Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colorado Avalanche? For real?

My two favorite sports Hockey and Football.

Broncos(I thought were going to blow this year with 99% of the rest of the country thinking the same thing. They end up being undefeated going into the 8th week.

Avalanche: Were projected by most to be the worst team in the NHL this year, they are currently tied for the most points in the league? Adding to that they beat up on Detroit twice in 2 games hehe :P

What do you guys think? Are they for real or is it too early to tell?

I think its early but not too early.

They are playing great behind a guy who is playing out of his mind in Craig Anderson.

Aside from Anderson they have 38 goals, the teams is really playing well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go through a few rough stretches but I gotta say they are for real. Maybe not for real to lead the West or Division but I gotta think they could make a push for a playoff spot on how they have played so far.

When I look at their depth chart I see a really really good first line in Hejduk-Stastny-Wolski. I am not sure on their depth but I guess we'll see. I hope Ryan Stoa makes his way into the lineup on a consistent basis.
    Mitch Hedberg Quote of the Month
    Every time I walk by a spy shop I think, I need to put some surveillance on somebody. Rick's been acting fishy. I need to buy a little camera. I need to buy a safe that looks like a Coca-Cola can. Or better yet, a safe that looks like a Spray and Wash can. That would create better situations. 'Hey Mitch, can I use the Spray and Wash?' 'Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!'

i sure hope theyre for real..but boods hasnt played yet so theres some losses to be had

What's been going on with the king Wolski? He's been blowing it in the shootouts

Anderson is for real and thus the Avs are.

Its too early......10 games.......

they will make the playoffs imo, will they be leading the conference no but will make it somewhere between 6th-8th seed

Quote Originally Posted by Svoluch View Post
    My two favorite sports Hockey and Football.

Broncos(I thought were going to blow this year with 99% of the rest of the country thinking the same thing. They end up being undefeated going into the 8th week.

Avalanche: Were projected by most to be the worst team in the NHL this year, they are currently tied for the most points in the league? Adding to that they beat up on Detroit twice in 2 games hehe :P

What do you guys think? Are they for real or is it too early to tell?
    Go Broncos!

It is early in the season however bad teams don't open up a season that on fire to just play like they did last year. They will have their slumps but they are a much better team than last year and it is not out of the question to say they could make the playoffs.
    Philadelphia Flyers: 22-19-3 45 pts 9th Eastern Conf.
    Philadelphia Eagles: *Offseason*
    Philadelphia Phillies: *Offseason*Back to Back NL Champions, Welcome Roy Halladay
    Philadelphia 76ers: 10-26 but AI is back
    The Pennsylvania State University: #11 Capital One Bowl 19-17 PSU 11-2
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=56313&dateline=126021  0721 10G 16A 26P

I think this team is for real, i mean they have a great goalie, they have a solid offense with WOLSKI 1 of my favorite players, STASTNY, DUCHENE,Hejduk,TUCKER,O'REILLY. They have some solide def. like Quincey, John-Michael Liles, and Clark but i think they still need a complete def.

Anderson keeps making GM's look stupid...the guy supposedly didn't get any calls from any teams, he had to go looking for a job and he's looked great. I get this feeling that the Avs are going to be that team where all year I say oh there just on a nice run, they'll have a bad record by seasons end meanwhile they'll probably make the playoffs lol.

I sure hope so, they have been fun to watch so far. That's more than you can say about last season.

I don't think they're for real

I think they might just be for real, Anderson made like 40 saves against the Red Wings yesterday and only let one goal in. If he can keep up that play I'm pretty sure the Avs have enough fire power to win some more games.

48 saves to be exact..and 20 on the powerplay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast