Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

TNT Picks Up Southland

UPDATE, 9:12 a.m.: A rep for TNT just told us: "As with all of our series, TNT will evaluate the performance of Southland before deciding whether to order more episodes."

________

Anyone who watched the final season of The O.C. knows that Benjamin McKenzie is a true (hot, sweaty and scantily clad) fighter.

And now his new, much-ballyhooed police drama Southland is living to fight another day.

A TNT rep just confirmed to us that the cable network has picked up NBC's not-so-sloppy seconds and will air Southland in the new year. The series, from ER's John Wells and also starring Regina King and Tom Everett Scott, received acclaim from critics and fans alike before NBC pulled the plug on production last month.

Starting Jan. 12, TNT will debut the six episodes of the sophomore season of Southland that never aired, along with seven episodes of the previously aired first season. It will air opposite Jay Leno in the 10 p.m. slot.

All this sounds pretty fantastic, but here's the crappy gray lining:

There is no mention anywhere at this time of TNT producing more episodes of Southland, so it seems this is only a temporary reprieve. Sources contend that the series would cost a pretty penny, by TNT standards, to continue. We're waiting to hear the official word on that from TNT, so stand by...

Of course, this begs the question: Is it worth investing more time in a TV show that might go away after only six more eps? Tough call, right? Comment below.
    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...imdb_tv-movies

Great news, IMO. I was a huge fan of the show. TNT doesn't strike me as the appropriate home for this series, but hey at the very least we're getting to see what NBC had put forth in terms of an effort of a second season.

Hopefully it does well and finds its way to FX, back to NBC or TNT keeps it going along with its gritty hard-nosed style.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I liked the show and hopefully someone else picks it up. NBC is making some poor decisions. Like letting this show go and keeping Leno for 5 days a week in the prime time slot.
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    TNT is up there with FX and AMC anyways. My fiancee watches a lot of the shows on TNT and they are pretty edgy shows.

Last edited by Ian.; 01-13-2010 at 02:12 AM.
    I'm In.

vCash
    bumpity bump for watching it right now.

vCash
    I thought Southland was pretty good, I was pissed when NBC yanked it. I hope TNT does somehow order new episodes.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    i loved the show. i found it highly entertaining and highly edgy. NBC made a bad move but hopefully TNT will do wonders with it

vCash
    I was surprised at how good this way.

vCash
    Wait, did it air a new episode? I got back from a birthday dinner and was watching it but it was either Ep 1 or Ep 2 from the opening season. I'll have to OnDemand it if there was a new one... Kind of hoping with this whole Jay Leno ****ing up NBC but going back to late-night that NBC will buy it back perhaps, TNT is a decent network but I think it would be better off on a major station, or at least FX.

vCash
    No, it was the first episode of the 1st season if I'm not mistaken.

vCash
    I havent seen this show yet but is it comparable to The Shield in anyway?

vCash
    I really liked this show and was disappointed when NBC took it off the air. When does it start back up on TNT??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Wait, did it air a new episode? I got back from a birthday dinner and was watching it but it was either Ep 1 or Ep 2 from the opening season. I'll have to OnDemand it if there was a new one... Kind of hoping with this whole Jay Leno ****ing up NBC but going back to late-night that NBC will buy it back perhaps, TNT is a decent network but I think it would be better off on a major station, or at least FX.
    TNT is not much different then FX. They'll be able to say ****. The s-word.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I've heard good things about this show and it seems like people on here are also enjoying it, I have to tune in one of these days and watch it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    TNT is not much different then FX. They'll be able to say ****. The s-word.
    I guess I could see them being considered close to an extent, but I always felt FX is much grittier in what they put out there. FX: Rescue Me, The Shield, SoA, Nip/Tuck, Damages as opposed to TNT who really airs stuff like The Closer, Raising the Bar, Leverage, HawthoRNe, Men of a Certain Age.

Won't really hurt Southland, just thought FX would've been the perfect home once NBC ****ed 'em over.

vCash
    So anyone catch the first episode of the new season? It premiered last Tuesday. I thought it was a solid start. I thought that crowd was gonna start rioting!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast