Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    It all depends on what your looking to accomplish, are you looking to put on mass or go for the cut up look? If your looking to put on mass then you'll need to do at least two heavy sets. Do not by any means do all your sets to failure.

Your order is fine, I too start with Incline presses, but then I do flat bench secondly followed by declines. I also end my chest day with dips because dips also work out the lower region of the chest giving you that inner crease between the pecs.

In terms of sets, you can do the 5x5 routine where you push up the same amount of weight 5 times and for 5 sets. If you are able to complete the 5x5 successfully, then it's time to increase the weights.
    Thanks, man. I'm gonna bump up the weight and try the 5x5 routine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I usually drink two or three full glasses of milk a day. Is that enough?

I think it was more of a tweak than a cramp. Probably from doing a pretty rough workout when I haven't done **** for some time.
    P90X is the bomb.

Insanity is even awesomer(especially cause it finishes so fast)

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Good Luck! I hope you go far in Baseball! I didn't make it past college due to Asthma conditions
    thank you! and sorry to hear about that.. my dads baseball career was cut short due to a child.. its just ashame some people don't reach full potential

ive had anywhere from d3 schools in the middle of rural Pennsylvania to the University of Michigan contact me.. so we'll see

i really want to play out west, SoCal or Florida/ south in general.. Id love to play in the SEC

if anyone out there has connections that could maybe help me out thatd be awesome.. i will verbal to UCLA this instant if someone can get me ahold of there coach

EDIT: I see your from Florida, what part? I recently emailed a coach from West Palm Beach, a D2 school called Palm Beach Atlantic? know anything about it or maybe any other colleges.. id look to go to any school in florida.. literally. im thinking about possibly juco 2 years there as well.. I just need to find a place I feel comfortable with
    Last edited by SenecaValley46; 12-03-2009 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    Well for about five weeks now I've started a new training program for track. I had been doing running and some weight training since early September but now I'm getting into a lot of stability and agility training. Most of the stuff I do is one-legged, and then I'm doing a lot of drills and dynamic stretches. I've already made a lot of progress. In isolated hamstring lifts I've increased my strength by about 2.5 times, and my hamstring range of motion has increased from 55 degrees to 75.

I've been doing circuit training kind of stuff, and it has been a killer, but it's getting good results. Been doing a lot of one leg stuff on a Vertimax and other one legged squats and such. Also been doing a lot of knee drive stuff on a Kicker, and a lot of plyos and hamstring strengthening. Next week I'll be starting workouts on a Powerpull. You strap on a vest, and pull that behind you for sprints. A typical good workout is 4 sets of 4 reps of 40 meters, without about 45 seconds rest in between each rep, and about six minutes rest in between each set. It is a great way to train for power and speed.

The goal for me is to gain as much strength as possible while gaining little or no weight, so I'm not carrying bulk around the track for 400 meters.

It is going great, and I'm looking to make some good improvement in times this season.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    P90X is the bomb.

Insanity is even awesomer(especially cause it finishes so fast)
    Yeah, P90X is awesome, except when you pull your groin-ish.

I was stuck doing the ab ripper x workout today since I couldn't really squat or bend over.

I think I'm just going to stretch it out for the full 57 minutes tomorrow and take it a little easier in the videos. Been drinking an *** ton of water today and took some multivitamins to hopefully get this tightness to go away.

Every time I start a new workout after months off, I overdo it and hurt myself. Last time I pulled my bicep keeping up with regulars at the gym. Now, I pull my groin-ish doing P90X until I can hardly move.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Felt a lot better the past two weeks, Arms are looking good but havn't seen much growth in them lately. Just came back from a chest and back workout.

vCash

I was stuck doing the ab ripper x workout today since I couldn't really squat or bend over.

I think I'm just going to stretch it out for the full 57 minutes tomorrow and take it a little easier in the videos. Been drinking an *** ton of water today and took some multivitamins to hopefully get this tightness to go away.

Every time I start a new workout after months off, I overdo it and hurt myself. Last time I pulled my bicep keeping up with regulars at the gym. Now, I pull my groin-ish doing P90X until I can hardly move.
    Which workout did you get hurt doing?

The hardest one is probably Plyometrics X, it really knocks you out the first time. Took me around an hour and a half the first time but the next one i was able to do it with them.

Keep up with the X though, its really good stuff.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    The Core video did a number on me. The squats did it.
    I'm In.

vCash
    just tried the Ab Ripper X and boy were you guys right...gonna skip the gym tonight in favor of going running with a friend. but dont worry any fat lost will be gained back in the form of beer tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    thank you! and sorry to hear about that.. my dads baseball career was cut short due to a child.. its just ashame some people don't reach full potential

ive had anywhere from d3 schools in the middle of rural Pennsylvania to the University of Michigan contact me.. so we'll see

i really want to play out west, SoCal or Florida/ south in general.. Id love to play in the SEC

if anyone out there has connections that could maybe help me out thatd be awesome.. i will verbal to UCLA this instant if someone can get me ahold of there coach

EDIT: I see your from Florida, what part? I recently emailed a coach from West Palm Beach, a D2 school called Palm Beach Atlantic? know anything about it or maybe any other colleges.. id look to go to any school in florida.. literally. im thinking about possibly juco 2 years there as well.. I just need to find a place I feel comfortable with

I'm out in Clearwater which is right outside of the Tampa Bay area. The closest college to me is USF. They do have a Baseball program.

West Palm Beach is beautiful, I have a friend out there. It's about 4 hours from me.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash

Dude, I tore my left groin muscle about 4 years ago playing handball. It prolly was the worse pain I ever felt. I was out of commission for 4 months. I couldn't walk normally much less workout or play sports. It was the worse 4 months of my life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrizzleBear View Post
    Felt a lot better the past two weeks, Arms are looking good but havn't seen much growth in them lately. Just came back from a chest and back workout.
    Try switching up your arm routine if your not seeing gains. If you start a day with an arm workout, then try switching it to the end of your workout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    Well for about five weeks now I've started a new training program for track. I had been doing running and some weight training since early September but now I'm getting into a lot of stability and agility training. Most of the stuff I do is one-legged, and then I'm doing a lot of drills and dynamic stretches. I've already made a lot of progress. In isolated hamstring lifts I've increased my strength by about 2.5 times, and my hamstring range of motion has increased from 55 degrees to 75.

I've been doing circuit training kind of stuff, and it has been a killer, but it's getting good results. Been doing a lot of one leg stuff on a Vertimax and other one legged squats and such. Also been doing a lot of knee drive stuff on a Kicker, and a lot of plyos and hamstring strengthening. Next week I'll be starting workouts on a Powerpull. You strap on a vest, and pull that behind you for sprints. A typical good workout is 4 sets of 4 reps of 40 meters, without about 45 seconds rest in between each rep, and about six minutes rest in between each set. It is a great way to train for power and speed.

The goal for me is to gain as much strength as possible while gaining little or no weight, so I'm not carrying bulk around the track for 400 meters.

It is going great, and I'm looking to make some good improvement in times this season.
    Welcome back Hoggin!

Those power pulls look serious! You gotta fill us in on your progress!

vCash
    Got Softball practice @9AM and then crashin on the couch and watchin Football for the rest of the day.

vCash
    Hi-Intensity Yoga-30 minutes
    600 push ups in 15 minutes
    Shadow boxing over an hour(got really into it because of the Martinez/Williams fight where Martinez should of easily got the victory)
    90 pull ups in 7 minutes

I got a lot of energy today, I ate really well...I'm going to finish it off with some plyo's and do 15 minute core training and call it a day. I'm preparing my whole body for this weeks workout..should be fun, lets see how it goes.

Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast