Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Family

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleHose View Post
    Let's not forget what's really important here... there's a football game on.
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I've only seen it a couple of times, and the lines and delivery are very similar to my family or hanging out with friends. It's clever, but not overbearing. Ed O'Neill is very funny. And the wife and daughter are both incredibly hot -- which is nice. When Gloria was throwing her bras onto the daughter's husband? The stuff of really nice dreams.

vCash
    I watched last week's episode today and I think the show is starting to pick up steam. I was on the fence with it but I am starting to get impressed.

vCash
    I thought there were a lot of LOL moments in that episode. One of their better ones. Especially when Lily got locked in the car and Phil got ran over by Haley.

vCash
    I love this show ... didn't realize we had a thread on it. Then again, there's a thread for everything.

It's a pretty solid show. I wasn't sure if it would make it more than a 13 episode run, but I think it's built a good foundation for a three season run. There's a lot of ground that they can cover.

The "cool" dad guy is just so annoying. It would be like somebody marrying Michael Scott. His wife keeps him from getting too stupid for the show.

Yep, good show. I actually look forward to it every week ... right before Cougartown (awesome, as well).
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    I love this show ... didn't realize we had a thread on it. Then again, there's a thread for everything.

It's a pretty solid show. I wasn't sure if it would make it more than a 13 episode run, but I think it's built a good foundation for a three season run. There's a lot of ground that they can cover.

The "cool" dad guy is just so annoying. It would be like somebody marrying Michael Scott. His wife keeps him from getting too stupid for the show.

Yep, good show. I actually look forward to it every week ... right before Cougartown (awesome, as well).
    I think people either completely love or completely hate Phil. I'm on the love side.

Whit or whit-out you. Whit or whit-ooooooooout you.

vCash
    This show is getting better each week... the locking the baby in the car part was good, as was the drivers ed part.

I do love Phil... he is just so ridiculous its funny. The end was great when the cop was trying to pull them over and he was like "i can't do it, I have priors. I can't let em get me. Remember that parking ticket at the mall... go honey go... just speed away" Funny stuff!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-8
    Warriors = 23-3 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    This show is getting better each week... the locking the baby in the car part was good, as was the drivers ed part.

I do love Phil... he is just so ridiculous its funny. The end was great when the cop was trying to pull them over and he was like "i can't do it, I have priors. I can't let em get me. Remember that parking ticket at the mall... go honey go... just speed away" Funny stuff!
    I don't think that scene was in the broadcast I saw. In mine it just showed Haley driving with the whole family in the car and they all freak out when she turns to smile at everyone in the backseat instead of watching the road.

vCash
    That was the end of the scene? Wow, that sucks. The scene continued with the "I have priors" before it cut out. It was hilarious.

Oh, and it's not that I don't like Phil; I think his character is funny ... just irritating. I like him the same way I like Michael Scott. I want to see what crazy **** he's going to say next.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    So last weeks episode had Manny & Luke getting into a fight @ school and last night was their 1st day of school.

Odd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mawp View Post
    So last weeks episode had Manny & Luke getting into a fight @ school and last night was their 1st day of school.

Odd?
    Hmm that is rather strange. I never thought of that. Maybe it was a situation where the episodes were meant to be aired in a different order. They did Scrubs like that during season 6 or 7 i think.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hmm that is rather strange. I never thought of that. Maybe it was a situation where the episodes were meant to be aired in a different order. They did Scrubs like that during season 6 or 7 i think.
    Yeah this happens quite a bit with new shows. It's annoying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstckman View Post
    I don't think that scene was in the broadcast I saw. In mine it just showed Haley driving with the whole family in the car and they all freak out when she turns to smile at everyone in the backseat instead of watching the road.
    you turned the channel too soon. This was the 30 second credits scene right after the commercial break from the scene you just described.

Some shows do a "next week on _____ ....." this show does a little funny scenes as the credits roll. You can watch it on Hulu if you missed it.

vCash
    And the two women -- Julie Bown and Sofia Vergra -- are incredibly hot.

vCash
    phil grows and wears on me simultaneously... i have no explanation for this whatsoever
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast