• Shaun Hill

3 2.36%
  • Kyle Boller/ Marc Bulger

0 0%
  • Kurt Warner

2 1.57%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    the thread should be who is the 2nd best NFC QB. Brees is clearly the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    But Mcnabb had a career year last year. It takes most QB's a few years to really standout as they get into there prime. And Eli is just getting into his prime. look at his brother Peyton's 1st 5 years in the NFL they were not that much better then Eli.
    lets clear this up 2004 was mcnabb's best year. That comment about Eli's first 5 years being similar to Peytons in not true. In his first 5 years Eli had 0 4000 yards seasons. And Peyton had 4 in his first 5 year.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

vCash
    But Mcnabb had a career year last year. It takes most QB's a few years to really standout as they get into there prime. And Eli is just getting into his prime. look at his brother Peyton's 1st 5 years in the NFL they were not that much better then Eli.
    Do you actually read what I write at all? He didn't have a career year last year as he did that in 04 when they went to the superbowl (Little did we happen to actually give McNabb a number 1 WR and he put up those type of numbers). Yes I'm well aware it takes a few seasons for a QB to become an Elite QB but the difference between Peyton at the start and Eli at the start is the difference of teams around them. Not to mention that Peyton was simply better in those years too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Do you think that might have something to do with the fact he currently holds the NFL record for most career passing attempts?

if extra passing attempts equals more interceptions then maybe he should be more careful with the ball? hmm

vCash
    well every QB in NFL history has off days. what do you expect? I wasn't gonna try to say Eli was superman.

I just hope you get my drift. By the end of the year 2 current NFL QB's will be better then Eli. Peyton and Brees.
    then you shouldn't have said he will do well against any D that is thrown at him.

vCash
    whatever. I am not going to continue to argue.

But I will be back "EaglesJackson10" sig is proved correct. as he will do good against Saints next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Where does it say anything about me saying that they don't do that? Your just trying to make points to make Eli Manning look good. How about he actually plays good for more then a few games? Then we can actually put him into the debate.
    never said anything about Manning. It's cool though. I've seen Favre up close in the playoffs many times, many big interceptions, and I've seen many many many games where Mcnabb has been hurt and couldn't play. I'm just saying health and interceptions should be counted towards if a qb is good or not, don't you think ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan89 View Post
    Rodgers is underrated....he's playing good good with the worst o line in the league..but ELI is getting there with Brees
    Bet you I could find worse O-lines lol...i.e. Detroit, San Fran, etc.

By the way, I voted for Shaun Hill lol....top quarterback in my eyes...in San Fran

Soon...

vCash
    the thread should be who is the 2nd best NFC QB. Brees is clearly the best.
    I agree, when voted (for Brees), McNabb had like 5 votes, which I think caused Giants fans to vote for Eli to counter that.

Brees is the best in the NFC, McNabb is good, but he's not better than Brees.

To every QB in the NFL, welcome to your own personal hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Reasons View Post
    if extra passing attempts equals more interceptions then maybe he should be more careful with the ball? hmm
    Interceptions are a part of the game. It's only logical to assume a QB with more attempts will most likely have more INT's over the course of his career. I agree he has been careless with the ball at times over his career, but not necessarily this season, as he's 4th in the league in terms of INT's thrown.

vCash
    This is a joke right??? Eli is a little better than average as of now. He has a dominant defense. He has a dominant running game that the defenses are way more concerned about than Eli. He arguably has the best oline in the NFL protecting him. Eli is in the best spot he could be in to look good. While defenses are concerned with Jacobs, and Bradshaw it allows Eli to take advantage! Is it Eli that is making his receivers look good or is it Jacobs and the oline? Again Eli is not a bad qb he is better than average, but come on. Drew Brees is by far the best qb in the NFC. I would put Rodgers, Cutler, McNabb, Favre, Ryan, and possibly Warner ahead of Eli. (Warner does have elite receivers, but is a smarter qb than Eli and talent wise about the same giving him a slight edge) I rank Eli about the same as Hasselbeck.
    "Life is hard... life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
    Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Utah Utes, Texas Longhorns, Dallas Stars, and Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    Bet you I could find worse O-lines lol...i.e. Detroit, San Fran, etc.

By the way, I voted for Shaun Hill lol....top quarterback in my eyes...in San Fran
    I dont know Green Bays is very bad all three teams played Minnesota and none gave up more sacks to the Vikings than Green Bay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CNIELD View Post
    This is a joke right??? Eli is a little better than average as of now. He has a dominant defense. He has a dominant running game that the defenses are way more concerned about than Eli. He arguably has the best oline in the NFL protecting him. Eli is in the best spot he could be in to look good. While defenses are concerned with Jacobs, and Bradshaw it allows Eli to take advantage! Is it Eli that is making his receivers look good or is it Jacobs and the oline? Again Eli is not a bad qb he is better than average, but come on. Drew Brees is by far the best qb in the NFC. I would put Rodgers, Cutler, McNabb, Favre, Ryan, and possibly Warner ahead of Eli. (Warner does have elite receivers, but is a smarter qb than Eli and talent wise about the same giving him a slight edge) I rank Eli about the same as Hasselbeck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Interceptions are a part of the game. It's only logical to assume a QB with more attempts will most likely have more INT's over the course of his career. I agree he has been careless with the ball at times over his career, but not necessarily this season, as he's 4th in the league in terms of INT's thrown.

at times? he's near the top in picks every season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Reasons View Post
    never said anything about Manning. It's cool though. I've seen Favre up close in the playoffs many times, many big interceptions, and I've seen many many many games where Mcnabb has been hurt and couldn't play. I'm just saying health and interceptions should be counted towards if a qb is good or not, don't you think ?
    No but you probally brought those up to downgrade Favre and McNabb, thus would make Eli Manning look good. I'm sure you have seen Favre play often but for as many Big INTs he has had he has also had many big TD throws or big throws. Yes I've seen games where McNabb hasnt been able to play because of injury or the coaching staff keeping him out after injury when he probally could have played (KC Game). When did I say it didn't count?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast