Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

10/10/13: Detroit Red Wings (2-1-0) Vs. Phoenix Coyotes (1-1-0)

Old West Showdown

Detroit Red Wings @ Boston Bruins

Date: Thursday, October 10th 2013
    Time: 7:30 PM EST
    Where: Detroit, Joe Louis Arena
    TV: NNHLN-US,FS-D

Record: 2-1-0
    IR: Patrick Eaves, Darren Helm, Jordin Tootoo, Jonas Gustavsson

Jimmy Howard
    2-1-0
    .915%
    2.31 GAA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLAYER TO WATCH

Pavel Datsyuk

After a bit of a bad stretch to start the season, Datsyuk is ready to come back in the biggest of ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Thought I'd get this up now as the activity is pretty dead. We need to win this game and actually play well. We really haven't done that yet, which is a good sign for being 2-1, but still, a complete game would be nice.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    I fully expect a focused and determined Wings team to come to play. The time off is going to give them enough to point out the issues and correct them. That and some of the already nagging injuries will have time to heal. I'd be stunned if they come out flat.

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    I'd be stunned if they didn't honestly. We rarely start games well and a 5 game layoff almost always means we start slow. I do think the Wings will play a better complete game though.

vCash
    It looks like the Wings will go with the same lineups they had in the first games, which means Tatar will be a healthy scratch.
    The 3rd line will remain the same for now. Babcock likes the line’s size.
    “Real good size, so we need to be physical, we need to be on the forecheck, we need to grind, we need to be at the net and we have to bang some pucks into the empty net,’’ Babcock said. “Do all those things and good things will happen to you...."

vCash
    Damn I thought we'd play tomorrow at least. Didn't realize it was five days off..

vCash
    I dont care if the final score is 5-4 us, as long as we win and score I will be happy with the result tomorrow...as a matter of fact even a loss where our offense shows up and maybe the powerplay too would be a great result.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I dont care if the final score is 5-4 us, as long as we win and score I will be happy with the result tomorrow...as a matter of fact even a loss where our offense shows up and maybe the powerplay too would be a great result.
    Ding-ding-ding! So right about our offense. I know we talked about how great Ryan Miller was, but we really didn't create much offense that game, well shots on net. We could have lost that game. I think we scored 2 goals. In Carolina, we had very limited amount of scoring chances. Luckily Abby and Zetty came up big. I forget the score actually. We either scored 3 or 4. In Boston, we had no chances.

We need to create offense. The third line is a serious head scratcher. It's like left overs are thrown together. If you want to have Bert and Cleary together, have an offensive player. Instead, we've got a raw third line centre that is known for defensive hockey.

vCash
    Yes its way too early for honestly to be worry. I just want to see our offense click and something promising about our offensive potential. I also need to see something out of Smith or else I wouldnt mind seeing a more cerebral player like AA getting a chance. I dont think AA is ready but at this point he is a smarter player.

The third line makes 0 sense to me. Its our biggest line with very limited offensive potential. Cleary is a shooter and likes to shoot, its why he worked with Dats (sort of), but who in the world is his set-up man. Joakim is going to be a good/great defensive center in my opinion he came along a lot faster then I thought he would and Bert has really slowed down. Where is the secondary scoring? Yes Weiss and Alfie are going to help long run but we still need our third and fourth line to produce.

Not panic button, just early observations.

vCash
    I 100% disagree with your statement that Dan Cleary is a shooter. I don't see it at all. He has not been a shooter since his 25 goal season where he hurt his knee. Then, he was confident and would wire his quick wrist shots on net. Now, it's like he refuses to actually shoot. He's throwing weak wrist shots on net in hopes of a rebound so that's an addition from last year. Bert's not a shooter either.. Andersson has a below average shot.. Puzzling.

vCash
    Well you kinda hit what I meant. He likes to shoot weak wrist shots and look for a rebound or create one. I didnt say he was any good at shooting just that he has always liked to. He use to do it with better shots but he was also being set up a lot better then. I dont see him refusing to shoot this year just him not having as good of shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well you kinda hit what I meant. He likes to shoot weak wrist shots and look for a rebound or create one. I didnt say he was any good at shooting just that he has always liked to. He use to do it with better shots but he was also being set up a lot better then. I dont see him refusing to shoot this year just him not having as good of shots.
    How perfect is the line when Darren Helm returns? Helm crashes the net. He goes to teh middle of the ice, and generally creates a double team. You then have an open winger. Helm's got chemistry with Bert as well. Makes sense. I'd like to see:

Z - Dats - Abby
    Franzen - Weiss - Bert
    Cleary - Helm - Alfredsson

vCash
    At least it will break up the line and give it some speed. I still dont think perfect, I think Bert is done from what ive seen and would rather have Nyquist or Tatar there.

vCash
    Also I dont know how much you guys are following our new prospects but Mantha is destroying the Q and last time I checked Janmark is leading the league in scoring on a now awful AIK team.

Marchenko has also probably been the best defender in the AHL....told ya so...mainly just saying that to my self no one else btw....
    Last edited by pidg88; 10-08-2013 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    But how is the best pick, Tyler Bertuzzi doing?

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast