Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    I heard ABC gave the show a 3 year commitment at the minimum.

While the show has a 6 month FlashForward leap, it could very well go the Lost route while stretching just a few days/weeks in between seasons.
    right, but do you think they can keep it interesting while dragging it out? I love LOST, but some of the worst episodes where when they were stalling before they had the end date set. I think the premise of this show makes it harder to drag out while still keeping people hooke dthe way LOST did.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston-Born View Post
    How amazing would it be if Lost was tied into this and it was one of the 800 or so planes to crash and Charlie was in both shows playing the same character.
    it would be pretty hard since LOST takes place in 2004 and more recently in 2007. This take splace in 2009, as they said april 29th 2010 is 6 months away. Charlie was long gone by the time this happened, also he was refered to as Simon in the preview for the rest of the season.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    hope to watch it today on HULU. looked good

vCash
    Pretty interesting show, the little preview at the end last night made it look like there was some good stuff ahead.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Yeah ill check Hulu, its on Hula
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    My biggest problem with the premiere was the writing. I watched because the core idea seems interesting but the execution seemed like it was coming from the pen of a high schooler.
    Care to elaborate? I'm curious as to what made you think that way, as I thought they handle the blackout perfectly, I mean in one of the visions, the FBI guy was in the bathroom reading the paper, that's a nice touch, just his luck, everyone has glimpses of the future, but his future is taking a dump.

In other news, looks like FF got of to a nice start.

In outstanding news for ABC, the debut of highly touted drama FlashForward finished first in the overnights at 8 p.m., with a 7.6 rating/13 share. Comparably, that outdeliverd the year-ago season-opening episode of former occupant Ugly Betty (6.7/11 on Sept. 25, 2008) by 13 percent, and it bested CBS' competing Survivor: Samoa (6.0/10) by 27 percent. I cannot remember the last time a regularly scheduled ABC series beat Survivor. Year-to-year, meanwhile, Survivor: Samoa was down by 20 percent from the season set in Gabon (7.5/12 on Sept. 25, 2008),
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    That last scene just put it over the edge, seeing that guy walking on the security camera. ****in awesome.
    that was ****ing freaky! looked like the damn grim reaper..then we found out its a conspiracy!

vCash
    solid show so far

vCash
    was that seth MacFarlane who was an FBI guy at that meeting???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightw/Reyes19 View Post
    was that seth MacFarlane who was an FBI guy at that meeting???
    I remember while I watched it I said to myself, "Is that? No it can't be, he is practically married to FOX." But I was reading an article about Flashforward today and it said it was Seth.

Link: http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlas...-kangaroo.html

I am curious, at the end of the episode did you guys get to see the little promo for future episodes?

vCash
    Watched and its interesting, but I hope they do not do a Lost and drag answers for 5 years and counting. They will lose many viewers that way just as Lost did.

vCash
    Very solid show judging from the first episode. This one is definitely gonna be having me as a viewer for the rest of the season!

Oh and anyone else thought of the possibility that the people's visions were manufactured? Like maybe they did have some relation to what actually goes down in the future but altered by the people behind the blackouts so that they can influence people's decisions in the present. I know it's weird but I just had that thought stuck in my mind throughout the episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    The main guy in FF reminded me a ton of Richard Alpert though.
    That's because it was the same actor.

vCash

vCash
    Wow, I watched the whole episode thinking they were the same dude. But damn just look at the pics below.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sYdL5ogDCX...ph-Fiennes.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__oEu--923Q..._carbonell.jpg

That's damn freaky.

vCash
    Are we assuming that the guy who gets up at the game is part of the conspiracy?

Why would he get up and leave knowingly on camera?

Also, at some point a tv announcer says something along the line of "all cell phones down" and seconds later a cell phone is answered. At the beginning of the episode just after the blackouts both FBI agents can't use their cell phones.

Why were the FBI agents chasing a car so close in city traffic? Not to mention, driving in the opposite lane. They are chasing a suspected terrorist and they have no backup set up?

I couldn't understand why the whole city looked like it had been bombed. I get that there are car accidents and plane crashes, but there were multiple skyscrapers on fire, huge smoke clowds, etc. When they show the heli crash it looks like cheap CGI, for what is supposed to be a big budget debut, and you don't see the heli coming, yet the exact spot where it crashes is already smoking.

Did the blackout cause the zoos cages to open? Where did the kangaroo come from? Seems like Lost, they do it just because they can.

"Get back, this thing could blow'

Recovering alcoholic....ugh

I will watch again this week because I think the premise is interesting but if this episode is as poorly thought out as the premiere...
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast