Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    gives us 2 PG's for the incoming 2012 class, and Gessell won't have to be our sole PG. I am extremely happy with the talent upgrade Fran has brought in, but we will be very inexperienced to start the 2012-13 season

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    gives us 2 PG's for the incoming 2012 class, and Gessell won't have to be our sole PG. I am extremely happy with the talent upgrade Fran has brought in, but we will be very inexperienced to start the 2012-13 season
    baby steps hawkeye15, baby steps. i have faith in fran and i really think he is going to do great things for our program and make carver a fun place to be again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    baby steps hawkeye15, baby steps. i have faith in fran and i really think he is going to do great things for our program and make carver a fun place to be again
    oh for sure. Sorry, I grew up in the Tom Davis era, coming to Iowa City every summer to basketball camp with Marble, Armstrong, Bullard, etc there. Jeff Moe is my all time favorite player. I just want them to so badly be a force again in college basketball.

But Alford in his last year did nothing to recruit, and Lickleiter was an absolute disaster that set the program back years. This is a great class coming in, especially if we get that Charles Mitchell kid, but our roster will be very young and inexperienced outside Olesani, Basabe, and Marble, so there will be some growing pains. But I have confidence Fran will get us into the top 1/3 of the Big Ten in the next 2-3 years, no doubt.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I also think White is going to be a very, very good player after watching tape of him. He is versatile, athletic, and could start this year as a freshman

vCash
    Finally.....a team with more than 10 players!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    I want to watch "Americas Team"
    I have no answer to this... other than

That said, I was down at that complex this summer (saw Rangers vs. Astros at the Ballpark (CJ Wilson vs. Jordan Lyles)), and new Cowboys Stadium is just ****ing massive!

And, on a Hawkeye note - at the Iowa presser yesterday, Ferentz said the coaches took a poll this week and they like the tempo the no-huddle is giving them and they're likely to continue with it.

I like it.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    I have no answer to this... other than

That said, I was down at that complex this summer (saw Rangers vs. Astros at the Ballpark (CJ Wilson vs. Jordan Lyles)), and new Cowboys Stadium is just ****ing massive!

And, on a Hawkeye note - at the Iowa presser yesterday, Ferentz said the coaches took a poll this week and they like the tempo the no-huddle is giving them and they're likely to continue with it.

I like it.
    I like it too. I know Ferentz likes to play physical football, but its obvious that our QB has a great arm, and we have very good WR's. The faster paced, spread offense is probably something to embrace going forward this season

vCash
    Dallas

Leaving for Penn State tomorrow. PSU is favored by 3. Home teams usually get 3 points, so I guess you could say it's a toss-up.

Both teams appear to be unproven. We could be 4-0 just as easily as we could be 2-2.

I'll make my prediction tomorrow.

vCash
    Not bringing my laptop with me....I shall return Monday.

IOWA: 31
    PSU: 27

Go Hawks!

vCash
    Iowa 28, Penn St 20

vCash
    Iowa: 27
    Penn St: 13

Thanks MJ-BULLS for the sig

vCash
    my prediction sucked. Our offense looked awful, and our defense did as well as you can expect with our offense leaving them on the field so long. Great defensive effort by Penn State, but there is no way we should have been shut out of the end zone.

Oh well.

vCash
    I watched most of this game, have to say Penn State is flying a bit under the radar with that defense they have. Alabama is the only team that scored more than 10 points against them and they are now 5-1. Iowa is very inconsistent on offense and they allowed Penn State to run all over them, not very impressive for them.

vCash
    No, definitely not impressive for Iowa. Our ceiling for this season has come crashing down with the 2 losses we've had. When the season started, I honestly thought this team would be able to win 8 or 9 games. Now I'd be happy with any bowl. Schedule-wise, our toughest games are ahead of us, and being 3-2 at this point is not good at all. Without the improbable comeback against Pitt, we would be 2-3 looking at a very tough road to becoming bowl eligible.

vCash
    Well that was a long *** drive home.

I will say, that was one of the best tailgates I've been part of. Penn State fans rank at the top for the Big 10. Couldn't have asked for better treatment.

We have the 2 best wide receivers Iowa has ever had (on the same team). USE THEM!!!!!

Did we throw the ball down the field farther than 10 yards the entire game? That's not even being sarcastic. I think we did once.
    Unbelievable.

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast