Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bad experiences?

I saw this thread in the NFL forum and just wondered if anyone had any good stories about BAD experiences meeting NHL players? I suck so I really dont but I am sure some of you have some intriguing stories...

Meh, not so much bad. I see alot of the B-Sens downtown and ****, mostly good experiences though. Denis Hamel is a great guy, my buddies good friends with him. He's always extremely friendly and willing to buy a round. Saw Chara down there once in the bar I work at, he just housed whole chicken breasts all night. Emery's ****ing nuts, he's not a guy you want to run into in a bar fight. Christoph Schubert is a pretty good guy, he bought some ice one morning and had a bunch of us younger Junior guys come in and just skate with him, pretty sure he was tanked haha. Hasek had a brief stint of maybe coming here, he wasn't very social got one look of the town and had enough.

My buddy ran into Mark Messier once when he was at a prospects tourney or some ****, maybe it was just a league tourney. He was telling them good luck as they hit the ice and ****, said he was a stand up guy to the fullest. Annnnd the last I can think of is my buddy met Lemieux at a rink he works at up state, he was coaching or helping coach his daughters team or some ****. He said he was a nice guy too.

So, no bad experiences, no.

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Interesting.

My dad's friend told me he was at TD Banknorth Garden one time and he was there for some players thing to meet them, he told me that he went up to Phil Kessel and asked for an autograph and he wouldnt give him one and he wouldn't even talk to him.

To the Maple Leafs fans I would have still said this if Kessel was still on the Bruins.

Yeah that doesnt surprise me in the least bit.

Buddy of mine ran into Mario Lemieux in Denver when Mario was playing a Pro-Am there. He was working around one of the greens for crowd control etc, and he got a picture with Mario.

My friend isn't a hockey fan in the least, but he did it just to spite me. ****** thing is, he got doubles of the picture and gave one to me, and it's just too cool to just throw away. He said Mario was a class act. I told him I figured Mario was a great guy, not like my dick of a friend.

For myself I have never really had any bad experiences. I have met Don Sweeney and Sergei Samsonov during the nhl lockout it has been awhile since I have met players.

Met Ray Bourque when I was a little kid...had him sign my jersey and take a few pictures with me...one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Would have to say the worst person was Adam Oates lol...he saw a bunch of us looking for autographs and ran past us like we weren't there...what a putz...anyways...thats about it
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

When my brother and I were little we were leaving the Garden after a Rangers game (my dad and my bro are both Rangers fans and I don't pass up free hockey games) and my brother spotted Pavel Bure and walking out and my brother started shouting to him he walked over and offered to sign his jersey but my brother didnt have a marker or a pen, haha good/bad story lol nice guy though.

I used to drive a cab in Buffalo.......

Met Patrick Roy at the grocery. I live a couple blocks away in the Denver Suburbs. Of course he lived in the nice, rich gated community at the time, but they share a Safeway.

Got autographs from Ian Lapperiere, Karlis Skrastins, John Micheal Liles. All those signatures are from standing outside their practice facility (Family Sports). Ian is such a nice guy, if i remember correctly he had some sort of brace on his little finger...?

roberto luongo is a douche and ill leave it at that

My cousin's friend got his *** kicked by Shayne Corson at a bar once, doesn't get any ******** than that.

when a contest in like 06 i think and got to meet the whole avs team. sakic, hinote, tanguay, and liles were really cool. Ian Lapperiere was my favorite he is the ****. Ive met players in other sports that were dbags but not hockey so yea

My friend is Todd Bertuzzi's nephew so I get to talk to him all the time. He's a bit on the grumpy side, but he's a nice guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast