Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Family

vCash
    It was OK. The gay couple is the funniest.

vCash
    I didn't think it was anything special although it has gotten great reviews.

vCash
    I haven't watched it yet, but it's easy to see why it's getting great reviews.

It has a gay couple in it. Anything with something gay in it will get great reviews. It's the way it goes.

Brokeback Mountain sucked, and it got nominated for all kinds of Oscars.

vCash
    About 1/2 way through the show I turned to my GF and said I wasn't very impressed so far. Maybe it was because some of the scenes were in all of the promos.

The pot sticker comment changed my mind, though. Al Bundy is THE man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post

It has a gay couple in it. Anything with something gay in it will get great reviews. It's the way it goes.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I saw it and I thought it was funny
    I'll watch the next episode..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

And to be fair, Brokeback didn't win Best Picture likely BECAUSE it was about homosexuality.

Whit or whit-out you. Whit or whit-ooooooooout you.

vCash
    I just watched it on hulu and it was great. The part where he came in with the Lion King music was just great. And of course Ed O'Neill is an instant seller to me.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I just watched it on hulu and it was great. The part where he came in with the Lion King music was just great. And of course Ed O'Neill is an instant seller to me.

yeah that part was hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I totally agree. I didn't have many expectations for it as I just recorded it because I had nothing better to do, but it blew me away. I haven't laughed out loud so hard at a comedy TV series in a while. I thought it was extremely funny...almost everything about it too. The fact that the father is just ****** and the writers don't care (as in, put heartfelt moments for the father as most shows do). The dynamic with the wife and kids is funny too. Ed O'Neill (of course) and his relationship with Gloria. Manny is hilarious. The gay couple is hilarious and especially the fat one ("I've gained a few pounds because expecting a child creates this natural bio-physiological change in you" ).

BTW--The Dad-"Oh no, the baby oil!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIN12NBA View Post
    I totally agree. I didn't have many expectations for it as I just recorded it because I had nothing better to do, but it blew me away. I haven't laughed out loud so hard at a comedy TV series in a while. I thought it was extremely funny...almost everything about it too. The fact that the father is just ****** and the writers don't care (as in, put heartfelt moments for the father as most shows do). The dynamic with the wife and kids is funny too. Ed O'Neill (of course) and his relationship with Gloria. Manny is hilarious. The gay couple is hilarious and especially the fat one ("I've gained a few pounds because expecting a child creates this natural bio-physiological change in you" ).

BTW--The Dad-"Oh no, the baby oil!"
    I figured it would be reasonably funny but something in Ed O'Neill is made for dysfunctional family comedy. The cast was good too. The Ed's wife and step son are a great combination. I hope they put at some point a good old fashion Al Bundy *** kicking.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I thought it was really funny. Will definitely continue to watch.

vCash
    Wow... i really was not expecting much, but gave it a shot basically because Ed O'neill.... and wow, this show was sooo funny! Ed's character was awesome... with the whole potsticker comment lol. The gay couple is funny too with the plane scene, and the lion king music. And the one dad that shoots his son and then the boyfriend... haha he is awesome! I am totally hooked and ready for the next episode!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    I watched it last night. Was decent, but nothing great IMO. Ed O'Neil had some funny lines and his wife was hot, but I don't like how it's sort of copying The Office with the mockumentary feel to it. That just shows how unoriginal writers are today. And the whole show is just a bunch of stereotypes thrown together into a family.

vCash
    ^^That's pretty much exactly what I thought. Didn't think it was all that funny, but it's got a decent cast and it certainly has potential.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast