatar bet with Hawkize31): Arizona WILL beat Iowa on 09/18/10
    Sig bet with Windycityflyer and Dewsox79: The Cubs WILL have a better record in 2010 than the white sox

I still foresee Stanford making a bowl, I think they could definitely pull an upset on Cal and maybe even Notre Dame.

UCLa I still sway back and forth on. I honestly believe their games against aSU and Washington are toss ups, they still have more hope than both those teams on making a bowl I just don't know if they'll beat both.

Sig Bet Record: 1-0

YOU'RE SPOILED

It can go either way for UCLA, but they played well against a good Oregon State team in Corvallas. Remember, they gave Oregon more than they could handle for a half in Pasadena. UCLA is 4-0 S/U at home against Washington and 3-1 S/U against ASU. I like their chances a lot more than I do ASU's and Stanford's. UCLA will not have to pull an upset to win 6 games. ASU and Stanford will.

This weeks update. There are now 6 PAc 10 teams eligable for bowl play and a 7th knocking on the door. The eligables:

Arizona, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, USC.

UCLA needs only to win at Washington State and at home againt Arizona State to qualify.

Now the problem becomes what do you do with these teams? The Pac 10 has 6 bowl tie-ins. If Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl and USC runs the table and gets a BCS bid, the problem is solved, but if only one Pac 10 school gets a BCS bid, someone may get left out of the bowl sceene. That someone would probably be UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by tbo41fan View Post
    I hope to god Stanford can upset Oregon.....i can wish
    damn im good!

^^^Props to MJ-BULLS for the userbar!

Sig bet with IvyPickin87(Also an Avatar bet with Hawkize31): Arizona WILL beat Iowa on 09/18/10
    Sig bet with Windycityflyer and Dewsox79: The Cubs WILL have a better record in 2010 than the white sox

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This weeks update. There are now 6 PAc 10 teams eligable for bowl play and a 7th knocking on the door. The eligables:

Arizona, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, USC.

UCLA needs only to win at Washington State and at home againt Arizona State to qualify.

Now the problem becomes what do you do with these teams? The Pac 10 has 6 bowl tie-ins. If Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl and USC runs the table and gets a BCS bid, the problem is solved, but if only one Pac 10 school gets a BCS bid, someone may get left out of the bowl sceene. That someone would probably be UCLA.
    With Oregon losing, and USC with 2 losses, I don't know if I see the Pac 10 getting 2 BCS bids.

But with Ohio State crushing Iowa, and Iowa losing to NW, I don't see the Big 10 getting 2 either. I don't see the Big 12, or ACC, or Big East getting 2, so maybe USC squeeks.

Right now the bowl picture shapes up this way. Texas vs Alabama/Florida in the BCS Championship game. Oregon vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. Cincinnati vs Alabama/Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Ga. Tech vs blank in the Orange Bowl. Blank vs blank in the Fiesta Bowl. That is a lot of blanks to fill in. TCU will get one of those spots if they run the table. The BCS really does not want a second non-BCS school if they can help it. USC travels well, and Glendale Arizona is reachable by car. Their opposition? I have heard Iowa, Penn State again, or Boise State. But anything can, and probably will happen, so stay tuned.