David Pham stood back-to-back with his favorite hockey player, crossed his arms and put on his best hockey-player-tough-guy face.

It’s a memory that’s sure to last a lifetime for Pham, 24, who attended Blues FANfest on Saturday at Scottrade Center.

“Everybody just kind of puts their arm around somebody, but I tried to do something a little bit different,” Pham said. “I took a picture with Warren Buffet up in Omaha just like that, so I thought it would be cool to take the same pose with T.J. Oshie.”

It’s an opportunity he could only get at Blues FANfest.

For three hours Saturday, fans took photos with Blues players, got autographs and participated in activities throughout the concourse. Some sat at the FOX Sports Midwest TV desk used during intermissions of Blues hockey games. Others met with broadcasters John Kelly, Bernie Federko and Darren Pang.

Upstairs in Top Shelf, Season Ticket Holders participated in an exclusive Q&A with Blues President John Davidson.

Thousands of fans turned out for the event, which was held before the Blues’ preseason game against the Dallas Stars.

“It was a great turnout, it was a lot of fun and I hope we do this every year,” said defenseman Erik Johnson, who was taking photos with fans at the event. “It’s a great experience for everybody.”

Fans who purchased season tickets at the event were treated to an exclusive dinner with Oshie immediately afterwards.

“(FANfest) is a lot of fun,” Johnson added. “The fans come out every year and we like doing this.”
http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=499133