Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Our Defense is scary good

im frothing at the mouth to see this unit on the field. the optimum lineup imo is this.

DE Chandler Jones
    DT Dominique Easley
    DT Jerel Worthy
    DE Rob Ninkovich
    OLB Jamie Collins
    MLB Jerod Mayo
    OLB Donta Hightower

CB1 Derrell Revis
    CB2 Alfonzo Dennard
    CB3 slot Kyle Arrington
    SS Brandon Browner
    FS Devin McCorty

that is borderline godlike. worthy addition makes me excited, he was miscast in green bay trying to play 3-4 DE which is not what he is, hes a 4-3 penetrating DT. i forgive BB for the jimmy jaguar pick now. lool. we have a 2nd rounder thats gunna contribute and help us win, so the draft is now forgivable after this move. hes lucky.

i know browner is starting off at cb but i bet by the end of the year dennard will be starting opposite revis and browner will be following te's around at strong safety. dennard is our second best cover corner and the strong safeties we got in chung, harmon, ebner will get toasted trying to cover te's. i know they will use collins a bit on te's too but i think browner is perfect to cover them. hes tall and physical and not many te's would outrun him.

only weakness i see is we didnt upgrade Ninko. i mean hes a good player and can hold his own so its not like were in trouble or anything but i would have liked to get a better passrusher opposite jones. no biggie. this defense is stacked so that upgrade can wait.

this is deffinitly top 3 defense in the league.

vCash
    I think Wilfork and Kelly are going to be starting in the interior for at least the start of the season. And I'm perfectly fine with Ninko. If the secondary can play to it's full potential, I could see him and Jones having really good seasons.

vCash
    Upgrade Ninko? He played like 80% of the snaps last year and was as solid as anybody we have. How about getting somebody who can give him a breather? Jerel Worthy has injury concerns as well, not sure why you'd pencil him in as the starter over Wilfork/Kelly and Easley might be brought on slow, much like we did with Jamie Collins last year, especially with how slow they have been with him during TC and preseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briz almighty View Post
    im frothing at the mouth to see this unit on the field. the optimum lineup imo is this.

DE Chandler Jones
    DT Dominique Easley
    DT Jerel Worthy

DE Rob Ninkovich
    OLB Jamie Collins
    MLB Jerod Mayo
    OLB Donta Hightower

CB1 Derrell Revis
    CB2 Alfonzo Dennard
    CB3 slot Kyle Arrington
    SS Brandon Browner
    FS Devin McCorty

that is borderline godlike. worthy addition makes me excited, he was miscast in green bay trying to play 3-4 DE which is not what he is, hes a 4-3 penetrating DT. i forgive BB for the jimmy jaguar pick now. lool. we have a 2nd rounder thats gunna contribute and help us win, so the draft is now forgivable after this move. hes lucky.

i know browner is starting off at cb but i bet by the end of the year dennard will be starting opposite revis and browner will be following te's around at strong safety. dennard is our second best cover corner and the strong safeties we got in chung, harmon, ebner will get toasted trying to cover te's. i know they will use collins a bit on te's too but i think browner is perfect to cover them. hes tall and physical and not many te's would outrun him.

only weakness i see is we didnt upgrade Ninko. i mean hes a good player and can hold his own so its not like were in trouble or anything but i would have liked to get a better passrusher opposite jones. no biggie. this defense is stacked so that upgrade can wait.

this is deffinitly top 3 defense in the league.
    excuse me is that a joke? If those are our two starters to begin the season teams will destroy us up the middle. Wilfork and Kelly will start. Siligia and Easley will back them up and Worthy will be nothing but a rotational player at best. They both will not start to begin the season. Understand you putting Easley there becuse he has potential but he is coming off a knee injury and will be eased back into the work load but worthy starting is a joke. I would be surprised if he was ahead of c.jones on the depth chart.

Seattle, SF, Carolina, Cincy are better and arguably arizona is better/equal to us.

Edit: not sure if by "this unit on the field" you mean starters, but you named 12 players.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 08-15-2014 at 10:27 AM.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    Upgrade Ninko? He played like 80% of the snaps last year and was as solid as anybody we have. How about getting somebody who can give him a breather? Jerel Worthy has injury concerns as well, not sure why you'd pencil him in as the starter over Wilfork/Kelly and Easley might be brought on slow, much like we did with Jamie Collins last year, especially with how slow they have been with him during TC and preseason.
    Plenty of options when it comes to this. Can move hightower to the DE position depending on if you want nink on passing downs or rushing and then let james anderson play coverage on passing downs, just have to mix and match accordingly. This season our LB core is probably the best we have seen in years and there will be many rotating parts to keep players fresh. Nink could still see a lot of plays but not sure 80% unless the team feels he can handle that work load. The emergence of Jamie Collins can really help in these aspects as well, as he has beefed up and could take snaps away from nink.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    I'm just glad the OP isn't our head coach.

vCash
    Maclin is likely out tonight and DeSean Jackson is gone.

If they can't get to Foles and get lit up in the passing game by Riley Cooper and the Lbs can't handle the speed of McCoy and Sproles out of the backfield...it won't be an impressive unit IMO. Chip Kelly will try to keep the speed advantage on the field with an up tempo game so we'll have to see if they can handle it.

It's too early to anoint them briz...wait at least until tomorrow :-)

vCash
    There's promise, but I dunno about "scary good" yet. Everything hinges on the line play with Wilfork's health, Ninkovich's health and effectiveness, and young guys like Easley coming on. Easley is perfect for Belichick's hybrid scheme since he can play 3 tech, 5 tech, and even nose some - but he's got to prove it at this level along with his knee's health. Worthy, we'll see what Belichick gets out of him but he'll probably be fine. Secondary should be better and it'll be interesting to see what Belichick does with Revis.

Lots of questions to call it an elite defense. But it'll almost certainly be top 15, probably top 10, because of the coach.

vCash
    wilfork and kelly will probably start yea but im looking down the road to later in the season. these guys are old and wilfork is a 34 player i see his snaps getting reduced dramatically this season and we get more 43 guys in there like easley and worthy. only thing im worried about is bb and patricia playing soft. we got the guys and scheme to play aggressive like seattle now and they better not drop the ball on their end.

vCash
    They still need to find an answer at safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    They still need to find an answer at safety.
    McCourty was about as good as it gets at safety. I think there are enough pieces to ensure that SS is far from a disaster.

vCash
    The potential is there on paper. Just need to prove it on the field when the time comes.

vCash
    Depth at LB is really poor.

I don't think S is a big deal, we'll go with a rotation opposite McCourty.

Nink and Jones need a real breather

DT will sort itself out, but we'll carry too many early to be sure about injuries. Pretty sure VW or TK will not last out the year.

Browner is the wild card (outside of Easley) IMO. Almost anything could happen with him from great to awful.

Potential is very high. Health is key. If this team isn't in the top 8 in both yards and pts I'd say it was a disappointment.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Depth at LB is really poor.

I don't think S is a big deal, we'll go with a rotation opposite McCourty.

Nink and Jones need a real breather

DT will sort itself out, but we'll carry too many early to be sure about injuries. Pretty sure VW or TK will not last out the year.

Browner is the wild card (outside of Easley) IMO. Almost anything could happen with him from great to awful.

Potential is very high. Health is key. If this team isn't in the top 8 in both yards and pts I'd say it was a disappointment.
    Safety will be a big deal if TEs run right past Hightower like last night and pressure the middle of the field. I'd definitely target him if I was an OC...I'm sure BB knows it since it was obvious before last night.

vCash
    Is the OP 12 years old??? Every one of his posts either make no sense or contradict himself. And don't even get me started on his Garappolo argument...

Worthy may not even be on the roster from day 1. Reports say we were lucky he passed his physical, let alone earning a roster spot. Secondly, Easley is the biggest question mark on the roster. He could get healthy and play, but he'll be slowly worked into the rotation. BB isn't going to throw him in with the sharks day one and risk further injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast