Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Alright so I've been giving this some thought for a couple of weeks now and figured I'd post my idea so you guys can help me out with this...

What do yo guys think about starting a friendly competition amongst ourselves? It will be kinda like a motivational thing to help us work harder in the gym which ultimately will only lead to positive gains for all of us?

The point where I'm stuck at is trying to figure out what the actual goal would be since we all are in this for different reasons (some the same). Some guys are trying to tone up while other are trying to bulk up.

Should we seperate this into different categories such as goals or weight class? Or how about head to head with someone for a month? Obviously this will not be an "in person" competition, just a friendly bet between PSD buddies

We could compete for sigs, loser has to change their sig to whatever the winner wants it to be (within reason of course).

For this competition to be successful, we will have to post pics and bios.

Well that was my idea, anyone interested in trying to get this done? If so, I'll need help to organize it and figure out how this competition will be done.

Hope my idea was not too far fetched, lemme know what ya think!
    Sounds cool, I'm down for some competition. Maybe it could work if it were separated into goals, like a numbers game you know? Like for example: I want to gain 10lbs of muscle and so does someone else. We can make a deadline to have it done and make a sig bet.

vCash
    Alright so I've been giving this some thought for a couple of weeks now and figured I'd post my idea so you guys can help me out with this...

What do yo guys think about starting a friendly competition amongst ourselves? It will be kinda like a motivational thing to help us work harder in the gym which ultimately will only lead to positive gains for all of us?

The point where I'm stuck at is trying to figure out what the actual goal would be since we all are in this for different reasons (some the same). Some guys are trying to tone up while other are trying to bulk up.

Should we seperate this into different categories such as goals or weight class? Or how about head to head with someone for a month? Obviously this will not be an "in person" competition, just a friendly bet between PSD buddies

We could compete for sigs, loser has to change their sig to whatever the winner wants it to be (within reason of course).

For this competition to be successful, we will have to post pics and bios.

Well that was my idea, anyone interested in trying to get this done? If so, I'll need help to organize it and figure out how this competition will be done.

Hope my idea was not too far fetched, lemme know what ya think!
    If you really wanna make it interesting youd get money involved, but thats probably too much hassle.

I think as you said the biggest problem with something like this is that everybody has different goals in mind.

What we could possibly do is vote on whats most impressive but i dunno how that would work.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    I'd definitely be down for the gaining lbs of muscle thing.

vCash
    2 categories...either bulking up, or getting cut.

Upload pics and after 1 month upload new pics. Most improvement wins.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    2 categories...either bulking up, or getting cut.

Upload pics and after 1 month upload new pics. Most improvement wins.

The only issue I have with the bulking category is the weight class. Somone like me who weighs in at 200lbs would look bulkier than someone who is 170lbs.

We're gonna need to tweak this out better but I'm glad we're at least all on board for this (so far). I'm waiting for Jetsforever, Rawz & BKDoublestaker to give their inputs as well.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Only had like 40 min to workout today, so i did arms...first time in 3 weeks. Bi's are so useless.

The only issue I have with the bulking category is the weight class. Somone like me who weighs in at 200lbs would look bulkier than someone who is 170lbs.

We're gonna need to tweak this out better but I'm glad we're at least all on board for this (so far). I'm waiting for Jetsforever, Rawz & BKDoublestaker to give their inputs as well.
    We aren't going to base it on who is bulkier, but more who looks better at the end of their one month on a bulk bases on their "before" pic.

vCash
    Only a few hours away from hitting the gym, I'm a bit torn though because by the time I wake up in the afternoon, the Giants-Eagles game will be on followed by the Viking-Packers game. What to do! what to do? lol

vCash
    I'm trying to gain mass muscle over getting cut, should I just stop running and focus and weights (I'm trying to put weight on first then get fitter)

vCash
    Only a few hours away from hitting the gym, I'm a bit torn though because by the time I wake up in the afternoon, the Giants-Eagles game will be on followed by the Viking-Packers game. What to do! what to do? lol
    Obviously watch the Pack/Vikings.

vCash
    to hung over for the gym today

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Obviously watch the Pack/Vikings.
    I decided to stay home and watch the games today. Just finished watching the G-Men getting their ***** handed to them. Now I'm hoping Rodgers puts up some good numbers and takes down Vikings.Then @8pm, it's onto the Yankees!!!

Oh what a beautiful day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrizzleBear View Post
    I'm trying to gain mass muscle over getting cut, should I just stop running and focus and weights (I'm trying to put weight on first then get fitter)
    When I was bulking, I went from 175lbs to 215lbs over a year and a half. I didn't do any cardio in the gym at all but I did play flag football and softball at least once a week. Basically, i seperated my weight lifting from my cardio. I wouldn't advise cutting cardio entirely because you will find yourself out of breath easily as you put on the mass and have to walk a flight or two of stairs.

vCash
    Sweet victory for the Yankees! Worth staying home for. Gonna do some circuit training tomorrow, gonna try something a little different.

vCash
    havent lifting in a while.. just think i was burnt out...

but, i am going at it again thursday( i work mon, tues, wed, night.).. back at it... will do circuit training thursday, to get soreness out, then take 1-2 days off, then go to a 4-5 days split...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    havent lifting in a while.. just think i was burnt out...

but, i am going at it again thursday( i work mon, tues, wed, night.).. back at it... will do circuit training thursday, to get soreness out, then take 1-2 days off, then go to a 4-5 days split...
    Rawz, take a look at page 4, I posted something you might be interested in (or the first post on this page, I was quoted).

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast