NFL Week Sixteen: Pats (11-3) vs. Jets (3-11) - DeFEET Rex one last time

Week Sixteen
    @

Sunday, December 21st at 1:00 PM ET
    TV: CBS

vCash
    Pats (11-3) vs. Jets (3-11)

How beautiful.

We are a much better team than the last game we played them. They won't have as much success on the ground this time, for sure.
    The roles have been figured out with Mayo gone. Collins is beasting, Branch, Siliga and Ayers weren't playing then. Like the Miami game, I think the D is going to want to put out a good showing after remembering how things went last time.
    I'm a bit worried about the Oline, particularly Connolly. That ankle injury he suffered against Indy has really been affecting him not to mention he's been even more nicked up since that game.
    We need to be ready as they may come out swinging. This is their SB after all.

vCash
    A couple months ago I thought I read that they had a couple plays to use Revis as a receiver. Anyone else remember reading that? Obviously, last time they played was too close for such a thing. Maybe they dust those plays off and we get to see Revis catch a pass or two from Brady.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    A couple months ago I thought I read that they had a couple plays to use Revis as a receiver. Anyone else remember reading that? Obviously, last time they played was too close for such a thing. Maybe they dust those plays off and we get to see Revis catch a pass or two from Brady.
    I didnt see that, but it would be hillarious if we actually do that, I think it would be a bit classless but funny if we do that. (Only if up by alot of course)

vCash
    I feel like this might be our toughest game in December.

vCash
    they'll be playing their sb for sure but i dont think it will matter they just dont have the talent to pull it off. they might make it close but thats it.

funny quote from rex ryans press conference. the way he said it was hilarious. asked about what he thought the pats will be like after brady retired:

"I was hoping he'd retire like four or five years ago, but that didn't happen," Ryan said. "Now he's talking about playing his whole life. Like, 'Oh, boy.'"

vCash

NFL Week Sixteen: Pats (11-3) vs. Jets (3-11) - DeFEET Rex one last time

Haha oh Rexy, it will be sad to see you go....
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    Haha oh Rexy, it will be sad to see you go....
    kinda feel bad for him heh. hes a funny guy when hes down but when hes on top like the years they went to the afccgs he was like **** the pats, **** them blah blah. he was a douche then. but overall i think hes a good guy just trying to do his best to beat the pats. id take him for defensive coordinator any day of the week.

vCash
    I don't like this type of game favored by 11. A trash team that will get up for us and play like crap the rest of their games. We have been phenomenal the last 5 weeks on D in the second half. Really no reason to think we shouldn't dominate. Hopefully we score 35 and win by 3 TD's but most importantly get out healthy.
    Last edited by captmike; 12-18-2014 at 10:50 PM.

vCash
    On to New Jersey Team B. Rex already has one foot in the grave and has put his foot in his mouth way too often, so this is his last hurrah. Just got to put their best foot forward and keep a step ahead of them the whole game. Fight for every yard, every foot, every down. Gotta put one foot in front of the other and can't start off on the wrong foot in this game because Jets will come out to play New England tough so Pats can't shoot themselves in the foot so to speak.

I think Brady and the Pats offense will try to keep fleet of foot against the Jets Defense, get them tired. On the other foot though, Pats defense will be ready to go and shut down the Jets.

I don't think the Jets fans will want to touch the final score with a 10-foot pole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I feel like this might be our toughest game in December.
    bills will be, that Defense is elite.

as for this game, this is there SB...this will help prepare us for better front 7's going into the playoffs.

Can't wait!

Let's get this W!!

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Jamie Collins - Since Week 9, no inside linebacker has a better grade than Collins’ +19.8 mark. His grade includes a +5.8 pass rushing grade, a +4.9 coverage grade, and a +9.5 mark against the run.
    via PFF. Big difference between this Collins and the Collins from week 7.

vCash
    Lets stay healthy and get this W.

vCash
    Jeff Howe @jeffphowe · 17m

Edelman was very limited all week in practice. The Patriots knew early in the week he was unlikely to play due to the concussion.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 6m

Julian Edelman is OUT tomorrow for #Patriots according to @jeffphowe .. Smart play. No need to push it right now.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 7m

Wright, Amendola along with run game will likely pick up slack. Interested to see if they call up Boyce and drop a reserve OL
    This is Amendola's greatest value to us right now. If Edelman were to go down, the drop off wouldn't be enormous.

vCash
    The Patriots did not make a roster move by Saturday's 4 p.m. ET deadline to account for the Edelman void. New England will also be without top slot cornerback Kyle Arrington, who did not make the trip due to a hamstring injury, according to a source.
    Jeff Howe @jeffphowe · 39m

Even though Arrington's hamstring is structurally fine, started to get the sense midweek the Pats would be cautious w/him. Precautionary.
    Give them both some deserved rest.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe · 2h

LeGarrette Blount (shoulder) was also downgraded to out. Jonas Gray time.
    That means White should be active for the 3rd time this season.
    Last edited by Aust; 12-20-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast