Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,552

    Pats Sign Will Smith

    Like it...they must not be "jacked up" with the talent level of the D-line in the draft.

  2. #2
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    26,522
    How secure is his roster spot? It will be interesting to see the terms; what's guaranteed, any incentives.

    Can't keep having Nink and Jones play 95%+ of the snaps. Hopefully Smith/Buchanan/pick can drop that number down to 75%.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

    HOLY ****



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Originally from MA
    Posts
    15,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    How secure is his roster spot? It will be interesting to see the terms; what's guaranteed, any incentives.

    Can't keep having Nink and Jones play 95%+ of the snaps. Hopefully Smith/Buchanan/pick can drop that number down to 75%.
    Yup. Pats gotta give those two fellas a blow and Smith could end up being one of those low risk/decent reward types if he's got anything left AND coming off the ACL.

    They'll likely still look at DL in the draft anyways, maybe still take someone at DT or DE w/ #29 pick.

    I bet the contract is favorable too.

    He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26,144
    Nothing more than a rotational guy, but he can be a quality back up though.


    "I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,060
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Like it...they must not be "jacked up" with the talent level of the D-line in the draft.
    not exactly.the draft has good talent there. will smith is a nice guy to have as a rotational guy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,030
    Glad we picked him up. Adds depth and might give a little more flexibility for the draft. He is going love it here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42,859
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Glad we picked him up. Adds depth and might give a little more flexibility for the draft. He is going love it here.
    I think everyone has the general idea - he's competing for a 3rd-5th member of the rotation. We may still take a DE high, and that will actually effect the decision making on a DT, because if Jones is kicked inside because of the depth at DE, it takes pressure off getting a DT. Also if we get Quarles in the 3rd, he can play DT and DE, so that's the other way to look at it.

    Thankfully the draft is almost here! I'm going to get ready to the watch the first round with no Pats pick - since expecting a pick by us at #29 is quite likely not to happen.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  8. #8
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    26,522
    MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    DE Will Smith contract w/ Patriots: 1-year, $855k base, $15k offseason bonus, $50k roster bonus, $570 salary cap charge (min salary benefit)
    Figures it would be a small deal.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

    HOLY ****



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,060
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I think everyone has the general idea - he's competing for a 3rd-5th member of the rotation. We may still take a DE high, and that will actually effect the decision making on a DT, because if Jones is kicked inside because of the depth at DE, it takes pressure off getting a DT. Also if we get Quarles in the 3rd, he can play DT and DE, so that's the other way to look at it.

    Thankfully the draft is almost here! I'm going to get ready to the watch the first round with no Pats pick - since expecting a pick by us at #29 is quite likely not to happen.
    IMO there is a greater chance of them moving up then there is of them staying at 29. But I defiantly agree that I'm prepared for day 2.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,795
    Great signing.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    36
    Love the signing. Depth for pass rush and a really good guy that BB knows and loves. Does not get much better than that plus he has plenty left.

  12. #12
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    26,522
    Quote Originally Posted by rehone View Post
    Love the signing. Depth for pass rush and a really good guy that BB knows and loves. Does not get much better than that plus he has plenty left.
    How do you know he has plenty left? It's hard to look past him being 32 coming off an ACL tear. Thankfully he shouldn't be playing too many snaps.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

    HOLY ****



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4
    great game tbh

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4
    they r champion

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4
    big game tonight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •