Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Heyman on Mets Offseason Plans

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_mlb

New York Mets

* Heyman thinks the payroll will be about the same next season, noting that any attempt to lower the payroll would be a tough sell to the fans.
    * Needs include left fielder, first baseman, catcher, starting pitcher and overall depth.
    * Mets are looking at Matt Holliday and Jason Bay and could target Adrian Gonzalez and Bengie Molina.
    * Starting pitchers the Mets may pursue include Randy Wolf, Jon Garland and Jason Marquis as well as Roy Halladay if he's available.
    * Mets may try to move Luis Castillo and replace him with Orlando Hudson.
    I'd be more than happy with that but I seriously doubt it'd actually happen.
    Mets - heart attacks
    Jets - primed for Superbowl run but will probably disappoint as usual
    Knicks - lol, and probably wont get Lebron either

**** sports.

I can't see them having a the same or similar payroll. I'm expecting a huge cut from this year, the Wilpons have simply lost too much money.
    New York Mets BRAIN TRUST:
    Johnny Lee, MF19, dwright, JF89, Twinke, ritz, MrSexy JF28
    WANT SOME? GET SOME!

YA GOTTA BELIEVE

Great.1) Let's package Oliver Perez (24 million owed) and Castillo (12 million owed) to the Cubs for Carlos Zambrano (73 million owed with option) and Mike Fontenot 2B.
    2) Sign Orlando Hudson 2B.
    3) Trade Murphy 1B, Brad Holt RHP, Fernando Martinez OF and Bobby Parnell RHP for Adrian Gonzalez 1B.
    4) Sign Mark DeRosa OF-IF.
    5) Sign Rafael Soriano RHP.

1) Reyes SW SS
    2) Hudson SW 2B
    3) Beltran SW CF
    4) Wright R 3B
    5) Gonzalez L 1B
    6) Francouer R RF
    7) Derosa R LF
    8) Santos/Thole R/L C

1) Johan LH
    2) Big Z RH
    3) Pelfrey RH
    4) Niese LH
    5) Maine/Misch/FA depth

Could def use another starting pitcher but that is the kind of lineup we should be putting out there. Good to great fielders that can hit. Gamers too. Plus we still have Ike Davis lurking in the minors to play some OF if Frenchy or DeRosa struggle. I like exploring the trade for Zambrano because Oliver is 24 million of nothing here and with Castillo's 12 million it would greatly offset the money Zambrano is owed.

Heyman talks too much out of his *** for me to believe a word he says.
    Props to MetsLegacy

Quote Originally Posted by MrSexy View Post
    I can't see them having a the same or similar payroll. I'm expecting a huge cut from this year, the Wilpons have simply lost too much money.
    Right. That should sell tickets or do you think it will have the opposite effect and make things worst for the Wilpons?

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    Great.1) Let's package Oliver Perez (24 million owed) and Castillo (12 million owed) to the Cubs for Carlos Zambrano (73 million owed with option) and Mike Fontenot 2B.
    2) Sign Orlando Hudson 2B.
    3) Trade Murphy 1B, Brad Holt RHP, Fernando Martinez OF and Bobby Parnell RHP for Adrian Gonzalez 1B.
    4) Sign Mark DeRosa OF-IF.
    5) Sign Rafael Soriano RHP.

1) Reyes SW SS
    2) Hudson SW 2B
    3) Beltran SW CF
    4) Wright R 3B
    5) Gonzalez L 1B
    6) Francouer R RF
    7) Derosa R LF
    8) Santos/Thole R/L C

1) Johan LH
    2) Big Z RH
    3) Pelfrey RH
    4) Niese LH
    5) Maine/Misch/FA depth

Could def use another starting pitcher but that is the kind of lineup we should be putting out there. Good to great fielders that can hit. Gamers too. Plus we still have Ike Davis lurking in the minors to play some OF if Frenchy or DeRosa struggle. I like exploring the trade for Zambrano because Oliver is 24 million of nothing here and with Castillo's 12 million it would greatly offset the money Zambrano is owed.
    I like your thinking, I'd surely go into next year pretty confident if all of that happened, HOWEVER, why would the Cubs trade us Zambrano straight up for Ollie? They would surely want a few minor leaguers in addition to Ollie(lets hope that they would take him), and then we wouldnt have the prospects to land A.Gonzalez.

john heyman

if i read correctly he mentioned Eric Brynes and the catcher Snyder

as possible trade candidates for the D-Back.

he Said specigically Brynes for Castillo, that would SUCK.

Snyders numbers are bad also.

i do like however the Idea of Benji Molina, perhpas platooning with Thole.

For Padres 1b Gonzalez, would you guys consider giving

Ike Davis, F-Mart and Brad Holt?

1.Trade for Adrian Gonzalez this guy would give us tremenous cap flexibilty for the next two seasons and would give us the pure pop that we need.My trade would be Angel Pagan,Fernando Martinez, Ike Davis I think this trade would be exactly what they need young guys who are close to stepping in and playing.

2.Listen now that Fernando would be gone it is clear we will need a longterm solution in Left Field and though we need pitching a great offense can really help as we have seen first hand in 2006 and our pitching is still better than then. I would sign Matt Holliday to a 4 year contract worth around 70 million. He palys great after the all star break and that has been when we have greatly struggled. He could be our Tex

3. With the remaining money I would just sign John Garland and Dave Duncan.Garland would add the extra innings we need and DUncan hopefully could at least fix 2/3 of our under performing stars.

Lineup
    SS-Jose Reyes
    CF-Carlos Beltran
    3rd-David Wright
    LF-Matt Holliday
    1st-Adrian Gonazlez
    RF-Jeff Francouer
    2nd-Luis Castillo
    C-Josh Thole/Omir Santos
    That lineup would be the best in the National League and their pitching would be good enough and if firing on all cylinders I think they could be a real strength.
    K-Rod = Johan 22 wins and World Series number 3

If the Wilpons lower payroll I hope nobody shows up to games and the Wilpons are forced to sell.

I have to wonder where he gets his info. How does he know we are looking at Matt Holliday and Jason Bay. We obviously have alot of needs. I'm hopeful for something big but i can see us lowering payroll by 10-15 million. Signing a #3 type starter and defensive minded corner OF/1B. Were going to hear alot about how much better we will be with all of our guys healthy next year (which is true). I'm guessing Murphy keeps his 1B job until Ike is ready next August.

Quote Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
    Right. That should sell tickets or do you think it will have the opposite effect and make things worst for the Wilpons?
    Oh I think it would make things worse, but I just don't think they have the money to sustain a large payroll.
    New York Mets BRAIN TRUST:
    Johnny Lee, MF19, dwright, JF89, Twinke, ritz, MrSexy JF28
    WANT SOME? GET SOME!

YA GOTTA BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by GivenGrace View Post
    I have to wonder where he gets his info. How does he know we are looking at Matt Holliday and Jason Bay. We obviously have alot of needs. I'm hopeful for something big but i can see us lowering payroll by 10-15 million. Signing a #3 type starter and defensive minded corner OF/1B. Were going to hear alot about how much better we will be with all of our guys healthy next year (which is true). I'm guessing Murphy keeps his 1B job until Ike is ready next August.
    You didn't know?

Heyman has his own crystal ball that tells him everything that ever happens or will happen in this world.

But sometimes it doesn't always work.

Can't blame the Hey man when it's not working.

Heyman is the mouth piece for Boras.

love how this turned into another offseason thread lol. i kind of like what Heyman is saying, but i dobt we keep the same payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSexy View Post
    Oh I think it would make things worse, but I just don't think they have the money to sustain a large payroll.
    they have no choice. Its either spend money now and take the chance on a contending team, or stay put and have a decent team with less fans in the seats. Remember this: Most of the bandwagon fans have jumped off, so in order to get them back, they must be enticed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast