12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • No

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Oregon reinstates Blount

Suspended running back LeGarrette Blount has been reinstated by the Oregon Ducks.

Blount was suspended for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout in the aftermath of Oregon's season-opening loss to the Broncos. He was suspended for the season by Kelly the next day, but allowed to continue practicing with the team.

Kelly later announced that Blount could be reinstated if he met certain conditions.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4637797

good move... he served his time and must have met extreme requirements for kelly to deem him ok to rejoin the team.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    **** you and your quick internet reflexes...I was getting ready to post this with a poll and everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    **** you and your quick internet reflexes...I was getting ready to post this with a poll and everything.
    **** you and your TM powers that allow you to ad a poll to my thread, ya commie bastard!!!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Yes, but only because he was allowed to practice and still did despite being suspended for the year.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Oregon realizes they have a good team and a chance at winning the pac10 this year.
    Gee, I wonder why they reinstated him. Should have did that last week

vCash
    ....but all hell would break loose if Dez could come back.
    lr is cooler than you

vCash
    Different scenario I believe. He was suspended by the NCAA nor Oklahoma State.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Well ... I suppose if a certain linebacker on a certain team can only get suspended for one game for trying to blind somebody then Blount can more than certainly come back for reacting to taunting.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Oregon realizes they have a good team and a chance at winning the pac10 this year.
    Gee, I wonder why they reinstated him. Should have did that last week
    No offense, but I dont think that has anything to do with it.

If it did he would have been back prior to the USC game, and they definitely would have brought him back for the Stanford game, which was the "earliest" he could come back.

I have quite a bit of respect for Oregon. Both for this and for going to Boise.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Great move, the fella served his time.

On the other note, Bryant should be reinstated as well. The NCAA is just so stupid.

vCash
    Absolutely the wrong move. They should have tought this guy a lesson and not let him play. ABSOLUTELY did Oregon having a chance to win the Pac-10 influence this decision. Oh well he is reinstated though so hopefully he has leraned his lesson (I mean this was only like his 8th infraction for behavioral problems since high school). So maybe THIS TIME he'll not screw up and behave....LOL WTFE

vCash
    If he was suspended 1,2,3 or whatever games, then not a big deal.

But you don't suspend a guy "for the rest of the season" then allow him to come back with 2-3 games to play. Just makes no sense.

I'm not saying what he did deserves a year long suspension. I thought it was ridiculous to begin with. But it just looks horrible to all the sudden allow him to play the last couple games. I guarantee it has to do with the fact oregon has a chance to win the Pac10.

Not a big deal to me though. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

vCash
    I said when this first happened, they should have suspended him indefiniatly. That way they could do something like this and it not be so controversial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I said when this first happened, they should have suspended him indefiniatly. That way they could do something like this and it not be so controversial.
    Eh I dont know. The fact that he was suspended for the year yet still practiced still went to class still did all that. Shows he was willing to do all of that just to be part of the team and pray for a chance.

Suspending him indefinitely kinda says well we will bring him back whenever we please, and him going to class and practice is just going through the motions.

At least thats my opinion.
    Free Doug

vCash
    No because he'd still have to do all those things to show that he still wants to be apart of the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast