Dante Scarnecchia is retiring

vCash
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Well that blows

vCash
    Omg no!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Hmm 2 long time NE coaches leaving with in a few days of each other. Will be interesting to see who gets those spots.

Houston? They are becoming Pats South. O'Brien, Crennel, Vrable, Ferentz is the OL coach I think so maybe not. I wonder about Pepper.
    Last edited by captmike; 01-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Dave DeGuilelmo got ol job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Hmm 2 long time NE coaches leaving with in a few days of each other. Will be interesting to see who gets those spots.

Houston? They are becoming Pats South. O'Brien, Crennel, Vrable, Ferentz is the OL coach I think so maybe not. I wonder about Pepper.
    What would Pepper do in Houston? RAC just signed a 3 year deal as DC, and Vrabel just signed on as LB Coach. I suppose he could be an assistant to RAC.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Scar started coaching the Pats in 1982. I remember him from then because of the name.

He is arguably one of the greatest assistant coaches of all time. Seriously. Special Teams Coach of some very great ST's. TE Coach. Defensive Assistant. Was a fill in head coach for about 1/2 a year once. And of course, OL Coach that made studs out of undrafted leftovers.

All long term fans of the Pats knew this day was coming. I just hope he was able to train his assistant to a honed edge.

Happy Retirement Scar.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    What would Pepper do in Houston? RAC just signed a 3 year deal as DC, and Vrabel just signed on as LB Coach. I suppose he could be an assistant to RAC.
    He did have a brief stint as a DL coach so I'm not sure.

vCash
    I wish Scar the best. Nothing but a quality coach whose faithfulness stay with the Patriots. I wish him the best and thank him for making our team better during his tenure.

vCash
    This was posted on a Pats sight apparently they were surprised because the underlined portion was lined through after their original post

Offensive coaching assistant Brian Daboll is expected to be named Scarnecchia's replacement and has spent the last season as Scar's shadow. The Patriots have announced newly signed Dave DeGuglielmo as the offensive line coach. DeGuglielmo has spent time with the Giants, Dolphins, and Jets as the OL coach. He's originally from Cambridge and attended Boston University.

vCash
    wow. i said change was needed in the coaching staff, but Pepper and Scar were 2 of our highest performing coaches. Scar consistently produces more with less.

Hopefully we can give the new guy some better O-line talent or we're ****ed

vCash
    Sad day for NE fans. Thanks to Scar for 30 years of faithful service to the Patriots and being one of the best talent developers in the NFL for lineman.

vCash
    I know there isn't one Pats fan that wanted to see Scar go but it has happened. I am definitely not saying anybody is the next Scar but it sounds like the replacement has credibility. As quick as it happened it also seems that we didn't want to miss out on BB's guy. If we had to have life after Scar the article I read made me optimistic and obviously BB and Dave DeGuglielmo have a mutual respect. The link talks about his firing from the Jets.

http://www.webcitation.org/6ED4KDxH4

In 2004, he joined the New York Giants staff. In his tenure, the Giants won a Super Bowl (XLII)and set a franchise record for rushing yards (2,518) and yards per carry (5.0) in 2008.[3] Afterwards, he held the same job for the Miami Dolphins where in 2011 the Dolphins rushed for 1,987 in what was also Reggie Bush's first 1,000 yard season. DeGuglielmo was named the New York Jets' offensive line coach on January 24, 2012.[4] He was fired on February 5, 2013.[5] Reasons that he was fired by the Jets was can be potentially traced to his actions in the locker room around the media.

vCash
    that Scar is leaving the team, but that he is leaving on his own terms. An amazing 30yrs total with the team, enjoy retirement Scar!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast