Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Marty Turco

vCash

Marty Turco

Marty Turco has had some incredible seasons between the pipes for Dallas
    but he had a very sub-par last season and his first game this year resulted in two soft goals and a SO loss. Is Marty still the answer for the Stars?

vCash
    He's getting up there in age for sure. How's Alex Auld? From what I hear he's a good backup and would make a decent starter but I don't know if he's the answer.

vCash
    Yea Aulds a good back up he has kinda bounced around the league and challenged to be the number one guy in Florida and Ottawa. He also was Belfour's backup in florida a couple of years ago and was hospitalized while "horsing around" with Belfour, with suspicions that Belfour had assaulted him.

vCash
    who knows its goin on game 3.. auld = good back-up, not to great starter

vCash
    if Auld continues to play well and Marty struggles its gonna get interesting hopefully Auld continues to play well and forces Turco to raise his game to a new level.

vCash
    Turco looked pretty solid in the shutout! thats what we need him to be..not necessarily getting shutouts every night but just not letting in all those softies.

vCash
    Once our defense finds their legs Marty will look better. We still have a relativly young group of blue liners. Plus now they are having to learn to cheat in on offense at times for scoring opportunities which will tend to give up a few more odd man rushes than usual. I think using the back up for more than 10 games will also help Turco out a lot more than anything else.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    yea Aulds been getting peppered here lately and i know that alot of that has to do with the breakdowns and odd man rushes which may just go to show how good Turco actually is. He's having to do with the same defensive problems in front of him and has somehow been able to string a couple of great games together.

Thanks -PRIMETIME- for the BA sig.