Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

September 11th Rememberance Thread

September 11th is tomorrow everyone, what were you doing 8 years ago at the time the attacks happened?

I was in 7th grade in Science class. We watched everything unfold on t.v. I will never forget that day

vCash

I was taking ISTEP test in the cafeteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    I was sleeping for the first hit (worked 2nd shift back then) a buddy called and while we were talking about the first hit on the phone the second plane hit.

vCash
    Was in 5th grade, don't remember a whole lot TBH. We watched some of it on TV, but that's all that i remember. Watched it with my dad when i got home that night, talked about it too.

#iubb

vCash
    I was home asleep. My girlfriend called cause they'd just gotten out of class and found out what happened. I just remember being really confused at first, cause she said "I think we're being attacked or something, they just flew planes into the World Trade Center towers," and between waking up and trying to process what the hell she was talking about, it didn't really make any sense. But, I jumped up, ran into the living room and turned on the TV, and just got a weird chill down my spine.

My mom worked in the local ER at the time, so I called her real quick after I hung up with my girlfriend, and she said that they were on alert and she may have to go to Chicago or St. Louis if anything happened there. I was alone watching the buildings fall, and even in Nowhere, IL it freaked me the hell out. I worked at a grocery store at the time, and they actually had the news playing on the overhead instead of the elevator music, which was both nice, and kind of unnerving.

The one thing I distinctly remember was driving to my dad's that night after work to watch the news with him, and I passed a local business in our small down that had one of those signs they put letters on to talk about weekly specials or whatever, and sometime during the day they'd changed it to "Stand Tall, America." And then I just cried.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I was in my 6th hour 7th grade Social Studies class, when I heard of this. My assistant principal at the time came into our class and told us about the incident. He told us to go home and to watch the news with our families. It was extremely freaky at the time because the shock was just so tremendous...

$9.99

vCash
    I was in high school i woke up and turned the tv on but didnt really catch what happened til i got to school.

that very day is the reason i am in the military right now

^newest^

Co-Gm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    September 11th is tomorrow everyone, what were you doing 8 years ago at the time the attacks happened?

I was in 7th grade in Science class. We watched everything unfold on t.v. I will never forget that day

I was making my breakfast and watching the morning news. I never forget the news announcer, thinking it was at first a radar foul up when the first plane crash into the tower.

vCash
    Was at school and a kid who was about 30 minutes late came telling us what happened. Didn't care until after school when my mom told me how serious it was... i'm canadian but my parents were in NY the week before. One of the reasons im a Jets fan

vCash
    I don't think there has every been a longer week than that, between how tramatic it was, and no sports or anything entertainment for a week. You were forced to intrench yourself into it. When sports came back it was like an exhale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    I don't think there has every been a longer week than that, between how tramatic it was, and no sports or anything entertainment for a week. You were forced to intrench yourself into it. When sports came back it was like an exhale.
    Yeah, no kidding JD. It was definitely something that will be engrained in your mind forever.
    $9.99

vCash
    Freshmen art class.

vCash
    Was in the 8th grade in French Class when it hit. My French teacher heard immediately and began to cry. We were stuck to CNN all day.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    I was at school (11th grade)....between periods I went to the library and they had a TV set up with the news, nobody really knew what the hell was going on but a couple of us saw the second plane hit which was disturbing to say the least.

They cancelled classes for the day and then I came home and watched the news with my parents. We were all scared here because my brother was in the army at the moment.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Flying from New Delhi, India to San Francisco, CA. They force landed us at Seattle Airport. The stewardesses changed our tv screen's channels to CNN while we were waiting in the middle of the runways. I am a plane freak and i was surprised to see what was happening. the airport was full of planes lined up in anyway possible. when we heard it was a plane that had crashed in WTC, we were scared shitless. everyone was in shock. I also remember that within 30 minutes of the plane crashes media had already blamed Al Qaeda. I remember that clearly because I am Indian and some of the passengers started screaming at us thinking we were Muslims because my culture ( Sikh ) requires us to wear turbans. that day changed our lives forever.

also, my house has a clear view of the bay and the san francisco airport. my mum ( who didn't go to India with me and my brother ) told me that it was really scary. she had never seen so many planes at SFO. she was also scared because some of the hijacked planes were headed to SFO

i'll never forget that day.

Last edited by asandhu23; 09-10-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast