Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The way I see it, we have a 3 game season left.
    MSU/Purdue/Nebraska.

Win out and regardless to what happens elsewhere, we are in the championship game.
    Nebraska looked like crap today.
    Hawks are dominant at home.
    Then Purdue....we haven't won a road game all year

Anything can happen. I'll be thrilled if we win 2 out of the next 3 and play in Florida around New years.

vCash
    Heads up Hawk fans. If you have tickets to Michigan State football, you can go to the Iowa vs Chicago State basketball game the night before for $5/ticket. Game is 7pm. You can get as many tickets to the bball game as you have to Iowa/MSU football.

This is done through the Hawkeye Sports website. Very good deal.

vCash
    Yup I'm going to head to that game, too.
    Game ticket - $5
    Best ice cream in the world - $3.50
    Parking at Newton Road Ramp - $2.40
    Gas to drive 140 miles round trip - $18

Pretty sure I can grab someone to go with me, so divide the gas by 2....
    Pretty cheap night. I make it to every Monday-Thursday home game.
    If I go by myself, I just scalp outside Carver. Someone always has a single to get rid of. Last year I got in free twice and the most I paid was 8 bucks a ticket.

Hopefully the fans finally come back this year...I'll gladly pay face value if it means Carver is full.

vCash
    We may be playing at the same time Saturday, but all of Husker nation will be keeping an eye on Iowa and will be rooting for you against MSU!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Yup I'm going to head to that game, too.
    Game ticket - $5
    Best ice cream in the world - $3.50
    Parking at Newton Road Ramp - $2.40
    Gas to drive 140 miles round trip - $18

Pretty sure I can grab someone to go with me, so divide the gas by 2....
    Pretty cheap night. I make it to every Monday-Thursday home game.
    If I go by myself, I just scalp outside Carver. Someone always has a single to get rid of. Last year I got in free twice and the most I paid was 8 bucks a ticket.

Hopefully the fans finally come back this year...I'll gladly pay face value if it means Carver is full.
    Ahh the perks of a crappy team. I've got season tickets at $15 a game.

As far as ice cream goes, thats the only reason I've gone to womens bball at MSU. They do deals on Sundays where the tickets are a dollar if you buy the ice cream cookie.

vCash
    MSU faking the injuries
    Iowa sucked it up and certainly didn't deserve to win.

But jesus....that was pathetic.

vCash
    MSU faking the injuries
    Iowa sucked it up and certainly didn't deserve to win.

But jesus....that was pathetic.
    Pretty much sums it up. Can't really look to any one thing as a reason for losing. MSU came out firing early and put up a big lead. Then we tried to come back and just didn't have enough firepower. They shut down our run game completely, and limited the damage in the air pretty well, all while piling on 37 points.

As for the faking injuries, I don't know what to think about it. Here is a quote from Jerel Worthy:
    When an offense is moving like that the smart move is to just go down and just take your time and don’t kind of rush through it, but that’s what we went out, that’s what we went out there and did
    There were so many injuries, its hard to believe they were real. The thing I don't get though, is what the point was. They were up by 2 scores and playing well on defense. I know we were running a hurry-up offense, but I didn't think faking injuries would really help MSU that much. It just looked bush league.

Anyone who knows anything about Mike Dantonio knows hes kind of a dirtbag (see this), but usually his tactics give them some type of strategic advantage, and I didn't see how this move did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    As for the faking injuries, I don't know what to think about it. Here is a quote from Jerel Worthy:

There were so many injuries, its hard to believe they were real. The thing I don't get though, is what the point was. They were up by 2 scores and playing well on defense. I know we were running a hurry-up offense, but I didn't think faking injuries would really help MSU that much. It just looked bush league.

Anyone who knows anything about Mike Dantonio knows hes kind of a dirtbag (see this), but usually his tactics give them some type of strategic advantage, and I didn't see how this move did that.

Hilarious you use that quote. Hopefully Devils reads this(I know he will )....because that is the EXACT quote I posted on his wall.
    It is very bush-league and absolutely pathetic. Iowa was not the better team on the field, which is why it is even MORE pathetic. They didn't need to do that!

However, momentum is huge in college football (you can say that about any sport). The 'fake injuries' allows the defense to rest up and set up their defense. We were moving the ball pretty easily during the hurry up offense, and MSU stopped that by the injuries.

Dantonio is a prick anyways....and likely encouraged it all. I will be cheering for anyone but MSU in the Big 10 championship game. MSU has embarrassed the Big 10 in bowl games, I do not want to see them in the Rose Bowl.

vCash
    Watching Aaron White in the preseason scrimmages, I noticed a player who can play multiple positions, has a very calm disposition, and is very smooth.

I think White is the sleeper for Big Ten freshman of the year. He will be a very good player.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    wisconsin will beat michigan state in the first big ten championship game.

vCash

Hilarious you use that quote. Hopefully Devils reads this(I know he will )....because that is the EXACT quote I posted on his wall.
    It is very bush-league and absolutely pathetic. Iowa was not the better team on the field, which is why it is even MORE pathetic. They didn't need to do that!

However, momentum is huge in college football (you can say that about any sport). The 'fake injuries' allows the defense to rest up and set up their defense. We were moving the ball pretty easily during the hurry up offense, and MSU stopped that by the injuries.

Dantonio is a prick anyways....and likely encouraged it all. I will be cheering for anyone but MSU in the Big 10 championship game. MSU has embarrassed the Big 10 in bowl games, I do not want to see them in the Rose Bowl.
    Idk about the faking aspect of injuries since a lot of our players have been dealing with injuries the last couple games. As far as the milking time to deal with them yeah it did seem a little drawn out at times. Not really sure how much the delays affected the game since apparently you needed help slowing down your hurry up offense anyway as evidenced on the penalty on your 4th and 1.

Either way MSU got out to a fast start and was able to hang on. Still worried about the title game against Wisc since they'll be seeking revenge again.

vCash
    Wow quite the streak you guys had
    •Iowa's 37-21 loss to Michigan State last Saturday marked the first Iowa loss by more than 10 points in 53 games, dating back to a 31-6 loss at Purdue on Oct. 20, 2007. Iowa did not lose a game by more than a touchdown in 43 consecutive games, between a 28-19 loss to Western Michigan on Nov. 17, 2007, to the 13-3 loss at Penn State on Oct. 8 this season.

vCash
    All streaks must come to an end

I'm in Lafayette right now. Kickoff in 13 hours

vCash
    Croce is there

Hawks lose

vCash
    We won in spite of croce

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast