Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Croce, inject some liveliness in here. Maybe get up on the table and dance or something.
    Apparently I haven't been in this thread in awhile. Just saw this

I'll dance, but I want some dollar bills coming my way. Well, not $1 bills. More like tens and twenties.

Make it rain?

vCash
    Nope. Any offer I may have put forth has long since expired.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    well thank god the season is over that sucked

vCash
    Rumor is that the Iowa coaching staff is calling around looking for coaching jobs and Ferentz could be headed to KC.

Not sure why Ferentz would leave Iowa with a contract through 2020 (with 75% guaranteed if they fire him)... but stranger things have happened.

I'm a Ferentz supporter, but this would be as good a time as any for him to part ways with the University.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Oregon just hired Ron Aiken as the defensive line coach, and I'm pretty excited. I was wondering if any of you would like to share your thoughts on Ron Aiken since he coached defensive line at Iowa for a long time.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    20-11 to finish the season, 9-9 in the Big Ten, though we only played the top 4 teams once. Our RPI isn't strong enough, we need to win at least 1 game in the Big Ten tourney, most likely 2, to have a shot at the big dance.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think we are a top 15 team as soon as the 2014-15 season.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Got ****ed by the refs last night.... That win probably would have gotten us in the tournament

I think we're out now... Good season though, and McCaffery has this program on the right track

vCash
    well, we simply didn't execute, and got into a running game, which we are not capable of doing. It sucks the rodents (Gophers) get in, while playing horrible the last 8 weeks, and we are left out.

But I think we are a legit BT team next year, and will have a winning conference record. Jok was just named Mr. Basketball in Iowa, and we lose one player. We should be a 24ish win team next year, at least, barring injury.

We need to become a better shooting team. Jok is a very good shooter with length, and you have to figure Oglesby is far better (known as a shooter), Gesell makes a little jump, and we start being a slightly better shooting team. I think Adam will gain some weight, and be more effective around the rim, get more minutes, which is good for our defense, and we will be just fine.

2014-15 season, I want to see us enter the top 10-12 in the nation. I thinks its plausible.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 03-17-2013 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    24 games won so far, highest in how long?

This thread sucks Hawkeye fans, man up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    24 games won so far, highest in how long?

This thread sucks Hawkeye fans, man up
    I've been in the college basketball forum (big ten thread) getting killed by non-iowa fans. Trying to show we should be in the tourney, but everyone is against me

Big game on Tuesday and hopefully on Thursday. If it was on a weekend, I would drive to NYC. Can't during the week, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    I've been in the college basketball forum (big ten thread) getting killed by non-iowa fans. Trying to show we should be in the tourney, but everyone is against me

Big game on Tuesday and hopefully on Thursday. If it was on a weekend, I would drive to NYC. Can't during the week, though.
    Our non-conference just kills us. But the way we finished should have gotten us in over the Gophers for crying out loud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Our non-conference just kills us. But the way we finished should have gotten us in over the Gophers for crying out loud.
    Everyone talks about the non conference schedule.

Look at the CONFERENCE schedule. Teams outside the Big 10 didn't have a tough game every week like teams in the Big 10 did.
    Also, we faced Wichita State, who is in the final 4! Iowa state had a great team this year, too.

It just kills me everyone looks at the non conference schedule and automatically rules Iowa out.

Yet, a team like Middle Tennessee State gets selected? They played 1 ranked team the entire season, and lost lol.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...bahamas-alaska

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The Iowa men's basketball team has ditched Alaska in favor of the Bahamas.

The Hawkeyes announced Thursday that they've pulled out of the Great Alaska Shootout and will instead play in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament on Paradise Island in the Bahamas from Nov. 28-30.

The move should add strength to Iowa's nonconference schedule. The field for the Bahamas also includes Kansas, Tennessee, Villanova, USC, Wake Forest, UTEP and Xavier. The Great Alaska Shootout brackets are filled mostly with mid-major programs like Indiana State and Pepperdine.

The Hawkeyes hurt their NCAA tournament chances last season by playing a soft nonconference slate. But Iowa will play at Iowa State, host an undetermined ACC school and play in the more prestigious Bahamas tourney next year.
    Great news.

vCash
    plus maybe Woodbury, Gessel, and White can get some damn sun, so we don't look like the whitest team ever assembled.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast