Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    vCash
    what did McNutt's results look like?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Sad to see Dallas Clark get released to day. I really hope he can latch on to a good team and have 1-2 more productive years before calling it quits.

vCash
    Kind of happy to see him released. Indianapolis will be terrible this year again.
    He has had a great career. Would like to see him end it with a competitive team.

vCash
    So Rodney Coe (after saying he would not be coming to Iowa if he was forced to play d-line) tweeted today that he is going to be a Hawkeye. Interesting to see where he'll play, and if he can get his head on straight.

vCash
    what a borefest this forum is right now...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    what a borefest this forum is right now...

It'll pick up in late August.

Anyone going to Chicago for the game at Soldier Field?

The Cubs game on August 31st(friday before the game) is Iowa Day at Wrigley Field. Fran will be throwing out the first pitch and someone from Iowa will be singing the 7th inning stretch.
    Should be quite a bit of yellow in the stands.
    I'll be there as well as Soldier Field the following day.

vCash
    anyone else tired of checking rivals daily to see if we have any more commits? haha.

Hurry up football season. And for the first time in a number of years, Iowa basketball season.

vCash
    Yup the basketball team continues to be on the rise. Actually more excited about the direction of that program than the football team.

However, even when Iowa Football isn't the best, those 7 home games are still the best 7 days of the year. I enjoy tailgating as much as the actual game.

vCash
    Uthoff (basketball) is walking on at Iowa

vCash
    yep. Fran is doing nothing short of amazing. Think of how much more athletic and talented we are now, compared to even 2 seasons ago.

Iowa basketball is back! Sorry, thoughts of watching B.J., Lohaus, Gamble, and Marble just popped into my head...

I may end up rocking a Jeff Moe avatar this basketball season.

vCash
    The way the schedule is set up it is quite possible you guys could be 9-2 when we meet in Ames. Good luck until then!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    The way the schedule is set up it is quite possible you guys could be 9-2 when we meet in Ames. Good luck until then!
    That would be a dream scenario for us. I see more like 8-3, maybe even 7-4.

As is the case in most years for Iowa, most of the teams we play, we should beat on paper. It never seems to work out that way though. I count 2 automatic wins in Central Michigan and Northern Iowa. I count 5 likely wins in Iowa State, Northern Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue, and @ Indiana.

Then we have 5 games I'd say are toss-up or worse for Iowa. @ Michigan State, Penn State, @ Northwestern, @ Michigan, Nebraska. We should really beat Northwestern, but I've been saying that every year for about a decade and it ends up not happening quite a bit, so I'll group them here.

The key is really turning those 5 "likely wins" into 5 wins. If we do that, we have a good year. If we stumble once or twice, hello 7-5 (or 6-6) season.

vCash
    I won't even guess our record until I see how our offense looks with the changes.

vCash
    any of you watch the PTL hightlights? Gessel looks very ready to contribute. Woodbury is skilled, but needs polishing. He needs to learn how to get better position, hold it, and make himself a big target. Hit the weights young man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Ames?

If Iowa plays Nebraska in Ames, then I want to know what the hell happend to Iowa City.

I hope it doesn't burn down.

Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast