Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Forgot to show up for Jury Duty....

I was supposed to show up for a Jury Duty summons and totally forgot about it until today. It was like 3 weeks ago and I was looking through some old mail and found it and immediately had a moment.

I plan on going down there tommorrow and trying to get things figured out. Does anybody have any experiences about missing Jury Duty or failing to show up?

vCash
    lol...oh noes you will get teh deff penalty!

I would be interested in seeing what happens, though. Keep us posted!

vCash
    expect to receive a blindfold and a cigarette.

vCash
    Sure this happens alot...maybe a small fine or something?

vCash
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...-duty-dodgers/

Best guess is to just be clean about it as you said. I highly doubt they'll take any action against you if you're straight forward.

vCash
    I think in Tennessee they can give you $500 fine and up to 10 days in jail. But I think that is if you fail to respond to several attempts. I'm just gonna come clean and be honest hopefully they will understand that people make honest mistakes.

vCash
    If you go down there im sure they would reduce it if not eliminate it. Maybe ask if you can "make it up" if that would allow you to get out of it with no fine.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    You'll need a fake ID and some quick cash. Fly to Miami and then find someone to take you to Cuba.

Also, you should probably learn some spanish.

vCash
    Looks like it's time to learn to love the butt sex.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    uh you are screwed. you just earned yourself the lead "female" role in brokeback mountain 2

vCash
    I know a guy in here in Massachusetts that missed jury duty. He called in just like you were going to and he said they didn't give a ****. Nothing happened.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I know a guy in here in Massachusetts that missed jury duty. He called in just like you were going to and he said they didn't give a ****. Nothing happened.
    come on man go with the flow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    come on man go with the flow
    hooohooohahahahahooohooo nice girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I was supposed to show up for a Jury Duty summons and totally forgot about it until today. It was like 3 weeks ago and I was looking through some old mail and found it and immediately had a moment.

I plan on going down there tommorrow and trying to get things figured out. Does anybody have any experiences about missing Jury Duty or failing to show up?
    Seriously... You will be fine... Nothing is going to happen...

I missed Jury duty when they sent out the notice and I had to call in... but I will guarantee you this though... They will send you another Jurry Duty letter to appear in the future... If you miss the first one...and when you get the next Jurry Summons.. Its even going to say Delinquent on it..and that you MUST show... make sure that when they send you the next one that you appear..

The good thing about it was that my job paid me for being there I was there for about 1 hour tops before they said I didnt have to serve... got my get out of Jury duty letter for 6 years...but got paid a full days of work ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    uh you are screwed. you just earned yourself the lead "female" role in brokeback mountain 2
    Don't you mean Bareback Mountain?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast