0 0%
  • Seattle Mariners

0 0%
Page 104 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 15732

Thread: Trash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Amazins View Post
    Sorry but you just CANNOT put a guy like Heyward or Strasburg in because we dont even know what they can do in a full season. I know these guys have the most arbitration because they just got calledup but no way in hell a guy like Heyward can net you MORE then a D-Wright. Pedroia @ 5 is a JOKE. Wright should most def. be ahead of guys like Rasmus and Braun.

Top 10 without a doubt and thats including contract and all and Im not being biased but Wright is a top 5 player in the majors and he doesnt get an insane amount of money while still being fairly young.
    Maybe some teams would not like the fact David Wright has 100 K's in 92 games. His K rate is going up year by year. Then again he would be a good fit with Arizona where all they do is swing for homers or miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Suck View Post
    How many Mvp's has Zimmerman won? Maybe once he gets one then he might be as good as Pedroia.
    How many MVP's should Pedroia have won. Thats right zero

vCash
    No Miguel Cabrera= no list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Amazins View Post
    Sorry but you just CANNOT put a guy like Heyward or Strasburg in because we dont even know what they can do in a full season. I know these guys have the most arbitration because they just got calledup but no way in hell a guy like Heyward can net you MORE then a D-Wright. Pedroia @ 5 is a JOKE. Wright should most def. be ahead of guys like Rasmus and Braun.

Top 10 without a doubt and thats including contract and all and Im not being biased but Wright is a top 5 player in the majors and he doesnt get an insane amount of money while still being fairly young.
    He doesn't get an insane amount of money but over the next 6 years he'll probably make 60+ million more than guys like Strasburg and Heyward.

Put it this way, if the Nats were to put Strasburg on the trading block imagine how much it would take to get him.

There's no way they would trade him straight up for anyone else on that list.

It's called "Trade Value," not "Who's Better".

How many Mvp's has Zimmerman won? Maybe once he gets one then he might be as good as Pedroia.

Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    No Miguel Cabrera= no list.
    Why? The dude makes over 20 million each season, that's way too much especially when he begins to decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Per Dave Cameron - Fangraphs

So what do you think?

Not a bad list, got alot of the right players up there, but the order is pretty screwed up. Now way is Heyward number 2, top 50 yes, top 5 no. David Price should be much higher on this list. Also, Cano and Zimmerman should have much more value than Pedroia, matter of fact Pedroia should not be in the top 10, plus Phil Hughes and Ubaldo Jimenez should be higher on this list as well. Love that you have Pujols here, despite his short contract and big money, the guy is the best player in baseball and can single handedly change a team, matter of fact he should be higher on this list, because teams would really give up the farm for this guy if he was available. Hanley should be number 2. David Wright should not be that high. I'd say 20 - 25 is a better spot for him. Pitching is more valuable than hitting, gotta respect the pitchers more, King Felix should be higher on this list as well.
    Last edited by JonnyBrav000; 07-20-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Check out the Pecks, the Abs are made of steel... This is the real life Johnny B.
    By the way, the hat is Brooklyn, not Boston, sorry Bean Heads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    The only player with a higher WAR in the AL that year was Sizemore, and the Indians were a .500 team that year. So yes, he did deserve that MVP.

Pedroia is a 5-6 WAR player signed until 2015 on an inexpensive contract. Not a stretch at all to have him #5. The only player with a strong argument to be ahead of him is Zimmerman

vCash

Yea, Pedroia did not deserve the MVp that season, he's not even the best player on his team (Youk is) and Morneau had a way better year that season, but it's known that many of the baseball writers are Red Sox homers so they gave it to him.

It's pathetic how can a .314 avg and 14 hrs and less than 100 RBI get you an MVP???? Ridiculous. I bet you he will never even finish in the top 5 for MVP voting again.
    Check out the Pecks, the Abs are made of steel... This is the real life Johnny B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    The only player with a higher WAR in the AL that year was Sizemore, and the Indians were a .500 team that year. So yes, he did deserve that MVP.

Pedroia is a 5-6 WAR player signed until 2015 on an inexpensive contract. Not a stretch at all to have him #5. The only player with a strong argument to be ahead of him is Zimmerman
    I'm tired of these dumb stats, don't get why some guys get all wet about WAR. Point is Pedroia would not net you as much as guys like Cano, Zimmerman, Felix Hernandez, David Price, Hanley Ramirez, Albert Pujols, Josh Johnson, Ubaldo Jimenez, Stephen Strasburg, Jon Lester, Clayton Kershaw, and Tim Lincecum in a trade, and thats off the top of my head. No way, would you get as much in return for Pedroia for guys like these, and thats 12 players and I may have missed a few names to go out in front of this guy. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but he is not an MVP type of guy, even though he stole the award once. Trust me, he will never steal another one again.
    Last edited by JonnyBrav000; 07-20-2010 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBrav000 View Post
    Yea, Pedroia did not deserve the MVp that season, he's not even the best player on his team (Youk is) and Morneau had a way better year that season, but it's known that many of the baseball writers are Red Sox homers so they gave it to him.

It's pathetic how can a .314 avg and 14 hrs and less than 100 RBI get you an MVP???? Ridiculous. I bet you he will never even finish in the top 5 for MVP voting again.
    Because average, hr's, and RBI are a great way to evaluate a player.

Morneau: .369 wOBA, 3.7 WAR
    Pedroia: .382 wOBA, 6.6 WAR

Yeah, Morneau was way better that season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Because average, hr's, and RBI are a great way to evaluate a player.

Morneau: .369 wOBA, 3.7 WAR
    Pedroia: .382 wOBA, 6.6 WAR

Yeah, Morneau was way better that season
    Your using fangraphs WAR which completely overvalues his season

BR WAR has it:

Pedroia: 5.2
    Mauer: 8.7
    A-Rod: 5.4
    Youk: 5.5

Mauer or A-Rod should have won it

Goffstown,New Hampshire, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBrav000 View Post
    I'm tired of these dumb stats, don't get why some guys get all wet about WAR. Point is Pedroia would not net you as much as guys like Cano, Zimmerman, Felix Hernandez, David Price, Hanley Ramirez, Albert Pujols, Josh Johnson, Ubaldo Jimenez, Stephen Strasburg, Jon Lester, Clayton Kershaw, and Tim Lincecum in a trade, and thats off the top of my head. No way, would you get as much in return for Pedroia for guys like these, and thats 12 players and I may have missed a few names to go out in front of this guy. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but he is not an MVP type of guy, even though he stole the award once. Trust me, he will never steal another one again.
    I'm tired of people ignoring stats that prove an argument. Your post lacks anything worth debating.

What a shock, a Red Sox wins MVP and its the one voting race people continue to ***** and moan about. He deserved it, move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    I'm tired of people ignoring stats that prove an argument. Your post lacks anything worth debating.

What a shock, a Red Sox wins MVP and its the one voting race people continue to ***** and moan about. He deserved it, move on.
    It wouldn't have been so bad if Youk won, who deserved it more then Ped

vCash
    I'll take Pedroia's MVP in the AL East every time.

vCash
    It wouldn't have been so bad if Youk won, who deserved it more then Ped
    Youk carried the middle of our order for much of that season, he was definitely up there as a canidate. I have a feeling people would be crying about that also.

vCash
    haha haters gonna hate on pedroia

World Series winner, MVP, ROY, awesome 2B, and signed at a cheap contract equals enormous trade value

oh hard worker and doesnt complain
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all