Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Shannahan to the REDSKINS?!

I heard a rumor that Shannahan could be head coach of the redskins but i also heard a rumor that when shannahan left denver that he had a contract clause that said he wouldnt be allowed to coach for 2 years after leaving the broncos?
    Trick or Treat

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash

vCash
    In my opinion i think Shanny will go to Dallas after this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ18 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Shannahan could be head coach of the redskins but i also heard a rumor that when shannahan left denver that he had a contract clause that said he wouldnt be allowed to coach for 2 years after leaving the broncos?
    But wouldn't you think that there had to be something saying that if they fire him, it would void that clause.

vCash
    plus, Shanny is praying that Lovie ****s up so he can come coach us

vCash
    Shanahan turned them down again. I really think that he wants that Cowboys job.

Plus I think there's some sort of rule about collecting money from two teams at once. I don't remember exactly what it is, but he wouldn't be collecting his entire Denver salary + another team's salary. So he probably just wants to enjoy the time off & collect his Denver salary, and then go find another salary in a year or two (not sure how many more years he has Denver paying him).

vCash
    I say give Zorn this season and next... I know that isn't a popular opinion.

vCash
    1 more year after this one, I think if he signs a new deal it terminates the other contract. Mike would never go to a team in mid season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofangene View Post
    1 more year after this one, I think if he signs a new deal it terminates the other contract. Mike would never go to a team in mid season.
    Do you know Mike Shanahan personally? You not only call him by his first name, but you know what he would and wouldn't do.

Just messing around man.

vCash
    They wont bring in a coach with no knowledge of the teams current playbook in the middle of the season. If Zorn gets fired during the season someone will step in till at least the end.

If you bring in a new HC in the middle of the season the teams philosphy and playbook would change immediatly unless that coach decides to keep the playbook and accept failure by not making any changes to the problems. Therefore he wont be coming in until at least this upcoming offseason. No earlier.

Shanahan should be coaching though. I think his firing was needed. Not making a playoff appearance in 3 years and losing all 3 of their final 3 games when only one win was needed for a divison title, warrants a firing from my persepective. I dont care if a superbowl was won a decade earlier. I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" kind of fan. He should be remembered forever as a great coach for the broncos and brought them a superbowl... but that doesn't mean a change is should be avoided. And the good thing is their change has been working great for them.

vCash
    Good point Jetsfan.

vCash
    Mike Shanahan would be smart to turn that job down because he has the credentials to get a much better situation.

vCash
    He should try to revive the Raiders...

Kinsm is offline Kick'em when they're down
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ18 View Post
    From whom did you hear these rumors?

vCash
    Why do many people think he is going to Dallas?

I think he would be a good fit for them. Fix the defense and make them more physical. Run the ball more and be more conservative with Romo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast