Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,304
    vCash
    1500

    Roster Set up/Settings?

    Do you all like the current roster configuration?

    2 pg/sg/sf/pf/c + 3 utils?

    do you want me to change anything? reduce the roster amount, increase the roster amount, change the positions?

    any issues u have with the rosters, please post here.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    What are "utils"??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,304
    vCash
    1500
    utility spot. any body can be in that spot.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    utility spot. any body can be in that spot.
    Oh, cool. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Do you all like the current roster configuration?

    2 pg/sg/sf/pf/c + 3 utils?

    do you want me to change anything? reduce the roster amount, increase the roster amount, change the positions?

    any issues u have with the rosters, please post here.
    No issues

    Most of the leagues I have played in have had 2pg/2sg/sf/pf/c 1 utility

    I think three utilities is good though so I would keep it the way you have it. It will make the draft and daily line up changes more interesting.

    You will have the option with the three utilities to play 5 pg/sg if you need more assists or five pf/c if you need rebounds.

    With so many positions and only twelve teams I might consider increasing roster size though.......wait what are rosters capped at now?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,304
    vCash
    1500
    17 i think. 13 starters, 4 bench players. You think i should increase the bench size?
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    I start to think,"This is gonna be pretty fun" and then I read stuff that you guys are talking about and think,"I'm in over my head ". HAHA

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    17 i think. 13 starters, 4 bench players. You think i should increase the bench size?
    Well the only benefit I see to that is more players to get in the games on a daily/weekly basis. With only twelve teams we should have enough players to have twenty on a team..........man scoring and everything is going to be nuts if we did that. I think it would be fun though to tell you the truth.

    I have never had a fantasy bb league with twenty players. I have never been in one with only twelve teams either so your call basically. It would make people have to pay more attention to who is starting, injured and who is available to pick up if a starter goes down/bench player gets hot.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I start to think,"This is gonna be pretty fun" and then I read stuff that you guys are talking about and think,"I'm in over my head ". HAHA
    Once we draft and get the teams set and you substitute players and stuff you will get it. It really is not that difficult you look and see who has a game that day/week and plug them into a position. The better the player does the better stats your team gets.

    I am not sure how the interface is with ESPN but I know with Yahoo it was real simple. I am assuming looking at ESPN's set up it should be similar.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Once we draft and get the teams set and you substitute players and stuff you will get it. It really is not that difficult you look and see who has a game that day/week and plug them into a position. The better the player does the better stats your team gets.

    I am not sure how the interface is with ESPN but I know with Yahoo it was real simple. I am assuming looking at ESPN's set up it should be similar.
    I pray it's a easy as you say it is. ray:

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I pray it's a easy as you say it is. ray:
    If you end up having issues just post in the forum here. I am sure either myself or someone else will answer any questions ASAP.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Well the only benefit I see to that is more players to get in the games on a daily/weekly basis. With only twelve teams we should have enough players to have twenty on a team..........man scoring and everything is going to be nuts if we did that. I think it would be fun though to tell you the truth.

    I have never had a fantasy bb league with twenty players. I have never been in one with only twelve teams either so your call basically. It would make people have to pay more attention to who is starting, injured and who is available to pick up if a starter goes down/bench player gets hot.
    aite, i'll consider increasing the bench positions. It's not like we have to set it up so that we're forced to draft the bottom feeders, though.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,660
    vCash
    1500
    I think one extra bench spot would be nice.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,304
    vCash
    1500
    k, thanks for input. will change it now.

    edit: just added 2 bn spots
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 10-21-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    If you end up having issues just post in the forum here. I am sure either myself or someone else will answer any questions ASAP.
    I'm sure I'll using that to my full advantage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •